Windows 10: Appdata folder cannot be found?

Discus and support Appdata folder cannot be found? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I would like to follow my path to get to the App Data folder but when I click through it it does not appear. I can only access it by typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bosshaft744, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Appdata folder cannot be found?

Hello I would like to follow my path to get to the App Data folder but when I click through it it does not appear. I can only access it by typing windows R and then %appdata% but why can't I search it normally?

:)

Bosshaft744, Jul 28, 2020

2. How do I access the appdata folder when it is not my C:\ drive?

When you say you cannot see it do you mean you don't see the main AppData folder? If so you can click on the view tab at the top then over to the right a bit tick the hidden items check box.

animal007uk, Jul 29, 2020
  3. deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Appdata folder cannot be found?

1. Appdata folder cannot be found? - Similar Threads - Appdata folder cannot

2. UserSID found in Appdata folder is different as UserSID registered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UserSID found in Appdata folder is different as UserSID registered: Dear All,First at all I want to highlight that I am not IT expert and my office IT department have no idea what is this about so I seek advise from here.I am inspecting a laptop and found a folder named S-1-5-31-128and a lot of digit behind in Appdata\Local\This folder come...
  3. UserSID found in Appdata folder is different as UserSID registered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UserSID found in Appdata folder is different as UserSID registered: Dear All,First at all I want to highlight that I am not IT expert and my office IT department have no idea what is this about so I seek advise from here.I am inspecting a laptop and found a folder named S-1-5-31-128and a lot of digit behind in Appdata\Local\This folder come...
  4. UserSID found in Appdata folder is different as UserSID registered

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  6. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  7. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission: i have full control and permissions. when it asks me i tell it to go ahead. at the end it says i can't delete it without permission. literally have full permission on every single account. what in the fuck. under user i'm already set to administrator. submitted by...
  9. Deleting Folders In AppData

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Folders In AppData: I asked this question in another subreddit already but I wanted some extra opinions just to be safe. So I uninstalled Zoom months ago because I didn’t want to use it on my laptop and I generally didn’t trust it. However, after looking through my laptops folders for other...
  10. Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found": This has got to be the most frustrating issue I've ever encountered. Second time in the last month. I'm trying to delete a folder on my F:\ drive. It has a long name: "Palomino Blackwing Leather Pencil Roll" It's now empty. I want to remove it from my hard drive....