Windows 10: AppData folder in OneDrive

Discus and support AppData folder in OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, considering that the AppData folder is the biggest in my user folder, could it be possible to sync it to OneDrive and free space on the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FedericoRidolfi, Apr 16, 2021.

1. AppData folder in OneDrive

Hi,

considering that the AppData folder is the biggest in my user folder, could it be possible to sync it to OneDrive and free space on the hard drive?

Thank you for your support.

Fed

:)

FedericoRidolfi, Apr 16, 2021

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 16, 2021
  3. TarAn_D Win User
    Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Apr 16, 2021
  4. AppData folder in OneDrive

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

AppData folder in OneDrive

1. AppData folder in OneDrive - Similar Threads - AppData folder OneDrive

2. Roaming AppData folder appears in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roaming AppData folder appears in OneDrive: HelloIn my Onedrive, I have a folder called E:\OneDrive\Kiki - appdata\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows with 2 subfolders, Recent and Start Menu.I dont quite understand why it's there and not in the normal appdata section in C:\Users\Kiki\AppData\Roaming. I've tried to reset...
  3. Roaming AppData folder appears in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roaming AppData folder appears in OneDrive: HelloIn my Onedrive, I have a folder called E:\OneDrive\Kiki - appdata\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows with 2 subfolders, Recent and Start Menu.I dont quite understand why it's there and not in the normal appdata section in C:\Users\Kiki\AppData\Roaming. I've tried to reset...
  4. Roaming AppData folder appears in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  6. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  7. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I Uploaded my AppData folder to OneDrive, but when i downloaded it, the folder was...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Uploaded my AppData folder to OneDrive, but when i downloaded it, the folder was...: I suspected my computer had malware due to various signs that point in that direction. So I uploaded all the files I had that I find important to OneDrive and completely factory reset my system, however when I downloaded the files they showed up as empty. Now by files im...
  9. Deleting Folders In AppData

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Folders In AppData: I asked this question in another subreddit already but I wanted some extra opinions just to be safe. So I uninstalled Zoom months ago because I didn’t want to use it on my laptop and I generally didn’t trust it. However, after looking through my laptops folders for other...
  10. Moving Appdata folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Appdata folder: I am looking to move the Appdata folder within my user file. I have tried previously to move it(changing the location of the files inside it)and it caused system hangs and a loss of the start menu. Ive also tried to do the old method of running though audit mode and that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. onedrivr app data

3. onedrive appdata