Windows 10: Apple Magic Keyboard Functionality on Windows 10 (Surface Pro 4)

Discus and support Apple Magic Keyboard Functionality on Windows 10 (Surface Pro 4) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a Surface Pro 4. I recently was gifted an Apple magic keyboard for my iPad, but was messing around with it and found out it can work with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FuchEric, Dec 16, 2018.

1. FuchEric Win User

Apple Magic Keyboard Functionality on Windows 10 (Surface Pro 4)

I am using a Surface Pro 4. I recently was gifted an Apple magic keyboard for my iPad, but was messing around with it and found out it can work with my Surface as well. However, the shortcut keys like Volume, Play/Pause, and Next/Prev do not work.

Is there a way to download/upgrade any software in order to get these keys to function with the Surface Pro 4?

:)

FuchEric, Dec 16, 2018

2. Fingerprint reader missing from log-in screen on Surface Pro 4

Hi Van,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about fingerprint reader on the your device, do le us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the device(Hardware/ Software) prior to this issue?
    • Have you connected any other external devices to your Surface Pro 4?
    • Are you using PIN on the logon screen to log-in to your device?

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by
    RobertBrindle on November 10, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Surface Pro 3 with Surface Pro 4 Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Dec 16, 2018
  4. dencal Win User

dencal, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Apple Magic Keyboard Functionality on Windows 10 (Surface Pro 4) - Similar Threads - Apple Magic Keyboard

2. Apple magic keyboard on Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apple magic keyboard on Windows 10 laptop: Hey all, connected my Apple magic keyboard to razer laptop and most of the characters are working fine on the new keyboard. However, the function keys i.e. brightness levels, volume etc. Don't seem to work, and can't figure out why they aren't.. have tried downloading and...
  3. Surface Pro 4 keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 keyboard and mouse: Because my keyboard touch pad was not responding I purchased a bluetooth mouse. When the mouse is connected my sound quits working. When I turn off the bluetooth to unpair the mouse the sound comes back. I made sure there were no updates that I needed to install. Can anyone...
  4. using apple magic keyboard with lenovo windows 10 pc

using apple magic keyboard with lenovo windows 10 pc: I'm using a bluetooth apple keyboard with windows pc. all the keys are working fine except the function row keys which include volume rockers and play/pause etc. For example, when i click the volume up key on the apple magic keyboard on chrome, it opens up the HTML editor....
  5. Has anyone managed to port Apple Keyboard Layout to windows 10 for apple magic keyboard?

Has anyone managed to port Apple Keyboard Layout to windows 10 for apple magic keyboard?: Has anyone managed to port Apple Keyboard Layout to windows 10 for apple magic keyboard? submitted by /u/exilen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hurx1v/has_anyone_managed_to_port_apple_keyboard_layout/
  6. Apple Magic keyboard in Windows 10

Apple Magic keyboard in Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on Mac Pro 2019 with a magic keyboard. In Windows I consistently get @ when I type ", and " when I type @. How do I resolve this, please?...
  7. How to properly connect Apple Magic Keyboard to Windows 10?

How to properly connect Apple Magic Keyboard to Windows 10?: I am running bootcamp on my Mac. Recently, there's been an issue, where my Magic Keyboard does not work for windows, but fully and properly works in the Mac OS partition. The keyboard does not get connected through bluetooth. Trying to pair takes forever. The only choice,...
  8. Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro

Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro: I cannot get my keyboard to connect anymore to my surface pro 4. I re-set to default but this didn't help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-keyboard-to-surface-4-pro/b51b8035-a4b2-4f33-9640-17bf07822dc9
  9. Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction

Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction: My Surface Pro Keyboard Cover is behaving badly. When I boot the computer, it randomly sends strings of characters to the computer. Usually it does this at the login screen, producing an incorrect password before I can even input the correct one. I have been able to log in...
  10. Connecting bluetooth Apple magic Keyboard in Windows 10

Connecting bluetooth Apple magic Keyboard in Windows 10: Hi, I have a dual boot pc running macOS and Win 10. The Magic Mouse connects readily and easily but keyboard will not. Have tried switching kb on and off but still does not connect unless I use the lead which defeats the purpose of having Bluetooth devices! Anyone any...