Windows 10: Appdata folder corrupted - unable to even reinstall win 10 while keeping files

Discus and support Appdata folder corrupted - unable to even reinstall win 10 while keeping files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have not find any help anywhere about my situation so this is my last resort.I've accidentally corrupted my roaming folder from appdata and since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkFlarewave, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Appdata folder corrupted - unable to even reinstall win 10 while keeping files

I have not find any help anywhere about my situation so this is my last resort.I've accidentally corrupted my roaming folder from appdata and since then it's been hell with my laptop.Any sign in with microsoft is not working, i can't go on minecraft for example, and i had to do some tweaks for my laptop profile.Today I wanted to reinstall and repair windows 10, my C: is full so unable to do by cloud i go with local.It gives me the error code 0xc0000185 and refuses to install windows properly.None of my usb are plugged in and failing, and it does the same when i enter uefi and repair, cannot re

:)

MarkFlarewave, Aug 17, 2022

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Aug 17, 2022
  3. deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Appdata folder corrupted - unable to even reinstall win 10 while keeping files

How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Appdata folder corrupted - unable to even reinstall win 10 while keeping files

1. Appdata folder corrupted - unable to even reinstall win 10 while keeping files - Similar Threads - Appdata folder corrupted

2. Application is unable to create temp files in user AppData folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application is unable to create temp files in user AppData folder: We are using application along with the MS Visio 2016 32 Bit. When application is working it copies project files to local user App Data folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local. It was working correctly and after the recent Windows security updates, it is observed that...
  3. Application is unable to create temp files in user AppData folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application is unable to create temp files in user AppData folder: We are using application along with the MS Visio 2016 32 Bit. When application is working it copies project files to local user App Data folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local. It was working correctly and after the recent Windows security updates, it is observed that...
  4. Application is unable to create temp files in user AppData folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Appdata folder corrupted - unable to even reinstall win 10 while keeping files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Appdata folder corrupted - unable to even reinstall win 10 while keeping files: I have not find any help anywhere about my situation so this is my last resort.I've accidentally corrupted my roaming folder from appdata and since then it's been hell with my laptop.Any sign in with microsoft is not working, i can't go on minecraft for example, and i had to...
  6. Appdata folder corrupted - unable to even reinstall win 10 while keeping files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Appdata folder corrupted - unable to even reinstall win 10 while keeping files: I have not find any help anywhere about my situation so this is my last resort.I've accidentally corrupted my roaming folder from appdata and since then it's been hell with my laptop.Any sign in with microsoft is not working, i can't go on minecraft for example, and i had to...
  7. Corrupted files even after reformat / reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted files even after reformat / reinstalling Windows 10: So this issue started the other day after I had a windows update stop in a middle of a percentage and then after many hours I turned off the computer. Tried doing the update again. Then after that update windows gave me a black screen, only thing working was ctrl alt del....
  8. Bedrock Minecraft worlds gone after Windows reinstall, not even in AppData folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bedrock Minecraft worlds gone after Windows reinstall, not even in AppData folders: So I just basically moved Windows from my hard drive to my solid state drive, and all of my other stuff was saved and carried over because it was on one of my two drives. I had some Bedrock worlds that aren't showing in the list in the game now, so I went to...
  9. Corrupted Appdata folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Appdata folder?: A couple of days back I had decided to uncheck the "hidden box" for the appdata folder within my user folder, applying the attribute to files also. I have done this before on previous computers however when restarting my laptop after outlook wasn't loading up, the majority of...
  10. Corrupt Win 10 Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Corrupt Win 10 Files: Hello! Powering on my PC this morn I got a "preparing windows" message, then it made me sign out and sign back in. I googled the error and it suggested I run a windows scan via the command prompt. I did and this was the result: "Windows Resource Protection...