Windows 10: Apple keyboard quit working

Discus and support Apple keyboard quit working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Out of nowhere my Apple keyboard (A1243) stopped working on Windows 10 - 64bit Home. I tried the keyboard on an old iMac & it works just fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GARoss, Feb 26, 2018.

1. GARoss Win User

Apple keyboard quit working

Out of nowhere my Apple keyboard (A1243) stopped working on Windows 10 - 64bit Home. I tried the keyboard on an old iMac & it works just fine.

Device manage recognizes the keyboard & located a driver but gave it a Code 1, "The driver isn't configured properly" error. We had an older Apple keyboard (A1048) to try but it has the same issue on Win !0 but is okay on the iMac. Why would the driver quit like this?

Any ideas how to fix?

:)

GARoss, Feb 26, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

laptop keyboard quit working

manufacturer support

BulldogXX, Feb 26, 2018
  3. Keyboard and mouse quit working

Exact same issue, I have a Dell Inspiron desk top that came with Windows 7, my only problem after upgrading I can't even select F2 or F12 upon boot. The splash screen continues straight to Windows 10
    desktop. I've even pulled the power hoping to access recovery, when it does, I still can't select an option because the usb keyboard and mouse are not operable.

Any other suggestions?

~Thanks-n-advance

KipSpencer, Feb 26, 2018
  4. GARoss Win User

I had called Microsoft helpline & they had me uninstall a recent MS update, KB4074588. But, that update was installed 10 days before my keyboard issue. I had some errands to run so I shut down Windows.

When I booted Windows the PC when through a series of updates. When it got to the desktop the keyboard was working. I'm not sure what happen but it working now. I checked Windows updates & the PC had re-installed KB4074588. Odd but is good now!

GARoss, Feb 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Apple keyboard quit working - Similar Threads - Apple keyboard quit

2. Dongle quit working for Sculpt Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dongle quit working for Sculpt Keyboard: Sculpt keyboard and mouse dongle will not connect them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dongle-quit-working-for-sculpt-keyboard/43563011-300a-4178-bc4c-7d38f7817108
  3. Dongle quit working for Sculpt Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dongle quit working for Sculpt Keyboard: Sculpt keyboard and mouse dongle will not connect them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dongle-quit-working-for-sculpt-keyboard/43563011-300a-4178-bc4c-7d38f7817108
  4. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard quit working after updates: I have an HP model 2000-2D49WM that came with windows 8. when I updated to 10, the keyboard stopped working. I have tried every possible solution I could find online.. Nothing has fixed it. I did discover that if I right click the start button then left click...
  5. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard quit working after updates: I have an HP model 2000-2D49WM that came with windows 8. when I updated to 10, the keyboard stopped working. I have tried every possible solution I could find online.. Nothing has fixed it. I did discover that if I right click the start button then left click...
  6. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. keyboard quit working on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard quit working on laptop: Hi my laptop updated itself and afterwords the built keyboard has keys that wont work plus any external keyboard i plug in doesn't work at all. A mouse is the only usb device I can get to work...
  8. keyboard and touch pad quit working

keyboard and touch pad quit working: I have an HP laptop and cannot use my laptop keyboard or touchpad. I have an external keyboard and mouse that I am currently using to type this. I did an HP diagnostics and spoke to an agent. they say it is a microsoft 10 problem. How do I fix this?...
  9. Apple keyboard

Apple keyboard: I'm looking for a new keyboard to be used for some gaming (not too much) and I immediately though of an RGB one because the gaming typically happens at - you guessed it - at night. Now, I know that an RGB gaming keyboard can also be non-mechanical (a membrane one), but I'd...
  10. laptop keyboard quits working

laptop keyboard quits working: What would be corrupting my user profile every day? I have to do system restore every day to get my keyboard working again. The keyboard failure occurs only in this one user account....