Windows 10: Apparent random BSOD occurences: browsing internet, watching videos...

Discus and support Apparent random BSOD occurences: browsing internet, watching videos... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello TenForum, My computer has been crashing for a while now; it seems to be independent of what I am doing on my system. I have tried many things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jessicaeh, Mar 8, 2017.

1. jessicaeh Win User

Apparent random BSOD occurences: browsing internet, watching videos...

Hello TenForum,

My computer has been crashing for a while now; it seems to be independent of what I am doing on my system. I have tried many things already but to no avail.
    Here are the errors I have been seeing with the BSOD:

• Critical Process Died
    • Unexpected Store Exeption
    My system:

• Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140
    • Windows 10 Home
    • Version 10.0.14393
    • x64
    When my problems began and what I have done so far:

• I started seeing the BSOD after I installed a program (specifically a Tex Editor, though I forget which one now). Obviously I thought the two were related and so I uninstalled the program. This however didn't change anything; I still kept seeing the BSOD.
    • Virus scan was run and no issues found.
    • Ensured my drivers were up-to-date.
    • I had some HD problems start a few weeks after the inital BSOD problems started; I got the error "No bootable device found" upon start-up. See below for details. I ran the tests chkdsk and sfc to make sure everything was fine there. Again, no issues found from either test.
    • MemTest was ran to ensure my memory was fine. Again, no issues found.
    • Formatted and re-installed windows. The crashes still continued.
    • Researched some more and discovered my BIOS version, A05, had some errors associated with it and so upgraded to A09. The crashes still continued.

My latest BSOD was preceded by an Orange SOD, which I had never seen or heard of. A little research told me it could be related to my GPU and so I checked my driver. It was out of date. That was the only change I made to my system prior to this BSOD.
    About my HD issue:

• When I would turn my computer on I would infrequently get the error "No bootable device found". I would enter into diagnostics and perform all of the tests. No surprise the HD was not found and obviously not tested. Once the tests were complete I would restart and, without fail, my HD would be recognized and business was as usual.
    • This is however no longer an issue. I'm not sure what I did to resolve this unfortunately. I went to the Dell website and used their troubleshooting software and performed various stress tests on my system. In addition to the chkdsk and sfc tests I mentioned above, that's the only additional thing I did.
    • If it's necessary to know my HD is a Liteon LJH-128V2G-11 M.2 2260 128GB.
    If any more information is required please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
    Jessica
    Attachment 124359

:)

jessicaeh, Mar 8, 2017
  2. NV Steve Win User

Windows Locks Up Frequently These Days (all versions)

Usually Chrome or Firefox - doesn't seem to matter.

No, just browsing or reading Tweets, not watching video or listening to music.

Seems random but usually only when a browser is open & connected to internet.

NV Steve, Mar 8, 2017
  3. "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" BSOD while watching video in browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox)

Here are the bsod_minidumps, MSInfo32_export, Speccy_export.

It's very strange that this behaviour is random - it appears from time to time. Sometimes I watch video and there is nothing, sometimes there are several BSODs in a row. I didn't find a straight corellation between watching videos in a browser and BSODs,
    but I have noticed that BSOD doesn't appear when I do all the other things (watching video in a local desktop player, playing games, working with Office, etc.).

Nikita Glukhov, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

There is a A11 BIOS on the Dell web site: Support for Venue 7140 Pro

I suggest updating from A09 to A11.

The latest dump has this in it:
    Code: BugCheck 154, {ffff9680d653c000, ffff848018b10470, 2, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : hardware_disk[/quote] win32k.sys is a OS module and not likely to be the cause of the problem. Test your hard drive:

Apparent random BSOD occurences: browsing internet, watching videos... [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Apparent random BSOD occurences: browsing internet, watching videos... [​IMG]

HDD TEST

*Arrow Run HDTune to

• check the health,
    • scan for errors, not quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.

You can also try the various options available with chkdsk.

Ztruker, Mar 9, 2017
  5. jessicaeh Win User
    Hi Rich,
    Thanks for your feedback. I've updated to A11 - so now I just have to wait and see.

I also ran the tests you suggested. See the screenshots below. I couldn't run a benchmark; when I clicked on "Start" it ended immediately.

