Windows 10: Apple iOS Mail vs. MS Outlook vs. Search?

Discus and support Apple iOS Mail vs. MS Outlook vs. Search? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Apple's search can't be this bad???? My following problem has been consistent from iPhone 6 through XR. I periodically request an email from our... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by markg2, Mar 1, 2019.

1. markg2 Win User

Apple iOS Mail vs. MS Outlook vs. Search?

Apple's search can't be this bad????

My following problem has been consistent from iPhone 6 through XR.

I periodically request an email from our library system that lists a brief of each book in my reading history. I use the list to confirm I haven't read a book before checking one out if I'm not sure I’d read it already.

I can use desktop MS Outlook’s email form search function with a keyword—no problem.

However, if on the phone, I go to the mail (Apple's mail client) directory containing the library email, flick down to expose the search box, regardless of what keyword I enter the search has literally never returned a result.

To my knowledge there is no way to search within an opened email.

The library email is the only email residing in: \Inbox\Filed\Library.

I’m not getting any responses on Apple’s forum.

:)

markg2, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Mar 1, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    Backing Up Outlook?

Had same experience but mine is from Outlook express to MS Outlook, I also lost the organization/folder of my mail and contacts. I redo every arrangement as my solution.

jaydeee, Mar 1, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Apple iOS Mail vs. MS Outlook vs. Search? - Similar Threads - Apple iOS Mail

2. Apple iOS Mail vs. MS Outlook vs. Search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple iOS Mail vs. MS Outlook vs. Search?: Apple's search can't be this bad???? My following problem has been consistent from iPhone 6 through XR. I periodically request an email from our library system that lists a brief of each book in my reading history. I use the list to confirm I haven't read a book before...
  3. MS Window 10 Home vs. MS Links 2003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Window 10 Home vs. MS Links 2003: Hi folks, I have decided to play some golf on my PC and pulled out my old copy of Links 2003. After installation, on launch it gave me the this error message: "Please insert the Links 2003 CD #1 in your CD-ROM drive." Then it showed another message: "Links 2003 cannot...
  4. MS Office vs Libre Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office vs Libre Office: Does anyone know if these two will play nice together on the same computer? Any conflicts? Can Libre be removed without affecting/damaging MS Office? 111634
  5. Shadowprotect VS Macrium VS Terabyte

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Shadowprotect VS Macrium VS Terabyte: help me to decide wich one should i buy ?? i never use shadowprotect , but some forum tell me its better than macrium, but its more expensive for backup program.. just litlle curious, i ever use terabyte, but backup file size larger than reflect,, Reflect Shadowprotect...
  6. Opening MS Office with search bar vs. start menu icon tiles

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Opening MS Office with search bar vs. start menu icon tiles: I purchased an older version of MS Office 2010 that had MS Access online, downloaded and installed it. Everything is working perfectly. There is one issue that is driving me nuts though: If I go to the start menu and choose the MS Word 2010 app from there, it opens fine;...
  7. Windows 10 VS moving over to Apple OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 VS moving over to Apple OS: I have been a loyal windows user for years starting with my very first PC running windows millennium. Along the way one of the things I learned was that in order to keep things running smoothly, I needed to pickup windows problem solving skills along with using a programs...
  8. Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?: Are these 3 versions essentially identical out of the box, except for the way Windows Update works? 18153
  9. KB3093266 vs. Search

in Windows 10 Support
    KB3093266 vs. Search: Update was successfully installed on two computers yesterday, but one of them has a serious error with Search. Earlier today, when I found that Search was again not working, which was the case until the previous Windows update as I recall, I restarted the computer; this was...
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook for ios vs apple mail