Windows 10: Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion --

Discus and support Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion -- in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks If you have either a Linux system or a Windows system with BASH installed on it then the job is simply done with the following script.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Aug 25, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion --

Hi folks

If you have either a Linux system or a Windows system with BASH installed on it then the job is simply done with the following script.

for f in *.m4a; do ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:a flac "${f%.m4a}.flac"; done

For Ubuntu users - (physical or VM's) you might get a message saying ffmpeg is deprecated --that's not actually true --just download the current version.

Some music apps on phones won't always play m4a files but they all will generally play FLAC - and with decent capacity micro sdhc cards and a proper set of headphones there's no reason to have horribly compressed mp3 music -- I'd recommend if you must use mp3 stick to 320 kbs or at the very least 256 kbs.

The DACS in most decent smart phones are perfectly good to give a good rendering of uncompressed music -- and decent headphones such as BOSE / Sennheiser etc even on blue tooth will be more than satisfactory.

BTW if you can still find a copy of Winamp on Android it will actually play mp4a (always assuming the smartphones hardware can handle it).

I'm still using good old winamp pro on my Windows system --still works even on Windows 10 !!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 25, 2017

2. Xpress Music Series & FLAC Support?

FLAC is the most efficient lossless format. And it's completely free!

FLAC files sound much better than any lossy files, including AAC..

I beg to differ .

But if Nokia put all the obscure formats in to a phone it would be the size of a brick .

jje

jjegan---01, Aug 25, 2017
  3. avifb Win User
    Xpress Music Series & FLAC Support?

FLAC is the most efficient lossless format. And it's completely free!

FLAC files sound much better than any lossy files, including AAC..

BTW, sony ericsson already announced an out of the box FLAC supporting phone - the Zylo.

Nokia, take music seriously, please add FLAC support via firmware update for all your music phones!

avifb, Aug 25, 2017
Thema:

Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion --

1. Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion -- - Similar Threads - Apple AAC FLAC

2. File conversion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File conversion: Procedure for converting FAT files to NTSF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-conversion/ede6c6f9-faca-4b37-8785-86b37fb2bce8
  3. Conversion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Conversion: please convert the following java programming code to python 3 code Problem: Write an inheritance hierarchy for class Quadrilateral, Trapezoid, Parallelogram, Rectangle and Square. Use Quadrilateral as the base class of the hierarchy. Make the hierarchy as deep i.e., as...
  4. conversion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    conversion: Using a JVC video camera with a SanDisk "extreme pro" SD card That I format in the camera I end up with a "MOV" file that states "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." The camera...
  5. File conversion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File conversion: Is it possible to convert a jpeg file to one that can be amended?. e.g. Word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-conversion/59d78d68-5ea5-46e9-b040-bb5af59b8921"
  6. Free Conversion tool from RUNNING machine to vmware VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Free Conversion tool from RUNNING machine to vmware VM: Hi there Just in case some people might want to create VM's from their physical running machines this FREE tool from the main VMware Enterprise stuff can be used on Stand alone machines. Works fine as well --I've used it to create several VM's from running physical...
  7. Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections): Hi there I found this SIMPLE Free video editor -- I basically just want to remove bits of MKV / MP4 rips without any loss in quality for example I'm saving some classic old TV programs from a Classic Movie Satellite channel and want to remove the breaks. Look for THIS...
  8. Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams

Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams: Hi there any way to capture these FLAC audio HQ streams from BBC Delivering Radio 3 Concert Sound - BBC RD I'm not a fan of things like spotify etc -- I prefer my music on my own library - especially if it's the type of music that doesn't appear in those sorts of...
  9. Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program

Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program: Hi folks I've some music that I want to leave as FLAC but the rubbish phone I've got won't play FLAC @24 bits but will handle FLAC at @16 bits. Any decent programs around to convert to 16 bit. Note I'm using decent headphones so I don't want some mushy mp3 sound played...
  10. Bugs, working with flacs

in Windows 10 Support
    Bugs, working with flacs: I have written a media player in C++, I focussed it to only play mp3(s). But I got a new NAS, I thought I could spare the space for flacs. I don't like music libraries that contain a mix. So I wanted a version that played only flacs. I found the libzplay libraries, which make...