Windows 10: Apparent Change in Behavior of "Snip & Sketch" after Windows Update 2004

Discus and support Apparent Change in Behavior of "Snip & Sketch" after Windows Update 2004 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With the "Snip & Sketch" utility in Windows 10, there are two ways to capture a screenshot for pasting into a document. 1. Open "Snip & Sketch" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Jul 27, 2020.

1. MesPia Win User

Apparent Change in Behavior of "Snip & Sketch" after Windows Update 2004

With the "Snip & Sketch" utility in Windows 10, there are two ways to capture a screenshot for pasting into a document.

1. Open "Snip & Sketch" and select "New", then click the "Copy" icon and paste into the document.

2. Press "Windows Key + Shift + S" to capture the screenshot and then paste into the document.

Those two ways still work in "Snip & Sketch" after the Windows 10 2004 update, but what is pasted appears different in the two methods.

With method 1, the pasted screenshot is the same size as the original.

With method 2, the pasted screenshot is larger than the original.

The two examples are shown below. How can I get the "Windows Key + Shift + S" to capture and paste the same size as the original?

Apparent Change in Behavior of "Snip & Sketch" after Windows Update 2004 e4db8e96-a276-4d7f-a099-6ff66fea5210?upload=true.png

:)

MesPia, Jul 27, 2020
  2. ByronM1 Win User

Snip & Sketch - Does not take snip after selection

I have used Snip & Sketch for a long time without problem. A day ago I brought it up, selected a part of the screen, released the mouse key, and nothing happened. The screen was still grayed out and the selection was still on the screen. I can click on
    another part of the screen and the selection will go away but there is nothing in the clipboard.

Have tried the following so far.

1. Installed all patches with Windows Update
    2. Rebooted
    3. Uninstalled Snip & Sketch and Reinstalled
    4. Run Windows App Trouble Shooter
    5. Reset Windows Store via Powershell
    6. Set Auto copy to clipboard to On
    7. Tried other selection types (line, window, full screen)
    8. Turned on Save Snips but no option to save file after snip
    9. Saw an option to created a new Windows account but that would be a pretty big deal to lose all my current settings and security.
    Any other suggestions?

ByronM1, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Jul 27, 2020
  4. John DeV Win User

Snip & sketch

Hello FrankEngstrom,

Thank you for updating me that information. If you mean the snip and sketch? Based on your description the snipping tool is crashing?

Please try to reset Snip and Sketch

Press Start then search Apps and Features

Select Snip and Sketch on the list

Click Terminate then Reset

If it doesn't work, Please try to create a new administrator account then check if everything is working.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Apparent Change in Behavior of "Snip & Sketch" after Windows Update 2004 - Similar Threads - Apparent Change Behavior

2. Change Snip & Sketch HotKey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Snip & Sketch HotKey: HI, I like the OneNote's snipping utility and have been using it for years. Now, the new Snip & Sketch tool takes over the "Windows + Shift + S" hotkey from OneNote. I want it to be re-assigned to OneNote and probably assign another HotKey to Snip & Sketch. I have tried below...
  3. Change Snip & Sketch HotKey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Snip & Sketch HotKey: HI, I like the OneNote's snipping utility and have been using it for years. Now, the new Snip & Sketch tool takes over the "Windows + Shift + S" hotkey from OneNote. I want it to be re-assigned to OneNote and probably assign another HotKey to Snip & Sketch. I have tried below...
  4. Change Snip & Sketch HotKey

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  6. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  7. Snip & Sketch Snip

8. Lost Snip & Sketch after 21H1 windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Snip & Sketch after 21H1 windows update: I've lost the Snip & Sketch shortcut Ctrl + Shift + S after I got the 21H1 update. I have tried open the clipboard and open Snip & Sketch's notification in the settings. The irritating part is its keeps shutting off. I also try reset, terminate, and uninstalling then...
  9. Snip & Sketch Windows 10 2004 lags and black screens when sketching.

Snip & Sketch Windows 10 2004 lags and black screens when sketching.: On every domain machine that I've tested, using Snit & Sketch is almost unusable. The only thing that works constantly is the highlighter, the other items don't draw real-time and only complete after I let go of the mouse. The longer I hold the mouse down and draw the worse...
  10. How to fix Snip & Sketch not working after Windows 2004 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix Snip & Sketch not working after Windows 2004 Feature Update: Hi all, * We recently made Windows Feature Update 2004 available to our users we are a small NGO * Since then we have had a few users report Snip & Sketch no longer works * I have tried this on my own PC on site here. I get the same issue * Namely all that happens is a...