Windows 10: Apparently I can't use Cortana if I'm in the United States...

Discus and support Apparently I can't use Cortana if I'm in the United States... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aaronfranke [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aaronfranke, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Apparently I can't use Cortana if I'm in the United States...

/u/aaronfranke, Apr 14, 2020
  2. randybw57 Win User

Cortana Language: No option for English - United States

My laptop recently updated to the latest Windows 10.

As part of the Cortana setup there is 'Cortana Language' setting.

On my system I have the option of selecting:

English - (United Kingdom)

English - (Canada)

English - (Australia)

English - (India)

My 'Region & Language' settings are

United States

English (United States)

Any idea why I don't have a 'English - (United States)' option for Cortana Language?

Thanks

randybw57, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    Cortana hangs with Australian language HI T

We would suggest performing these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Language
    • Select + Add Languages to add English (United States).
    • On the main Languages page, long press on English (Australia) and choose Remove. Afterwards, proceed restarting the phone by selecting the
      Restart phone button.
    On the next following steps, reverse back the process we did on the first 3 steps:

• Select + Add Languages to add English (Australia) and proceed with the download prompt.
    • Again on the main Languages page, long press on English (United States) and choose
      Remove, and restart phone.
    • Once the phone has restarted with the correct English (Australia)
      language, go back to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana, and begin training
      Cortana again.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Apparently I can't use Cortana if I'm in the United States...

cortana problems/can't enable cortana...

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open the Time & Language Settings page by click on search and typing time and language.
    • Make sure that English (United States) is listed. If not, click on “Add a language”, and follow the steps to add the language
    • Click on “English (United States)”, then click on the “Options” button.
    • Set the Country and region setting to the United States
    • Log off and log in.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Apparently I can't use Cortana if I'm in the United States...

1. Apparently I can't use Cortana if I'm in the United States... - Similar Threads - Apparently can't Cortana

2. Payment method stuck in United States

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Payment method stuck in United States: HiI want to subscribe to the PC Game Pass.I am forced to add a payment method although my credit card is already linked to my Microsoft account where my Azure subscription is being paid from.When I enter my credit card details I cannot change the country as United States is...
  3. Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India: I have Upgraded to Windows 10 a few days back and I got the Cortana feature...But what is it? She is displaying all the Contents of United States...Weather in Fahrenheits instead of Celsius and when I ask for Headlines, it gives information of U.S.A. Please help... I have my...
  4. Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India: I have Upgraded to Windows 10 a few days back and I got the Cortana feature...But what is it? She is displaying all the Contents of United States...Weather in Fahrenheits instead of Celsius and when I ask for Headlines, it gives information of U.S.A. Please help... I have my...
  5. Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India

in Cortana
  6. Cortana Weather Unit

in Cortana
    Cortana Weather Unit: How do I change the weather units from F to C? I do not see notebook to make this change. I also cannot turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. HP envy x360 is the laptop model...
  7. United States-International keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    United States-International keyboard: How do I install the United States-International keyboard to type Spanish accented characters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/united-states-international-keyboard/6ae2302e-66dc-4a85-a8e1-39532880c495
  8. It says United States when I am in Canada

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says United States when I am in Canada: I am trying to get a game on the Microsoft Store, and it says Add payment method. So at the bottom, it says Country/Region and it put The United States, but I can't change it? Photo: [ATTACH]...
  9. How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard: Hi, I tried everything in my end and can't remove the English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard. [img] Region & Language does not show the English United States pack anywhere. [img] Powershell also does not show the English United States pack. [img] Does...
  10. Apparently... I am using an Ad Blocker. Except I'm not !

in Browsers and Email
    Apparently... I am using an Ad Blocker. Except I'm not !: MS Outlook Email (using Edge) on both my PC's (one 32 and one 64 bit) say I am using an Ad Blocker. This is happening more and more recently. Only thing is... I am not and never have done. Whatever you are doing MS, keep it up *Cool [img] 52915