Windows 10: %appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive

Discus and support %appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have found some discussions on this but none are very clear. It seems that the only way to access a profile on the old drive is through %appdata%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Oct 5, 2018.

1. %appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive

I have found some discussions on this but none are very clear.

It seems that the only way to access a profile on the old drive is through %appdata% from the Run menu.

The run then %appdata% works on my current machine.

But I have not been able to figure out how to search for %appdata%
    in the old drive from the new drive.

Maybe there is some way to do this from the command line?

Any tips for making the transfers?

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

mikeincousa, Oct 5, 2018
  2. pbmaster Win User

Thunderbird problems

Right, so my gf's dad tried to back up his mail from Thunderbird to a network HDD by changing the location of the local folder for all his accounts, which is like 3 or 4. Now, none of his mail or accounts show up in Thunderbird and they aren't listed on the network drive. I was able to locate all the mail in its original location in AppData, but I don't know how to get it back to the way it was. Any ideas would help, thanks in advance.

pbmaster, Oct 5, 2018
  3. John582n Win User
    Windows Live Issue & Thunderbird folders

Hi Allan

Windows Live Mail

Could be a corrupt WLM database. I suggest you try the following (assuming you use the default location of the WLM data).

Warning - this process will remove your email accounts and all emails in the mail boxes and Storage Folders

• Close Windows Live Mail
    • In File Explorer, navigate to C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Microsoft, locate the Windows Live Mail folder
    • Make a backup of the Windows Live Mail folder on a flash drive or somewhere else. (With this backup you will at least be able to view individual mail messages)
    • Delete the Windows Live Mail Folder
    • Restart Windows Live Mail - it should behave like when it first installed, requesting your account details etc.

Thunderbird

Which INI files did you rename? If you didn't rename any ini files in the folder C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Thunderbird\Profiles, do the following:

• Close Thunderbird
    • Make a backup copy of C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Thunderbird\Profiles
    • Delete the folder
    • Uninstall Thunderbird
    • Reinstall Thunderbird but don't start it
    • Restore the above folder fro the backup
    • Start Thunderbird.

If that doesn't work try playing around with the Thunderbird Profile Manager

• Hold Windows key and tap R, enter the following exactly with quotes etc. in the "Open" box, OK
    • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -P
    • If you see "Default User", select it and tick "Use the selected profile without asking at startup"
    • Click Start Thunderbird and see if your profile (messages, accounts, contacts) appears
    • If not, close Thunderbird, Start the Thunderbird Profile Manager again
    • This time click "Create profile" to start a wizard, click Next
    • Enter a profile name, click Choose folder
    • See if you can locate your profile folder, select it. Start Thunderbird

John582n, Oct 5, 2018
  4. TimDoran Win User

%appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive

Recover Thunderbird profile after Windows 10 Creators Update failed completely

Hello,

I would like to recover my Thunderbird profile folder after the Windows 10 Creators Update failed, along with all Windows 10 built-in rescue and / or recovery options.

I have been able to recover almost all my document, photo, video and audio files using the method described here: "Rescue Files when Windows Won't Start," which can be found at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nt-start/862c143f-9239-4e63-8968-635e8ba9efd6

However, I cannot get to my T'bird profile folder, which Thunderbird stores in the \users\username\appdata\Roaming folder.

I can get to the Users folder, but it does not contain the Thunderbird profile folder as it does when Win 10 is properly installed.

I've tried unsuccessfully navigating through the command prompt, which launches at x:\windows\system32

But the update process recreated the drive structure, and I am not able to change to another directory, although I can move up a level to x:\windows and get a dir listing. I admit I have forgotten nearly every DOS command I ever
    learned years ago.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

TimDoran, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

%appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive

1. %appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive - Similar Threads - %appdata% Failed Drive

2. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  3. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  4. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Moving Thunderbird data or profile to a second drive ?

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Thunderbird data or profile to a second drive ?: I just installed a second drive for storage & want to offload & direct TB email to it from the C: drive. Most articles I've seen explain how to move the profile to a second drive. But some tell how to just change the file path in TB and save just the email to another drive....
  6. Move C drive to new drive

Move C drive to new drive: Morning guys.So I have installed a new m.2 SSD into my motherboard. I have a SSD as my main boot drive and a HDD as my Data drive. Is there a way to move my C drive to my m.2 SSD and changing it to C drive without having to reinstall windows 10?...
  7. revert moving appdata roaming to another drive, back to c:\ drive

revert moving appdata roaming to another drive, back to c:\ drive: I decided to move my appdata roaming folder by using the location tab to another drive. I now have two appdata roaming folders one in c:\ drive and one in d:\ drive. after further googling i found out that i should really keep the roaming folder on the c:\ where it belongs....
  8. Move appdata folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move appdata folder to another drive: I was wondering if it was possible to move the appdata folder to a drive different from c, since I have a small ssd and I want to free up some space. I've red that changing its path could break some programs so I wanted to know what do you think about it and if you know other...
  9. Accidentally moved appdata roaming to D: Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally moved appdata roaming to D: Drive: I watched a video 4 months ago on how to move the appdata folder because it was taking up a ton of space on my smaller C drive. I expected for the appdata folder to be moved onto the driver, but instead all of the files inside of "Roaming" were moved onto the drive, and a...
  10. Moving C drive to a new drive

Moving C drive to a new drive: Hello My main C drive is starting to pack up. Is it possible to transfer my complete C drive to a new hard drive and keep my windows and all of my programs? Thank you for the help. I use windows 10 64bit....