Windows 10: AppData Folder

Discus and support AppData Folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IsaacSewel.l, Oct 22, 2021.

1. AppData Folder

I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back?

:)

IsaacSewel.l, Oct 22, 2021

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 22, 2021
  3. deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

AppData Folder

How do I access the appdata folder when it is not my C:\ drive?

Its a hidden folder by default. You need to enable hidden files and folders. You can navigate to it though by typing in the path or if you are logged in under the user account in question in explorer just click on the navigation bar and type %appdata% its a system variable so it will open it right up.

Solaris17, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

AppData Folder

1. AppData Folder - Similar Threads - AppData Folder

2. Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?: Hey all,I was going through my AppData folder and accidentally double clicked on the folder name for "Roaming" and started the file renaming process the one where that "typing" bar shows up at the end of the file name. I know that renaming/moving these folders can mess up a...
  3. Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?: Hey all,I was going through my AppData folder and accidentally double clicked on the folder name for "Roaming" and started the file renaming process the one where that "typing" bar shows up at the end of the file name. I know that renaming/moving these folders can mess up a...
  4. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...
  5. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...
  6. How would i find AppData Folder for the App WorldBox?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How would i find AppData Folder for the App WorldBox?: I am trying to find out AppData folder to install the WorldBox game on my PC. I can't find that folder as I have to paste some files there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-would-i-find-appdata-folder-for-the-app/13c42ecd-cf75-40aa-a4c4-b7836d70e5f2
  7. How would i find AppData Folder for the App WorldBox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How would i find AppData Folder for the App WorldBox?: I am trying to find out AppData folder to install the WorldBox game on my PC. I can't find that folder as I have to paste some files there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-would-i-find-appdata-folder-for-the-app/13c42ecd-cf75-40aa-a4c4-b7836d70e5f2
  8. How would i find AppData Folder for the App WorldBox?

9. Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData: hello I found this strange folder in \AppData\Local folder and I am asking if it is safe or not it includes these 2 files and I scanned them with Malwarebytes but it didn't detect any malware, is it ok to delete these?...
  10. Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData

Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData: hello I found this strange folder in \AppData\Local folder and I am asking if it is safe or not it includes these 2 files and I scanned them with Malwarebytes but it didn't detect any malware, is it ok to delete these?...