Windows 10: AppData Temp folder filling up 326.6GB every night, help!

Discus and support AppData Temp folder filling up 326.6GB every night, help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Screenshot of problem - https://imgur.com/a/TOd5b7K For the last two weeks or so, every night, my appdata temp folder gets larger and larger.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ifits2loudyoure2old, Jun 9, 2020.

1. AppData Temp folder filling up 326.6GB every night, help!

Screenshot of problem - https://imgur.com/a/TOd5b7K

For the last two weeks or so, every night, my appdata temp folder gets larger and larger. Overnight, a file will be created that is like 360GB (yes, GB). Its an nonsense file name like "CJAIJ23-SDFDSF-GHHVCWE-WER" just much longer. I enabled Windows storage sense and ran it, but it won't detect it. I cannot figure out why this is happening. The file doesn't attribute itself to any program or file extension. Its created at 2AM (i'm not using my computer at 2AM).

Right now, i'm stuck manually deleting this file every morning or else my C Drive fills up. Can someone please give me some suggestions?

What I've done so far to troubleshoot:
    I've updated Windows to the latest version

Enabled Storage Sense

Ran TreeSizeFile to see the offending file

Restarted

Unintalled a few newer programs (battlenet)

Checked my PiHole - around 2 am there are lots of blocked calls to delivery.mp.microsoft.com

Turned off and back on my Windows antivirus

Scanned with Malwarebytes multiple times

I've stopped windows update

submitted by /u/ifits2loudyoure2old
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ifits2loudyoure2old, Jun 9, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

AppData/Local/Temp getting filled up with many copies of same folder

Hi, I'd suggest trying to reach a point where this is NOT happening, and work back from there to diagnose the cause.

1. Check it doesn't happen in Safe Mode for reference
    2. Try a clean boot
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

Noted this is where those files are on mine:

AppData Temp folder filling up 326.6GB every night, help! [​IMG]

If that reveals nothing, then
    Sysinternals Procmon will allow you to trace all activity on your PC with extremely detailed filtering of the report.
    Thus you may be able to identify what is copying or writing those files. May.

dalchina, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    AppData/Local/Temp getting filled up with many copies of same folder

To start with, those dll files are normal Windows system files and will normally be found in Temp folder. However, in your case if they are created every minute and such a many GBs, the solution is not to move Temp to a RAM disk; instead you need to find out what is causing this.

Here some screenshots from my PC which I turned on about 70 minutes ago, just after 6 AM my time. In first 70 minutes of usage, only the highlighted temp files have been created:

In my case I have not emptied the Temp folder in over two weeks (since my last clean install), and have 120 of those DLL files in Temp, total size under 8 MB:

All those found in my Temp folder are from the day Windows 10 was installed:

I do not know what is causing your issue, the files being created every minute. However, I strongly recommend that you do not use the RAM disk workaround before we have found the culprit. Let's hope other geeks with more knowledge about the issue will jump in with ideas.

4. DaveM121 Win User

AppData Temp folder filling up 326.6GB every night, help!

Clearing the AppData folder and the temp files.

The AppData folder itself should not be touched, as the data in that folder is required by your installed applications.

However, the Temp folder inside AppData can and should be cleared regularly.

Sometimes, when clearing these files you will get an error on one or two files, that is OK, since they are currently in use by an open process . . .

DaveM121, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

AppData Temp folder filling up 326.6GB every night, help!

1. AppData Temp folder filling up 326.6GB every night, help! - Similar Threads - AppData Temp folder

2. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in appdata temp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NLTmpMnt01 Folder in appdata temp folder: Hello,So i was browsing in my temp folder and found this Folder: Picture is in belowWhen i enter this folder, it feels like in its Main C: Drive Contains:"PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, Windows" Folders.This also cant delete though.but My question is, What...
  3. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in appdata temp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NLTmpMnt01 Folder in appdata temp folder: Hello,So i was browsing in my temp folder and found this Folder: Picture is in belowWhen i enter this folder, it feels like in its Main C: Drive Contains:"PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, Windows" Folders.This also cant delete though.but My question is, What...
  4. WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up: Hi, recently I've noticed while monitoring my SSD disk usage that the WinSxS/Temp/InFlight has filled up more than normal, the other two folders in Temp are both empty. I've already tried using the Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup and regular Disk...
  5. WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up: Hi, recently I've noticed while monitoring my SSD disk usage that the WinSxS/Temp/InFlight has filled up more than normal, the other two folders in Temp are both empty. I've already tried using the Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup and regular Disk...
  6. WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up

7. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  8. %temp% folder filling up fast

%temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  9. High capacity and fast fill of AppData\Local\Temp\jnjl32fl folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High capacity and fast fill of AppData\Local\Temp\jnjl32fl folder: Hi, Recently i wound out that "USER\AppData\Local\Temp\jnjl32fl" folder get big pretty fast, and can reach 1GB data after 2 days. The folder contain Temp data of different microsoft application, especially, but not only, visual studio data. Please note that as I do...
  10. AppData/Local/Temp getting filled up with many copies of same folder

in Windows 10 Support
    AppData/Local/Temp getting filled up with many copies of same folder: I have a PC with a 250GB SSD on C: and a 1TB HD on D: For some reason, there is a single folder full of .dll files that keeps being copied into C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp. Each folder is a hexadecimal name like 6CD07CB3-1546-419F-BDE1-C603C89D104C. Each folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appdata local temp filling up

2. appdata/local/temp filling up