Windows 10: Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion --

Discus and support Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion -- in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks If you have either a Linux system or a Windows system with BASH installed on it then the job is simply done with the following script.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Aug 25, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion --

Hi folks

If you have either a Linux system or a Windows system with BASH installed on it then the job is simply done with the following script.

for f in *.m4a; do ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:a flac "${f%.m4a}.flac"; done

For Ubuntu users - (physical or VM's) you might get a message saying ffmpeg is deprecated --that's not actually true --just download the current version.

Some music apps on phones won't always play m4a files but they all will generally play FLAC - and with decent capacity micro sdhc cards and a proper set of headphones there's no reason to have horribly compressed mp3 music -- I'd recommend if you must use mp3 stick to 320 kbs or at the very least 256 kbs.

The DACS in most decent smart phones are perfectly good to give a good rendering of uncompressed music -- and decent headphones such as BOSE / Sennheiser etc even on blue tooth will be more than satisfactory.

BTW if you can still find a copy of Winamp on Android it will actually play mp4a (always assuming the smartphones hardware can handle it).

I'm still using good old winamp pro on my Windows system --still works even on Windows 10 !!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 25, 2017

2. Xpress Music Series & FLAC Support?

FLAC is the most efficient lossless format. And it's completely free!

FLAC files sound much better than any lossy files, including AAC..

I beg to differ .

But if Nokia put all the obscure formats in to a phone it would be the size of a brick .

jje

jjegan---01, Aug 25, 2017
  3. avifb Win User
    Xpress Music Series & FLAC Support?

FLAC is the most efficient lossless format. And it's completely free!

FLAC files sound much better than any lossy files, including AAC..

BTW, sony ericsson already announced an out of the box FLAC supporting phone - the Zylo.

Nokia, take music seriously, please add FLAC support via firmware update for all your music phones!

avifb, Aug 25, 2017
Thema:

Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion --

1. Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion -- - Similar Threads - Apple AAC FLAC

2. flac formats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flac formats: windows 11 media player supports which flac sample rate and bit depth formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flac-formats/b6085b9c-95fe-45c6-8ace-732e4ea9f5ce
  3. flac formats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flac formats: windows 11 media player supports which flac sample rate and bit depth formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flac-formats/b6085b9c-95fe-45c6-8ace-732e4ea9f5ce
  4. Question: Can I still rip audio CDs to Apple Lossless format in Windows 11? Sunday,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Can I still rip audio CDs to Apple Lossless format in Windows 11? Sunday,...: I definitely should wait at least another 120 days before getting a Windows 11 PC as I’ll rip at least 7,630 songs from audio CDs to Apple Lossless format to save in a Norton 360 Premium II plan with 150 GB of cloud storage so far. There should be an iTunes 13 or 12.13 by...
  5. Question: Can I still rip audio CDs to Apple Lossless format in Windows 11? Sunday,...

Question: Can I still rip audio CDs to Apple Lossless format in Windows 11? Sunday,...: I definitely should wait at least another 120 days before getting a Windows 11 PC as I’ll rip at least 7,630 songs from audio CDs to Apple Lossless format to save in a Norton 360 Premium II plan with 150 GB of cloud storage so far. There should be an iTunes 13 or 12.13 by...
  6. Question: Are the file sizes on Apple Lossless 2004 songs usually if not always more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Are the file sizes on Apple Lossless 2004 songs usually if not always more...: Having just been upgraded from Norton 360 Deluxe Plus to Norton 360 Premium II at no additional charge through Norton Support live chat, I’ve decided to put my 150 GB of Norton Cloud storage to good use by moving all my audio CD rips and software files from my personal...
  7. Question: Are the file sizes on Apple Lossless 2004 songs usually if not always more...

Question: Are the file sizes on Apple Lossless 2004 songs usually if not always more...: Having just been upgraded from Norton 360 Deluxe Plus to Norton 360 Premium II at no additional charge through Norton Support live chat, I’ve decided to put my 150 GB of Norton Cloud storage to good use by moving all my audio CD rips and software files from my personal...
  8. Flac metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flac metadata: I have some Flacs that need some metadata edited but win10 can't? Mp3s can be edited just fine but Flacs are a no-go? Edit: It also can't even read the length of the Flac submitted by /u/THEK4I [link] [comments]...
  9. Nothing like progress! .flac - .mp3 conversion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing like progress! .flac - .mp3 conversion: So on my trusty ole Win 7 machine, when I copy a bunch of music from PC to (say, Samsug phone) it Windows helpfully suggests I convert any of the tracks that happen to be .flac format into mp3. This is incredibly useful so why in the name of sweet weeping Jesus would they...
  10. Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections)

Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections): Hi there I found this SIMPLE Free video editor -- I basically just want to remove bits of MKV / MP4 rips without any loss in quality for example I'm saving some classic old TV programs from a Classic Movie Satellite channel and want to remove the breaks. Look for THIS...