Windows 10: Apple keyboard

Discus and support Apple keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm looking for a new keyboard to be used for some gaming (not too much) and I immediately though of an RGB one because the gaming typically happens at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MMMonzaSoxedo, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Apple keyboard

I'm looking for a new keyboard to be used for some gaming (not too much) and I immediately though of an RGB one because the gaming typically happens at - you guessed it - at night.

Now, I know that an RGB gaming keyboard can also be non-mechanical (a membrane one), but I'd like to have a go with a mechanical one.

So I look into youtube to check out the nice Red, Brown and Blue (clicky clicky) types, and you can see the question coming from a mile away ...

... what type should I use ?

So, I have been a user of membrane keyboards for what, let's say 30 years. I may have used some old IBM-like keyboards left and right, but I'm used with the membrane ones. And, I like them.

What I did notice is that for years now I'm using an Apple keyboard, and I like those more than others. But, I never really thought why that is. But for those that don't know: they are actually quite like regular PC ones, be it that the keys are pretty "flat" so to speak.
    There must be not a lot of travel, and - thinking in mechanical keyboard context - they just bottom out very quickly ... but, they do have this resistance somewhere down or halfway their - short - travel distance.

So I would like to repeat the question: which Cherry type looks most like that ?

Also note : my Apple keyboard is pretty silent, so the Blue Cherry can be removed from the list Apple keyboard :)
    I ONLY need to know the Cherry type, I'm buying a keyboard with Cherry buttons, like a Corsair

:)

MMMonzaSoxedo, Aug 31, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Compatibility of Apple keyboard and Mouse

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer te below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes?

As the keyboard and mouse both are not working, I can not suggest you with troubleshooting steps which will require the input devices.

You may try contacting the Apple support as they provide the drivers for devices.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 31, 2020
  4. Apple keyboard

Windows 10 Apple keyboard

Hi,

Having an outdated driver is the most common reason why a peripheral device that is connected to your computer stops working. For us to properly diagnose why your Apple keyboard will no longer connect to your Windows 10 computer, allow us to ask the following
    information:

• How are you trying to connect the keyboard to your computer?
    • What type of keyboard are you using? Is it a wired or a wireless type?
    • Have you tried updating your keyboard's driver?

If the keyboard is detected on your computer, try updating its drivers. Follow the steps provided in

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Apple keyboard

1. Apple keyboard - Similar Threads - Apple keyboard

2. About Using Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 Notebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    About Using Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 Notebook: Greetings guys, I am using an Acer notebook and I plan to buy an Apple keyboard (wired, model no. MB110LL/A) or the newest Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad. Because I like the scissor switch and white keycap design, also it is 104 keys without Fn key....
  3. About Using Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 Notebook

in Windows 10 Support
    About Using Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 Notebook: Greetings guys, I am using an Acer notebook and I plan to buy an Apple keyboard (wired, model no. MB110LL/A) or the newest Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad. Because I like the scissor switch and white keycap design, also it is 104 keys without Fn key....
  4. Number keys on apple keyboard not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number keys on apple keyboard not working on windows 10: I'm currently using an apple keyboard on a windows 10 pc and the numbers are not working, also certain keys like ctrl aren't working either. The numbers on the keypad is working fine, but not the numbers on the top row. submitted by /u/qwerty67843 [link] [comments]...
  5. pairing Apple wireless keyboard with bluetooth to my surfacePro is no longer working

pairing Apple wireless keyboard with bluetooth to my surfacePro is no longer working: Hi, I used to connect my keyboard easily, and the laptop would ask me for a series of random nrs to type with the keyboard to pair them. But today it asks me for a PIN - and I don't know it. I tried 0000 and 1111 and 1234 - no success. How can I pair them please? It is an...
  6. Apple magic keyboard on Windows 10 laptop

Apple magic keyboard on Windows 10 laptop: Hey all, connected my Apple magic keyboard to razer laptop and most of the characters are working fine on the new keyboard. However, the function keys i.e. brightness levels, volume etc. Don't seem to work, and can't figure out why they aren't.. have tried downloading and...
  7. Microsoft Keyboard 850 with Apple MacBook Pro and Win10 Parallels

Microsoft Keyboard 850 with Apple MacBook Pro and Win10 Parallels: I use Windows 10 on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Parallels. When I use Office 365 applications, I'd like to use a Windows keyboard. I own a Microsoft Keyboard 850, which comes with a dongle that plugs into a USB port. My laptop has Bluetooth, and I use an Apple wireless keyboard....
  8. Delete key / Apple Keyboard

Delete key / Apple Keyboard: I have an older Apple bluetooth keyboard (this one: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Wireless-Keyboard-Bluetooth-Refurbished/dp/B0146YF1FO) that I am using with a Win10 laptop. Is there a key combination to get delete key functionality? main thing I want to do is easily delete...
  9. Trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop app on Apple IPad Pro with Magic Keyboard

Trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop app on Apple IPad Pro with Magic Keyboard: My desktop Apple computer was knocked to the ground and smashed. Had been using it to work from home, via Microsoft Remote Desktop. Rather than another desktop, I purchased the Apple Ipad Pro with the Magic Keyboard. I tried using MRD on it today and ran into some issues....
  10. using apple magic keyboard with lenovo windows 10 pc

using apple magic keyboard with lenovo windows 10 pc: I'm using a bluetooth apple keyboard with windows pc. all the keys are working fine except the function row keys which include volume rockers and play/pause etc. For example, when i click the volume up key on the apple magic keyboard on chrome, it opens up the HTML editor....