Windows 10: Apple earbuds don't work after Windows 10 installation

Discus and support Apple earbuds don't work after Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So before I installed Windows 10, my apple earbuds worked fine in Windows 7. Now, whenever I plug them in to the laptop jack in the front, it'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Codycrumb20, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Apple earbuds don't work after Windows 10 installation

So before I installed Windows 10, my apple earbuds worked fine in Windows 7.

Now, whenever I plug them in to the laptop jack in the front, it'll say that I've plugged it in. When I go to the sound manager, the headphones don't even show up.

I've played music while having the earbuds in, and it shows the music as playing on the speakers (as I said before, the headphones didn't show up in sound manager). But the speakers played no music.

I would appreciate greatly if someone helped me out. I have Realtek installed on my computer.
    If you need any other information, or need screenshots, let me know! I'd be happy to help.

:)

Codycrumb20, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 Bootcamp Installation: Mic isn't appearing

I have a Mac Mini with two audio jacks, one I use for headphones. I use apple earbuds, and they've always worked as a mic for Skype calls. Recently, I've installed Windows 10 on my Mac using Boot-camp, and the mic in my earbuds isn't working. The audio works
    fine, but the mic does not register. After some troubleshooting, I found the "recording devices" tab in Device Manager, and I found that my earbuds do not even appear on the list. It says Line-In (not connected) and Digital Audio. I've seen a lot of help suggesting
    to update the drivers, but how can I update the drivers if the earbuds don't even appear? Is it a hardware issue? Thanks!

UPDATE: I also tried plugging a USB Blue Snowball mic in--same problem.

WillVan de Walle, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Headphones not Working, Windows Phone 10

I installed the Windows 10 Preview on my Lumia 640 and my earbuds don't seem to work anymore. When I plug them in the sound keeps coming from the speaker. They're those newer Apple ones and if it helps, my HyperX headset doesn't work either (although
    it didn't with Windows 8.1).

Legoguy3632, Aug 2, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Apple earbuds don't work after Windows 10 installation

The volume control always says "Speakers", because speakers and headphones are essentially the same thing. The computer can't differentiate from the two. When plug in something, does Realtek pop up asking what kind of device it is (e.g. speakers, headphones, etc.)? Be sure to select Headphones when plug in r earbuds.

5. See that's the thing, it just says they got plugged in. It doesn't give me the option to select what they are.

Codycrumb20, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Dmofo Win User
    Greetings, I've been using Win10 since the first TP release and have gone thru all of the builds to now ... the final release.
    I have noticed since the second to last build release, that when I switch from desktop speaker to headphones, it does not seamlessly work as it should. The work around is: right click on the sound icon in your system tray and use the troubleshooter. Select, either speaker or headphones, depending on which device you want to use, within the troubleshooter and then apply use this fix. This works for me, until a long lasting solution comes around. It's a pain, but, it's a work around. Hope this help you.

Dmofo, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Dmofo Win User
    Greetings, I've been using Win10 since the first TP release and have gone thru all of the builds to now ... the final release.
    I have noticed since the second to last build release, that when I switch from desktop speaker to headphones, it does not seamlessly work as it should. The work around is: right click on the sound icon in your system tray and use the troubleshooter. Select, either speaker or headphones, depending on which device you want to use, within the troubleshooter and then apply use this fix. This works for me, until a long lasting solution comes around. It's a pain, but, it's a work around. Hope this help you.

Dmofo, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Apple earbuds don't work after Windows 10 installation

I did that, it said troubleshooter couldn't identify the problem

Codycrumb20, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Dmofo Win User
    Unfortunate. This worked for me. I have no other suggestion at this time.

Dmofo, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Dmofo Win User
    OK. Good luck. Sorry I could not offer you a solution.

Dmofo, Aug 2, 2015
  11. VBS
    VBs Win User
    Is it just apple earbuds or any headphones in general that doesn't work? Can you test with any other headphones or speakers?
    Is it USB or standard 3.5 audio jack device?

12. YOU
    You Win User
    If click the arrow pointing up in r tray next to the time, there should be a reddish-brownish speaker icon. Please double click it, and when it opens, there should be a diagram of the audio jacks on r computer on the right. Double-click the green one that r earbuds are connected to and it should give the option to choose what kind of device it is. If want it to ask what 've plugged in every time plug in an audio device, click the folder icon above the audio jack diagrams.

13. YOU
    You Win User

Apple earbuds don't work after Windows 10 installation [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Apple earbuds don't work after Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - Apple earbuds don't

2. Earbuds are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earbuds are not working: My earbuds are working perfectly fine for other devices but not for my laptop windows 11They're connected and i can even control play or pause from it but when its on play, no sound comes out....
  3. Earbuds are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earbuds are not working: My earbuds are working perfectly fine for other devices but not for my laptop windows 11They're connected and i can even control play or pause from it but when its on play, no sound comes out....
  4. Earbuds not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earbuds not working: There was a problem with my wireless earbuds, so I tried uninstalling the audio driver and restarting my computer to reinstall it, but now they don't work at all. I checked, and the audio driver is in fact reinstalled. Even when they're connected to Bluetooth, the sound...
  5. Earbuds not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earbuds not working: There was a problem with my wireless earbuds, so I tried uninstalling the audio driver and restarting my computer to reinstall it, but now they don't work at all. Even when they're connected to Bluetooth, the sound doesn't come from in the earbuds. Is there any way to fix...
  6. Apple Earbuds/earphone

Apple Earbuds/earphone: On my old computer I always plug my earbuds on microphone jack to use the mic. it works fine. Now I got my new computer and try to do the same because my headset built-in mic input quality is terrible so I want to use my earphone mic. It couldn't pick up any audio. I thought...
  7. My Bluetooth earbuds don't work well with my Windows 10 Laptop

My Bluetooth earbuds don't work well with my Windows 10 Laptop: I have a pair of bluetooth earbuds Oneplus Buds Z that I bought 2 months ago. They work amazingly well with my phone but not so much with my windows 10 laptop. After connecting them to my laptop, they work fine for a few seconds, and then the sound stops completely, only...
  8. Bluetooth earbuds don't work with windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth earbuds don't work with windows 10: I managed to pair bluetooth earbuds with my windows laptop but when I play any audio, the output is from the laptop speakers itself. The earbuds don't show up under output devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated submitted by /u/scrxptxdblxdx [link] [comments]...
  9. Earbuds don't work

Earbuds don't work: When I plug in earbuds music continues on computer speakers. How do I switch over? I do get a popup asking what type of headphones I'm using when I connect earbuds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earbuds-dont-work/18fc2cba-9b60-446f-a95a-974a10e3468b
  10. Earbuds on working

Earbuds on working: I just system resetted my computer and when i plugged in my apple earbuds in, a GUI popped up asked me for the sound settings. I clicked the "Mic In" settings and clicked "Do not show again" and now my earbuds aren't detected, what should i do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apple earbuds windows installation