Windows 10: Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

Discus and support Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to open an app Fortnite from my Alienware laptop, but an issue persists "Windows cannot access the specified device ,path, or file. You may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Noah Salibi, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

I'm trying to open an app Fortnite from my Alienware laptop, but an issue persists "Windows cannot access the specified device ,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I have tried giving permissions, and we'll that didn't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the game launcher epic games and it temporarily worked. Now it's back to the same old issue. I am desperately in need of help.

:)

Noah Salibi, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Entegy Win User

app file access permission

Some of the whitepapers on the
    business site
    have some info about the security in Windows Phone.

However, each app lists its permissions on the store page. This list CANNOT BE FAKED as it's generated by Microsoft by analyzing what APIs the app uses. So if an QR code reader lists as needed contact access, better check that the app has a feature to read
    business cards and make a contact card. (Not that you need a QR Reader as that's built into the phone). Since WP is much more locked down than Android, an app can't just do whatever it wants with the system. An app cannot access anything outside of its sandbox,
    so it can't do anything with any file you store on the phone.

The only "on/off" permission is location. Otherwise, all other permissions an app states can be accessed.

Here
    is the list of permissions.

Entegy, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Hooray!!!! Thanks so much, you are a superstar. Issue resolved.

I thought the fact that "Administrators" were listed in the permissions meant that all Admins had access, but apparently not. Now I added my specific login account, it works fine.

Thanks so much for your help, these UAC things in Windows are quite confusing, I am not (entirely) stupid!!

glastolover, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

1. Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app - Similar Threads - Apparent lack appreciate

2. Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app: I'm trying to open an app Fortnite from my Alienware laptop, but an issue persists "Windows cannot access the specified device ,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I have tried giving permissions, and we'll that didn't work, so I...
  3. can't modify file due to lack of permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    can't modify file due to lack of permissions: I am admin on my home PC and since i upgraded to 10 i can't seem to do a lot of things. In some cases i have been able to go into the file's properties and allow myself permission but in others not. Why is this? And how can i just have full control over everything? I can't...
  4. Lack of data access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lack of data access: Hi everyone! Couple of days ago I installed this new vpn on my p.c from an unofficial site. After some minutes I realized I can't open Google Chrome, or any of my applications, photos, and videos. Also I'm logged out of Skype involuntary. Seems like all my information is...
  5. Cant access permissions for desktop apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant access permissions for desktop apps: I need to allow my browser (chrome) to access camera and microphone in order to do video conferencing. In the permissions settings page desktop apps are allowed permissions but none show up. I am also unable to access app settings from either right clicking in start menu or...
  6. Access denied or lack permission on a private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied or lack permission on a private network: My home network consists of one laptop and one desktop. Same local passwords on both, and are registered with the same MS live account. There are no restrictions, and mutual access is without passwords. The laptop is version 2004 and this works well and the desktop is still...
  7. lack of access to Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    lack of access to Admin: RE: Windows 10 I need to uninstall a printer that has suddenly quit working and as suddenly, I get an error 'I get 'protected by system administrator' when I attempt to uninstall this printer so I can re-install so I can correct the printer problem. When I search for...
  8. lack sufficient permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    lack sufficient permissions: My user account refuses to allow me to be the administrator, tells me I lack sufficient permissions to change files. I am the only user. As a test user I can be administrator. Help. Adobe guys spent hours trying to make their apps let me import or export files. Nothing...
  9. Apps & Reliability (or lack of)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps & Reliability (or lack of): Hi, This is addressed more to Microsoft than the Forum at large: My Reliability Monitor would be running at 10 most if not all of the time if it weren't for those terrible Apps. It makes the Reliability Monitor look like a Snakes & Ladders Board with a preponderance of...
  10. lack permissions to my documents

in Windows 10 Support
    lack permissions to my documents: I get a message "you don't currently have permission to access this folder", when I try to open my documents folder, which is located in the default location in my user account on the C drive. hmmm. I can click on the error message and gain temporary access, but after the...