Windows 10: Apple keyboard

Discus and support Apple keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm looking for a new keyboard to be used for some gaming (not too much) and I immediately though of an RGB one because the gaming typically happens at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MMMonzaSoxedo, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Apple keyboard

I'm looking for a new keyboard to be used for some gaming (not too much) and I immediately though of an RGB one because the gaming typically happens at - you guessed it - at night.

Now, I know that an RGB gaming keyboard can also be non-mechanical (a membrane one), but I'd like to have a go with a mechanical one.

So I look into youtube to check out the nice Red, Brown and Blue (clicky clicky) types, and you can see the question coming from a mile away ...

... what type should I use ?

So, I have been a user of membrane keyboards for what, let's say 30 years. I may have used some old IBM-like keyboards left and right, but I'm used with the membrane ones. And, I like them.

What I did notice is that for years now I'm using an Apple keyboard, and I like those more than others. But, I never really thought why that is. But for those that don't know: they are actually quite like regular PC ones, be it that the keys are pretty "flat" so to speak.
    There must be not a lot of travel, and - thinking in mechanical keyboard context - they just bottom out very quickly ... but, they do have this resistance somewhere down or halfway their - short - travel distance.

So I would like to repeat the question: which Cherry type looks most like that ?

Also note : my Apple keyboard is pretty silent, so the Blue Cherry can be removed from the list Apple keyboard :)
    I ONLY need to know the Cherry type, I'm buying a keyboard with Cherry buttons, like a Corsair

:)

MMMonzaSoxedo, Aug 31, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Compatibility of Apple keyboard and Mouse

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer te below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes?

As the keyboard and mouse both are not working, I can not suggest you with troubleshooting steps which will require the input devices.

You may try contacting the Apple support as they provide the drivers for devices.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 31, 2020
  4. Apple keyboard

Windows 10 Apple keyboard

Hi,

Having an outdated driver is the most common reason why a peripheral device that is connected to your computer stops working. For us to properly diagnose why your Apple keyboard will no longer connect to your Windows 10 computer, allow us to ask the following
    information:

• How are you trying to connect the keyboard to your computer?
    • What type of keyboard are you using? Is it a wired or a wireless type?
    • Have you tried updating your keyboard's driver?

If the keyboard is detected on your computer, try updating its drivers. Follow the steps provided in

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Apple keyboard

1. Apple keyboard - Similar Threads - Apple keyboard

2. Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and...: I need your help! When I enter zero, the Microsoft Office Word doc opens, and on zero, it closes. When I type, a random bracket shows. The arrows enter //=How can I go about this? And just some random things show upI'm using an Apple keyboard. ASUS Zenbook and Microsoft. Many...
  3. Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and...: I need your help! When I enter zero, the Microsoft Office Word doc opens, and on zero, it closes. When I type, a random bracket shows. The arrows enter //=How can I go about this? And just some random things show upI'm using an Apple keyboard. ASUS Zenbook and Microsoft. Many...
  4. My apple mouse, trackpad or keyboard is not working on Windows 7

My apple mouse, trackpad or keyboard is not working on Windows 7: Hello. I have a MacBook Pro late 2011 and I installed Windows 7 on it and used the boot camp partition to access Windows and one day I found out the trackpad, keyboard and mouse click left or right suddenly stopped working in Windows 7. When I press anything on the keyboard...
  5. My apple mouse, trackpad or keyboard is not working on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My apple mouse, trackpad or keyboard is not working on Windows 7: Hello. I have a MacBook Pro late 2011 and I installed Windows 7 on it and used the boot camp partition to access Windows and one day I found out the trackpad, keyboard and mouse click left or right suddenly stopped working in Windows 7. When I press anything on the keyboard...
  6. How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?: I have installed windows 10 on my macbook air and the @ and " along withs are not mapped properly how do i correct this as t is very frustrating having to remender the differences all the time. Can anyone help me with this ?Thanks...
  7. How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?

How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?: I have installed windows 10 on my macbook air and the @ and " along withs are not mapped properly how do i correct this as t is very frustrating having to remender the differences all the time. Can anyone help me with this ?Thanks...
  8. How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. About Using Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 Notebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    About Using Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 Notebook: Greetings guys, I am using an Acer notebook and I plan to buy an Apple keyboard (wired, model no. MB110LL/A) or the newest Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad. Because I like the scissor switch and white keycap design, also it is 104 keys without Fn key....
  10. About Using Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 Notebook

in Windows 10 Support
    About Using Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 Notebook: Greetings guys, I am using an Acer notebook and I plan to buy an Apple keyboard (wired, model no. MB110LL/A) or the newest Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad. Because I like the scissor switch and white keycap design, also it is 104 keys without Fn key....