Windows 10: Appdata\local\pagkages preventing user profile removal?

Discus and support Appdata\local\pagkages preventing user profile removal? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My conference room computers need the user profiles purged ever few weeks. It used work fine but now I receive an error stating that not all data has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jason A B, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Jason A B Win User

Appdata\local\pagkages preventing user profile removal?

My conference room computers need the user profiles purged ever few weeks. It used work fine but now I receive an error stating that not all data has been removed. Whenever I look the only thing still hanging out is the appdata\local\packages folder, which will have 1 or 2 folders left in it. If I try to delete it fails, but then upon failure if I "retry" it removes the folders.

Anyone experiencing this? If so anyone find a way to get it to stop or am I just going to have to script my way around this?

:)

Jason A B, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. Windows 10 roaming profile includes AppData\Local & LocalNow folders

Existing Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 domain environment with accounts configured to use roaming profiles stored on a Windows 2012 server using DFS file share.

New Windows 10 Pro built for testing and logged on with an existing domain account. First hint something was wrong was the "Roaming profile not fully synchronised" errors. Looking the event log reveals lots of access denied errors from the user profile service
    attempting to copy to/from AppData\Local and AppData\LocalNow.

Looking in the new v5 profile sub-folder created automatically, there is indeed three sub-folders:

• Roaming - expected
    • Local - shouldn't be there
    • LocalNow - shouldn't be there

The Local & LocalNow folders are not in the v2 profile from the existing Windows 7 & 8.1 clients.

Aside from these access denied errors and pop-up warning, including Local & LocalNow in the roaming profile is a really bad idea as it really slows down the log on & off process as they tend to contain large number of large files, e.g. cached application
    data. The whole idea of splitting Local & LocalNow out is so this temporary/rebuildable data can be kept out of the profile.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks, Rob.

Rob Nicholson (Home), Aug 20, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Appdata\local\pagkages preventing user profile removal? - Similar Threads - Appdatalocalpagkages preventing user

2. User Profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profiles: Hello,I wanted to change the name of one of the existing folders under “Users”I followed the instructions found online and changed the profile image path or something under regedit. I then restarted my laptop and it took me to a completely new profile named Temp. I went back...
  3. user profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user profile: sometimes when i turn on my laptop windows10 i get user profile service service failed to log in. if i power down and power back up it will start up some times normal and some times in safe mode....
  4. user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    user profile: I had a new hard drive in my computer. When the technician reloaded MS, Windows 10, etc., he kept all the right account information, including my profile picture, but despite the account being in my name, he put my husband's name under my picture on that opening screen. I...
  5. Deleted User but Cannot Remove Profile Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted User but Cannot Remove Profile Folder: I have Windows 10 Home. I deleted a user profile via control panel and said YES to remove the folders & files. Windows 10 removed the user, but the profile folder (c:\user\Joe) remains. I tried everything I could find (including changing owner, changing permissions,...
  6. User Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Profile: How do you fix a corrupted user profile in Windows 10? Windows Fax and Scan would not fax following an update. I got an error message: “The RPC server is unavailable in Windows 10” On the Services window, I found the items DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure...
  7. How to prevent previous user profile loading in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to prevent previous user profile loading in Windows 10: Hi, This is a (weird) variant of 'prevent auto logon in windows 10'. I have 6 user accounts on my laptop (4 kids and 2 parents having admin rights). All users are password protected and I have also checked the box in netplwiz that requires all accounts to enter a password...
  8. remove the profile/user picture

remove the profile/user picture: Hi.. i just bought a 2nd hand laptop, please help me to remove the profile/user picture of the previous owner. [img] sorry for my post its my first time to ask help in this community.. thanks.. 103142
  9. Unable to remove unwanted user profile

Unable to remove unwanted user profile: My son has an old user profile he needs to delete, when he tries to do this he gets a message saying some user files may be left.....sorry it's a bit vague, but he tells me it will not let him delete it. is there an alternative method please thanks 88053
  10. Removing/renaming a user profile folder in C:\Users?

Removing/renaming a user profile folder in C:\Users?: Just joined this forum recently, so this is my first post. Anyways, I've been looking online for a method to simply delete the folder of an old user profile in C:\Users. I have yet to come across a successful method. The message that appears when I try to delete the folder is...