When I ran the File Benchmark, however, an error occurred and the process exited.

I've ran many options with chkdsk and they turned up no problems.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Jessica

EDIT: I tried to run a benchmark again (successfully) and included the results.

Attachment 124410Attachment 124411Attachment 124412Attachment 124433

jessicaeh, Mar 9, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    If you repeat the File Benchmark test it fails each time with the I/O Error message?

Do you have another hard drive you could use in place of the Liteon 128GB drive? You could clone the Liteon to the other drive then replace the Liteon with the other drive and test for awhile, see if the problem recurs?

Ztruker, Mar 10, 2017
  7. jessicaeh Win User
    Yes, I keep getting the I/O error message if I repeat the File Benchmark test.

I do have an external hard drive, but it will take me a while to do what you suggest as I've never done that before *Smile I will get back to you as soon as I've tried that.

Here are my latest mini dumps
    . Maybe they show a different story.

jessicaeh, Mar 12, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

3/11 8:39AM
    Code: BugCheck 154, {ffffa101baa74000, ffffc501bfec8760, 2, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : hardware_disk[/quote] 3/11 10:33AM
    Code: BugCheck EF, {ffffc8853f17a780, 0, 0, 0} ETW minidump data unavailable Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] 3/13 4:22AM
    Code: BugCheck 154, {ffffb40a1f675000, ffff93812df03b50, 2, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : hardware_disk[/quote] Hard drive is still the primary suspect.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Apparent random BSOD occurences: browsing internet, watching videos... - Similar Threads - Apparent random BSOD

2. Apparently randomly occuring lags and occasional BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apparently randomly occuring lags and occasional BSODs: Hello. I seem to be having problems with a newly built PC. Windows on it starts to lag from time to time, sometimes resulting in a BSOD (most often the error code is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, sometimes kmode_exception_not_handled). The system runs smoothly after a reboot, but...
  3. Random BSOD while browsing internet

Random BSOD while browsing internet: HI i am having this random BSOD while just browsing internet and while playing some games. Most of the time it seems that ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys is causing the BSOD when i checked with BlueScreenView. bug check string Bad_Pool_Header and Bad_Pool_Caller. Seems...
  4. Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos

Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos: So, my computer is new, built within the last month. Last couple weeks, have been getting a few BSOD. Updated some drivers, but it keeps happening. Not sure what is going on. 61914
  5. BSOD randomly occurs while gaming/browsing etc.

BSOD randomly occurs while gaming/browsing etc.: Hello, i get a BSDO randomly while playing games or even surfing the web. It happens most times when i perform multitasking like playing a game, using teamspeak and surfing the web. The BSDO itself has no error code. I checked my RAM with mdsched.exe and memtest (it...
  6. BSOD while Browsing the Internet/Streaming Videos

BSOD while Browsing the Internet/Streaming Videos: Hello all, I have had an issue of my computer Blue screening multiple times over the past few weeks. The frequency has increased and I cannot replicate the issue on demand, it comes and goes by itself. The first time I noticed this was when my computer BSODed when I was...
  7. BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos

BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos: Hello and thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me. For the past month or so I've been getting more and more BSODs with different error messages each time. They mainly occur when I'm playing games (Starcraft 2, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare), browsing the...
  8. BSOD randomly when playing, browsing or watching videos

BSOD randomly when playing, browsing or watching videos: I have reached my limits trying to find the cause of this on my own, please help. My desktop PC bluescreens randomly when I use it, sometimes multiple times per day, sometimes not for several days. The usual BSOD error code is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have ran a...
  9. BSOD's when browsing internet and watching video, multiple errors

BSOD's when browsing internet and watching video, multiple errors: I have had 5 blue screens since I reinstalled windows from a update that did not install properly, also aswell as getting blue screens on the last install of windows 10, but I don't have the Mini dumps for that install. Usually the computer will blue screen when I'm on chrome...
  10. BSOD (GreenSOD?) - Crash while browsing or watching videos

BSOD (GreenSOD?) - Crash while browsing or watching videos: My issue doesn't really happen while playing games. It happened once while I was in a game. I simply spend more time not playing games, so imo it makes sense that this crash happens while I'm not playing games. I don't know. The primary display goes solid green and the...