Windows 10: Apparently differrent versions of same e-mail profile in Outlook

Discus and support Apparently differrent versions of same e-mail profile in Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm new to Windows10 and Outlook. Previously used Windows Live Mail and where my primary e-mail account was a Telkomsa.net (POP3/STMP) account. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by michael912, May 8, 2016.

1. Apparently differrent versions of same e-mail profile in Outlook

I'm new to Windows10 and Outlook. Previously used Windows Live Mail and where my primary e-mail account was a Telkomsa.net (POP3/STMP) account. I successfully managed to get the latter up and running in the Mail Window (Outlook) of Win10 on my new laptop. However, I somehow managed to get 'two versions' of the same profile. For example, if I go to Mail from Start I can see the link to my Telkomsa.net account and when I click on it does open an inbox , but with only the most recent (about 60) e-mails; but if I take a bit of a detour through the settings icon and then some other change account settings link I see a link near the bottom of the left pane that reads 'View Inbox'. If I click on that it load my whole inbox (>1000 mails) and the layout also looks slightly different...
    Can anyone clarify this for me?

:)

michael912, May 8, 2016
  2. n_firm Win User

Mail for Exchange on a N96

I have the same problem. I select the Icon it hangs and nothing happens. e-mail syncs ok, but when I try to send an e-mail a get a message saying that a profile should be created. I have a profile, and e-mail is syncing using this profile.

I´m using the latest version of Mail For Exchange and also last version of firmware available.

Any help?

PF

n_firm, May 8, 2016
  3. Outlook synchronising error message

This would seem to be a problem with the Outlook Profile being used for synchronisation. You could try creating a new Profile as follows:

1. In Control Panel, double click the Mail icon.

2. Click Show Profiles, then click Add.

3. Type in a name for the new profile, then click OK.

4. Choose the option to "View or change existing e-mail accounts." then click next.

5. In the E-mail Accounts window click the button called "New Outlook Data File..."

6. Choose the option called "Office Outlook Personal Folder File (.pst)" then click OK.

7. This will open a window to create a new .pst file or select an existing .pst file. Browse for and select your .pst on the Network drive.

8. Now click Finish to exit the Mail Setup dialog. To create a profile with no e- mail accounts click OK. E-mail can be added when the profile is first run in Outlook.

9. When you open Outlook choose the new profile, then configure the type of e-mail using the e-mail wizard.

You can now try and setup a new synchronisation using this new profile. If the problem is still happening you could also try installing PC Suite 6.7.22, and try configuring new settings for the new profile.

manta---01, May 8, 2016
  4. Apparently differrent versions of same e-mail profile in Outlook

OK, I managed to solve this myself - as I said, I am new to Win10 & Outlook and didn't realise that it (Outlook) essentially has a 'frontend' that can sync with multiple mailboxes sitting in the background... so in my case the frontend was only set to sync the last month's e-mails from the mailbox in the background, which actually contains >1000 mails.

michael912, May 31, 2016
  5. OK, I managed to solve this myself - as I said, I am new to Win10 & Outlook and didn't realise that it (Outlook) essentially has a 'frontend' that can sync with multiple mailboxes sitting in the background... so in my case the frontend was only set to sync the last month's e-mails from the mailbox in the background, which actually contains >1000 mails.

michael912, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Apparently differrent versions of same e-mail profile in Outlook

1. Apparently differrent versions of same e-mail profile in Outlook - Similar Threads - Apparently differrent versions

2. Outlook e-mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  3. Outlook e-mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  4. Migrating Outlook e-mail to a laptop.

in Browsers and Email
    Migrating Outlook e-mail to a laptop.: I have a couple of Windows 10 Pro Desktops. One I need to install another motherboard and the second one all of sudden after a long time of use stopped recognizing my bios and Windows 10 admin password (which are the same). I recently purchased a Windows 10 "Home" laptop...
  5. Migrating Outlook e-mail to a laptop.

Migrating Outlook e-mail to a laptop.: I have a couple of Windows 10 Pro Desktops. One I need to install another motherboard and the second one all of sudden after a long time of use stopped recognizing my bios and Windows 10 admin password (which are the same). I recently purchased a Windows 10 "Home" laptop...
  6. Printing Internet e-mail (Outlook)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing Internet e-mail (Outlook): I am able to print anything from my computer EXCEPT when trying to print directly from my internet browser (Edge). Is a setting incorrect? I have re-booted printer & PC but this did not help. Ideas?...
  7. Cannot Receive e-mail on Mail or Outlook

Cannot Receive e-mail on Mail or Outlook: I'm no longer able to receive e-mail on a POP account through Outlook 2010 or Mail apps. Windows keeps asking for the password, and I keep entering it. I re-entered the password in the two apps, and still, it gets rejected. The password hasn't been changed, and it still...
  8. Windows 10 outlook e-mail

Windows 10 outlook e-mail: I have been using Outlook 2007, the old stand-alone app but it crashed and burned so am now using what came with windows 10. Is there any way to set up a standard format - font, size, etc. - in this program or must it be done each time you send an email?...
  9. Outlook Blocking Incominh e-mails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Blocking Incominh e-mails: After setting up Microsoft Account on New Computer, Outlook is blocking all incoming emails and asking for the sender to set up an Outlook Account. How can I stop this?...
  10. Importing Outlook Express E-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Outlook Express E-mail: My parents Windows 7 laptop fried recently, I got them a new HP 350 G2 which came with Win8.1 and i upgraded to 10. My father used to use outlook express with an email through his ISP, and the only way I see to import that email into a new account involves being on the...