Windows 10: Apparent crash due to unscheduled Windows Update

Discus and support Apparent crash due to unscheduled Windows Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; At 1:50 p.m., my screen went dark while I was typing. I had to do a hard reset on my Dell Inspiron 15 3525, holding down the power button, releasing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BeauDure, May 15, 2024.

1. BeauDure Win User

Apparent crash due to unscheduled Windows Update

At 1:50 p.m., my screen went dark while I was typing. I had to do a hard reset on my Dell Inspiron 15 3525, holding down the power button, releasing for a few seconds, and then holding down again. I got the blue "Windows didn't shut down correctly" screen suggesting ways to reset Windows. I've received several of these since buying this computer in February. Reliability Monitor says the following. Again, the crash was at 1:50 p.m.The technical report for Windows at 1:51 p.m. reads as follows: The previous system shutdown at 1:34:57 PM on ‎5/‎15/‎2024&nbs

:)

BeauDure, May 15, 2024

2. Windows 11 Crashes Apparently Caused by Agent Ransack.

Hello,

Windows 11 is apparently crashing due to Agent Ransack, refer following.

Can you please provide any suggestions etc?

A summary follows;

1. I have not observed a crash if Agent Ransack is not in use,
    2. An increase of virtual memory, refer following, apparently assisted, though crashes still occur,
    3. The crashes apparently only occur if both: searching with Agent Ransack, and using Windows Media Center;
      1. The same search without Windows Media Center apparently does not crash,
      2. Yes, Windows Media Center – I have not found a suitable alternative, and
      3. I experienced only one crash, despite “thousands” of searches using both: Windows 10, and Windows Media Centre; on another computer.
    4. I have updated to the latest revision of Agent Ransack,
    5. The crash’s likelihood is apparently related to search’s character length,
    6. I have access to a computer with Windows 10 that successfully completes a search that causes Windows 11 to crash, and
    7. I unsuccessfully trialled changing the hard drive being searched,

The crash errors include the following:

1. Kernel mode heap corruption
    2. Bad pool caller, and
    3. Page in non page area.

Thanks and regards.

Agent Ransack:

Agent Ransack – Mythicsoft

Virtual Memory:

How to manage virtual memory on windows 11

20160217Windowsuser, May 15, 2024
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows update is unscheduled and won't get scheduled

Hi,

Corrupted system files may be the possible cause why your computer/laptop crashes due to the update.

In the meantime, if you would like, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles below on how to temporary hide the updates or schedule the updates:

Additionally, you may also try the suggestion shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread about blocking/hiding automatic updates.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 15, 2024
  4. Apparent crash due to unscheduled Windows Update

Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

Apparent crash due to unscheduled Windows Update 180999d1521148262t-repeated-crashes-boot-errors-apparently-caused-driver-updates-dsc_9567.jpg

Apparent crash due to unscheduled Windows Update 181000d1521148262t-repeated-crashes-boot-errors-apparently-caused-driver-updates-dsc_9568.jpg

Still no boot. Moving on to the next step.

Borromaeus, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Apparent crash due to unscheduled Windows Update

1. Apparent crash due to unscheduled Windows Update - Similar Threads - Apparent crash due

2. Apparent crash due to unscheduled Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apparent crash due to unscheduled Windows Update: At 1:50 p.m., my screen went dark while I was typing. I had to do a hard reset on my Dell Inspiron 15 3525, holding down the power button, releasing for a few seconds, and then holding down again. I got the blue "Windows didn't shut down correctly" screen suggesting ways to...
  3. Windows 11 Unscheduled install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Unscheduled install: Dear Microsoft - I did not schedule a Windows 11 install, and you installed it on the most key day when I have to do remote support.... consequently as expected things dont work... I am missing a screen for starters all 3 monitors are connected to the same card! I am...
  4. Windows 11 Unscheduled install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Unscheduled install: Dear Microsoft - I did not schedule a Windows 11 install, and you installed it on the most key day when I have to do remote support.... consequently as expected things dont work... I am missing a screen for starters all 3 monitors are connected to the same card! I am...
  5. unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode: My Asus VivoBook with Windows 10 - brand new with preinstalled system, bought few days ago - goes to sleep every few minutes while working. Without any clue at to intervals, moments etc. My hunch is that is connected somehow with videos played in Chrome browser (Youtube,...
  6. Unscheduled Scheduled Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unscheduled Scheduled Sleep: My Windows 10 computer goes to sleep roughly around the same time every day (between 1 and 2pm). It doesn't matter if I'm away from my computer or actively working on it, it will go to sleep. I have checked the power settings, scheduled tasks and event viewer for any errors...
  7. Windows 10 constantly crashing for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 constantly crashing for no apparent reason: Hello. Recently, my computer had started to crash constantly for no apparent reason with a new, random error code each and every time. I do not know what is causing the crashes because it does not show me. When trying to find out what failed using WhoCrashed gave no...
  8. Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates: (Also posted yesterday on Tom's Hardware--no responses there so far.) I have an exactly one-year-old Asus notebook (X555DA) running Windows 10. A little more than a month ago my laptop after a restart was slow and certain pages and programs refused to launch, despite...
  9. Continual unscheduled restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Continual unscheduled restarts: Good morning, I have a laptop that has a habit of shutting down unexpectedly. The looked through thousands of lines in the Event Viewer logs and I see that just prior to the shutdowns I see this message: Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\P4G...
  10. A new glitch apparently due to AU 1607?

in Windows 10 Support
    A new glitch apparently due to AU 1607?: After installing AU 1607 and having a heck of a time trying to get Logitech's Setpoint 6.67.83 to install and get my TRB-22 to work - never did (see posts on Drivers and Hardware), I now had an interesting incident which may be or not be related to the AU install. Woke...