Windows 10: Appears security audits and or potentially DCOM errors causing all USB connected devices to...

Discus and support Appears security audits and or potentially DCOM errors causing all USB connected devices to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Heres a link to the error previously that was reported last year that was never resolved and everything I tried to do to fix it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gav101, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Gav101 Win User

Appears security audits and or potentially DCOM errors causing all USB connected devices to...

Heres a link to the error previously that was reported last year that was never resolved and everything I tried to do to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...w/bebf7c52-c749-4b57-a206-de2105203304?page=2

This is what I am getting now.

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
    and APPID
    {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}
    to the user DESKTOP-MDTKE87\Boops and Beeps SID (S-1-5-21-2810167990-935351986-3991056880-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.18362.329_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy SID (S-1-15-2-155514346-2573954481-755741238-1654018636-1233331829-3075935687-2861478708). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Well now its not just annoying its a **** disaster fire, every error is disconnecting and reconnecting everything connected to my USB ports. Has been happening for about a week.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

:)

Gav101, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Derek12 Win User

USB flash disk error.

Hi
    I have noticed that when I connect a USB disk brand ADL four repeated errors appear in Even Viewer of Windows 7. The error is
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR5.
    But the disk is fine, it have passed the ScanDisk, I have formatted it and the error appears, however it works correctly when I transfer files to and from the disk
    Many thanks

Derek12, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Appears security audits and or potentially DCOM errors causing all USB connected devices to...

Windows 10 Profssional 10 1809 osBuild 17763-134 Window Security Auditing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the model number of the device?
    2. Is your computer connected to Domain Network?

Security auditing is one of the most powerful tools that you can use to maintain the integrity of your system. As part of your overall security strategy, you should determine
    the level of auditing that is appropriate for your environment. Auditing should identify attacks (successful or not) that pose a threat to your network, and attacks against resources that you have determined to be valuable in your risk assessment.

You may refer the article Security Auditing
    and Basic security audit policy settings for
    more information.

If the computer is not on a Domain network, proceed with the below suggested steps

Start your PC in safe mode. Refer the article on how to start your
    PC in Safe mode in Windows 10
    . If the issue is fixed in Safe mode, try to check in
    clean boot.

Note: A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

You may refer the article on how
    to perform a clean boot in Windows

Refer the section How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot, if your device is working fine in clean boot.

Also refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

If the computer is on a Domain network, you can contact your IT administrator or you can post your query in

TechNet Forums

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Appears security audits and or potentially DCOM errors causing all USB connected devices to...

1. Appears security audits and or potentially DCOM errors causing all USB connected devices to... - Similar Threads - Appears security audits

2. 1108 error Microsoft Windows Security Auditing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1108 error Microsoft Windows Security Auditing: New Windows 11 install, yet getting the following error and lockdown of laptop freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1108-error-microsoft-windows-security-auditing/2a63969e-6326-4dce-bb69-ca6a0776e37d
  3. 1108 error Microsoft Windows Security Auditing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1108 error Microsoft Windows Security Auditing: New Windows 11 install, yet getting the following error and lockdown of laptop freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1108-error-microsoft-windows-security-auditing/2a63969e-6326-4dce-bb69-ca6a0776e37d
  4. DCOM error that causes pc to crash 10016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM error that causes pc to crash 10016: Hey guys,I've been getting this error that crashes my pc. Every time it crashes, it's always the same error in event viewer.Event ID: 10016The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  5. DCOM error that causes pc to crash 10016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCOM error that causes pc to crash 10016: Hey guys,I've been getting this error that crashes my pc. Every time it crashes, it's always the same error in event viewer.Event ID: 10016The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  6. DCOM error that causes pc to crash 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cumulative updates caused USB device errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cumulative updates caused USB device errors: Hi all, So day before yesterday my laptop received a couple of cumulative updates KB4560960 and KB4561600 which I installed right away. Since the installation of both the updates I have also acknowledged some major problems. NOTE: I have not received the May 2020 update as...
  8. Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue Solution ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue Solution ?: On my Windows 10 PC, while trying to log into my Gmail [Using Firefox], I got the message "Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue" with the error "MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT". I have tried to fix the error to no avail and thus ask for any tips or feedback. I...
  9. iPhone certificate causes audit security log error 5061

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone certificate causes audit security log error 5061: on all my computers i'm seeing an audit security log error 5061 it appears to be an iPhone certificate error found by "certutil -store -user my" I looked at the with certificate manger and certificates and it looks ok I don't have an iPhone but I did install iTunes. does...
  10. Could a DCOM error be causing this BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Could a DCOM error be causing this BSOD?: Hi, new here. I've gone through a long, tumultuous drama with my desktop PC and a certain blue screen. I will try my best to be brief but here's a detailed history. My specs are in the usual spot, as detailed as possible from Speccy. -Computer is now a little over a...