Windows 10: Apple M1 runs Windows nearly 2 times faster than Microsoft’s hardware

Discus and support Apple M1 runs Windows nearly 2 times faster than Microsoft’s hardware in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; According to the latest benchmarks, Apple M1 is capable of running ‘Windows 10 on ARM’ nearly two times faster than Microsoft’s own hardware. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 5, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Apple M1 runs Windows nearly 2 times faster than Microsoft’s hardware

According to the latest benchmarks, Apple M1 is capable of running ‘Windows 10 on ARM’ nearly two times faster than Microsoft’s own hardware. The updated benchmark shows that Windows 10 on Apple M1 is way faster than the Surface Pro X, which runs the OS natively and comes equipped with Snapdragon 8cx-based processor.

M1 processor was announced in June and it is based on ARM hardware. Apple has designed the SoC from the ground up with both performance and battery backup in mind, and it runs macOS by default.

Microsoft has also developed Windows 10 for ARM-powered devices and the OS should technically be able to run on Apple too, but it’s completely it’s up to Microsoft to make this a reality.

As we reported last week, developers have managed to run Windows 10 on ARM on Apple M1. Now, there’s a new version of the launcher that uses open-source virtualization technology to run Windows 10 on Apple hardware and the results are way better than expected.

On Geekbench, Apple M1 Mac benchmarked more than 2,000 points higher than the Surface Pro X in multi-score tests.

Apple Mac mini with Windows 10 ARM got nearly 5,450 points on Geekbench, while the Surface Pro X was lagging behind at 3,113 points.

Apple M1 runs Windows nearly 2 times faster than Microsoft’s hardware ARM-benchmark.jpg

Microsoft currently doesn’t allow its ARM version of Windows 10 to be used by Apple and the developers have produced the benchmarks by running the operating system via virtualization.

The chip appears to be capable of providing insane power with proper optimization to Windows 10, which could happen next year when native support for the OS lands.

Qualcomm has also responded to the reports and promised that future Snapdragon generations will be better.

The chipmaker said that it’s working on devices “that are going to be competitive in the market” with performance upgrade every year.

The post Apple M1 runs Windows nearly 2 times faster than Microsoft’s hardware appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 5, 2020

2. Microsoft to take on Apple with own Windows 8 tablet?

i found something that interesting
    from here
    Microsoft will announce its own tablet next week at an event in Los Angeles, according to reports, taking a page from Apple's playbook.
    If true, this is not the typical Microsoft business model; usually it leaves device announcements to device makers. The PC industry is the classic example of this.
    And, so far, that has been the case for Windows 8 and Windows RT tablets. Companies like Acer and Asus demonstrated Windows 8 tablets and hybrids at Computex last week, for instance.
    But a report at The Wrap and another at AllThingsD say Microsoft has other plans.
    Microsoft reportedly concluded that it must have its own tablet and is involved in the hardware design too. The Wrap reported it is a "Microsoft-manufactured tablet," that would "put the company in direct competition with giant rival Apple."

Apple M1 runs Windows nearly 2 times faster than Microsoft’s hardware [​IMG]

Indeed, if true, it would. Apple designs both the software and hardware and therefore is able to achieve a level of quality control over a product that often eludes Microsoft and its hardware partners.
    A Microsoft tablet has the potential to rankle Windows device makers, too. Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba, Nokia and a long list of other PC makers are working on scores of Window 8 and Windows RT tablets and hybrids. Many are likely to debut when Microsoft release Windows 8 later this year.

micropage7, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Keith Lim Win User
    Keith Lim, Dec 5, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Announces Windows Vista Hardware Requirements

Microsoft today announced the official Windows Vista hardware requirements. If you want to run Windows Vista you'll need at least: 800MHz CPU , 512 MB of system memory, a graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable, and 15 GB HDD free space. If you plan to use the Windows Aero user interface you'll have to own at least:
    • 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
    • 1 GB of system memory.
    • A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero.
    • 128 MB of graphics memory.
    • 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
    • DVD-ROM Drive.
    • Audio output capability.
    • Internet access capability.
    Source: Microsoft

malware, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Apple M1 runs Windows nearly 2 times faster than Microsoft’s hardware - Similar Threads - Apple runs nearly

2. How to Download Windows 10 for Apple M1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Download Windows 10 for Apple M1: Hi,I am trying to find the windows 10 for ARM insider, I am unable to find any link to download windows 10 for Apple M1 processor. Anyone could provide me any link from where I can download ?RegardsNaeem Abbas...
  3. How to Download Windows 10 for Apple M1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Download Windows 10 for Apple M1: Hi,I am trying to find the windows 10 for ARM insider, I am unable to find any link to download windows 10 for Apple M1 processor. Anyone could provide me any link from where I can download ?RegardsNaeem Abbas...
  4. How to Download Windows 10 for Apple M1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows on Apple Mac M1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows on Apple Mac M1: Has MS produced a version of Windows 10 that will be compatible with Apple's M1 processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-on-apple-mac-m1/2b2ea88c-15fa-4f08-82b5-12d735631123
  6. Windows 10 pro for Parallel-in Apple M1 Mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro for Parallel-in Apple M1 Mac: Is the Windows 10 pro already officially available for Parallel in Apple M1 or still evaluation copy?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-for-parallel-in-apple-m1-mac/b35e56e2-42b4-49b3-8014-ee44c4b854ad
  7. Developer shows off Windows 10X running on Lumia, Apple M1, Surface Go

in Windows 10 News
    Developer shows off Windows 10X running on Lumia, Apple M1, Surface Go: Earlier this month, Windows 10X unreleased build leaked online, giving the public first glimpse at the upcoming operating system with new Start Menu and Action Center. It only took a few days for developers to get it running on a Lumia phone, Surface Go (Intel Core m3), and...
  8. Apple M1 runs Windows on ARM faster than the Surface Pro X

in Windows 10 News
    Apple M1 runs Windows on ARM faster than the Surface Pro X: Based on the new benchmarks, we can confidently say that Apple M1 processor is impressive and it currently runs Windows 10 faster than the processor that ships with Microsoft’s Surface Pro X lineup. Apple’s ARM-based M1 processor is currently available in the MacBook and Mac...
  9. My clock runs faster than the actual time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My clock runs faster than the actual time: It isn't a lot faster but every week or so it is about a minute ahead and I have to reset it. How do I make it so that it checks for the correct time on startup? I am running on v1803. submitted by /u/mothh9 [link] [comments]...
  10. Update : My Computer is running faster than ever :)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update : My Computer is running faster than ever :): I posted a question last night about Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-and-sysmain-are/d5e810b5-6fb8-4bf3-9c33-8dfbd9c308cb I finally managed to solve the problem. I found...