Windows 10: Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable

Discus and support Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have had a problem with my Apple Airpods 2nd gen for the past 6 months or so, my Airpods always connected fine and worked as they should, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Carl099, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Carl099 Win User

Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable

Hi,I have had a problem with my Apple Airpods 2nd gen for the past 6 months or so, my Airpods always connected fine and worked as they should, however around 6 months ago when using a program that updates all of my drivers I encountered an issue, after using this program my Airpods would not connect as they should; there are usually two sound options for Airpods, a 'Airpods hands free' option and a standard 'Airpods' option, the hands free option's audio is awful, therefore I use the other option, however i'm assuming that due to some sort of issue with the program that I used, this has create

:)

Carl099, Dec 3, 2022

2. Problem with Apple Airpods 2 sound on Windows 10

So, I recently bought apple airpods and tried connecting them to the pc. I managed to do it and the sound isn't bad. The only problem is I can't make them sound STEREO. Everything sounds the same on both airpods and it's kind of annoying. I have Windows
    10. Please let me know if you have a solution.

SantiagoGutierrez7, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Felixkh Win User
    Airpods sound settings output option

Good Day

I have a small question concerning pairing, connecting, and having the output speaker to be through the airpods

I know Apple airpods might not be compatible with windows, plus i saw the queston being asked more than once

no solution did help, tried the trouble shooting

it gets paired and connected, but nothing happens, it changes the status from connected to paired

plus what i noticed you don't even see the option in the sound settings to make the output through the airpods

the only Method, that I didn't try, is updating or installing software through the Device Manager-Bluetooth-mydevice(airpods) and to update it

cuz I'm afraid if this step is done, I might irritate or ruin the airpods software, risking losing them

DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA; IF IT'S A GOOD STEP OR AN IDEA OF SUCCESSFUL ONE ?

all best for you

F

Felixkh, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable

Airpods no longer giving option for hands-free or stereo

Hi Snoopxy. I'm Greg, 10 times awarded MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for poor Airpods sound quality in Windows:

https://medium.com/@3raxton/how-to-fix-your-air...

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/comm...

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/7nr58e/...

https://www.reddit.com/r/airpods/comments/fo2m3...

https://metimetech.com/how-to-fix-poor-sound-qu...

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-my-AirPods-have-re...

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-bad-sound-qu... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://www.freedriverupdater.com/fix-airpods-s...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable

1. Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable - Similar Threads - Apple Airpods sound

2. Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable: Hi,I have had a problem with my Apple Airpods 2nd gen for the past 6 months or so, my Airpods always connected fine and worked as they should, however around 6 months ago when using a program that updates all of my drivers I encountered an issue, after using this program my...
  3. Cannot connect Airpods with Stereo, only Hands-Free Audio

Cannot connect Airpods with Stereo, only Hands-Free Audio: Hello, I am able to connect my Apple Airpods to my desktop via my TP-Link Archer TX3000E Wifi/Bluetooth adapter. But for some reason I am only able to use the Hands-Free AG Audio source and not the Stereo source which has the much better audio quality. As shown in the picture...
  4. Cannot connect Airpods with Stereo, only Hands-Free Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect Airpods with Stereo, only Hands-Free Audio: Hello, I am able to connect my Apple Airpods to my desktop via my TP-Link Archer TX3000E Wifi/Bluetooth adapter. But for some reason I am only able to use the Hands-Free AG Audio source and not the Stereo source which has the much better audio quality. As shown in the picture...
  5. Hand's free only Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hand's free only Headphones: I have seen this question asked around, yet I haven't found a solution to my case in particular. As far as I am aware, the default stereo stopped being "connected" as of today, as because yesterday it was perfectly fine. I shut down my computer and come back today to a...
  6. Hand's free only Headphones

Hand's free only Headphones: I have seen this question asked around, yet I haven't found a solution to my case in particular. As far as I am aware, the default stereo stopped being "connected" as of today, as because yesterday it was perfectly fine. I shut down my computer and come back today to a...
  7. Airpods no longer giving option for hands-free or stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods no longer giving option for hands-free or stereo: I've been having an issue where my airpods will crackle, lag, and cut out when I am using them on my Windows 11 laptop. I noticed this correlated with them no longer giving me the option to select hands-free or stereo mode in the volume settings. Does anyone know how to fix...
  8. Airpods no longer giving option for hands-free or stereo

Airpods no longer giving option for hands-free or stereo: I've been having an issue where my airpods will crackle, lag, and cut out when I am using them on my Windows 11 laptop. I noticed this correlated with them no longer giving me the option to select hands-free or stereo mode in the volume settings. Does anyone know how to fix...
  9. Airpods no longer giving option for hands-free or stereo

10. Airpods Pro Is Connected but There Is No Option of Hands-Free Mode

Airpods Pro Is Connected but There Is No Option of Hands-Free Mode: Hi,I found the microphone of my AirPods Pro doesn't work with Discord a few days ago. To fix it, I tried to remove the device and reconnect it. However, the option of Hands-Free AG Audio of AirPods in the sound setting disappeared, and there is no "Headset" option in the...