Windows 10: AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??

Discus and support AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello in the past, I was able to open and inspect files in AppData Roaming and ProgramData folders on C:\Users\.... These two folder destinations are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamRutkowski, Jul 16, 2019.

1. AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??

Hello in the past, I was able to open and inspect files in AppData Roaming and ProgramData folders on C:\Users\....

These two folder destinations are not there anymore BUT until the last update. They were in the directory for years, and I need to access AppData Roaming for one of my programs.

Why are they hidden, made unavailable?? I have developer mode enabled and don`t recall ever needing any permissions to view the folders or edit them.

Why now ...WTH ??

:)

WilliamRutkowski, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

ProgramData-filder backup

Hi,

The ProgramData folder is usually located in the C: drive of your device. To locate the ProgramData folder, you can perform the following:

• In File Explorer, click on the View tab.
    • Click on Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

Right click ProgramData folder, choose Properties:

AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden?? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 16, 2019
  4. AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??

How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??

1. AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden?? - Similar Threads - AppData ProgramData are

2. Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...: PLEASE don't answer this and suggest the above *could* cause system instability, blah-blah. It's possible...There are so many reasons why I believe this should be a standard option with any install..... and even pushed with OEM installs after first login......
  3. Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...: PLEASE don't answer this and suggest the above *could* cause system instability, blah-blah. It's possible...There are so many reasons why I believe this should be a standard option with any install..... and even pushed with OEM installs after first login......
  4. Copy old to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy old to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry.: What is needed to copy old programs to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry? packagecaches or?How do I find and import export the registry and what else is needed?I'm tired of how much a struggle windows is. By default things are stupid/broken, or get updated to...
  5. Copy old to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy old to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry.: What is needed to copy old programs to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry? packagecaches or?How do I find and import export the registry and what else is needed?I'm tired of how much a struggle windows is. By default things are stupid/broken, or get updated to...
  6. Can AppData or ProgramData be replaced with shortcuts to other drives?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can AppData or ProgramData be replaced with shortcuts to other drives?: I'm gradually running out of space on C:. I've moved most large folders to other drives that I know are safe to move. However, two of the biggest remaining storage hogs are C:\ProgramData (44 GB) and my own AppData (28 GB), which is also on C:. Would it be possible to move...
  7. Curiosity about the Hidden AppData

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Curiosity about the Hidden AppData: I have a question regarding AppData. I downloaded an app in my D drive games but it told me that the AppData is located in my C drive. Now I'm wondering why does it go in my C Drive if the app that I downloaded is in my D drive? Will it complicate stuff? I'm just curious....
  8. I know about the menu items located in AppData and ProgramData but ...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I know about the menu items located in AppData and ProgramData but ...: ... there are some menu items that are not found in either, and I want to be able to move them to a Start menu folder. For example, I have a Dell notebook that, when tools were installed, it created a folder in the Start menu named Dell but also created two icons in the...
  9. Hidden ProgramData missing from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden ProgramData missing from File Explorer: After update to the latest Windows 10 build 1809, this folder completely gone. Do I have any virus or anyone have solution how to get it back? Thanks![ATTACH]...
  10. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...