Windows 10: Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install

Discus and support Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to set up my new iPhone. My current phone is an iPhone 7, my new phone is and iPhone XS. My iTunes recognises my iPhone XS but not my iPhone 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BeigeToast x, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install

Trying to set up my new iPhone. My current phone is an iPhone 7, my new phone is and iPhone XS. My iTunes recognises my iPhone XS but not my iPhone 7. As I wish to back up my iPhone 7 and restore it to my XS. I have reinstalled iTunes on Windows 64 bit due to issues on the Windows 10 Microsoft 10 app. When I connect my iPhone 7 there is a connection sound and it comes up as hardware automatically in Windows but not in iTunes. When I connect my XS there are no issues and I can see it in iTunes. I try to go into device manager and update driver software: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers but it just comes up with :

'The best drivers for your device are already installed, Windows has detected that the best driver for this device is already installed. There may be better drivers on windows update or on the device manufacturer's website.

MTP USB Device.

Any ideas?

:)

BeigeToast x, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Time Lady Win User

Apple devices not detected

If you haven't already try another cable &/or a different USB port.

If this isn't the solution try this.

Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver Software.

• Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
    • Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
    • Click the Have Disk button. Note: If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed,
      and then click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.
    • Click the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
    • Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
      instead).
    • Click Open in the Have Disk window. Then, click Next and then Click Finish. Windows will install
      the driver.

Time Lady, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Dave_129 Win User
    Apple Mobile Device Support won't install.

After the 12.2.2 iTunes update, my phone was no longer recognized when connected. I discovered that the Apple mobile device support component wasn't installing, and, as a result, the apple mobile device usb driver is no longer being loaded when the phone
    is connected to the computer. In running the compatiblity checker, I received the message that AppleMobileDeviceSupport6464.msi is an incompatible program for Windows 10. I talked with Apple support at length, and they are saying it is a Windows issue. Is
    anyone aware of any solutions or planned fixes to this by Microsoft?

Dave_129, Nov 15, 2018
  4. IrisMcCoy Win User

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install

No drivers for Apple in windows 10 iPhone 5S iOS 9

Oops. I had to expand my view of the devices to "show all devices". From there I deleted an Apple driver that was greyed out, and updated the other Apple driver. That created a portable device driver for my Iphone!!! I think this is success.

NOT success. The Apple driver (which was under USB devices in the device manager list) which I updated from the menu is now GONE (after the reboot which I did as instructed above). There is now a USB driver labelled "Unknown USB device (device descriptor
    request failed)". I still show a listing under Portable devices for "Apple Iphone", but without the companion USB Apple driver the laptop is still unable to "see" the phone. I am completely at a dead end. Any suggestions (short of going back to a previous
    version of Windows - that is beyond my expertise) would be appreciated!

IrisMcCoy, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install

1. Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install - Similar Threads - Apple Mobile Device

2. How to install apple mobile device driver in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install apple mobile device driver in windows 10: I have tried everything that I can find and my itunes will not recognize my ipad. The laptop recognizes it, but itunes won't recognize it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-apple-mobile-device-driver-in/252fdc8e-44e4-4fc6-8221-960006ee3ec0
  3. How to install apple mobile device driver in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install apple mobile device driver in windows 10: I have tried everything that I can find and my itunes will not recognize my ipad. The laptop recognizes it, but itunes won't recognize it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-apple-mobile-device-driver-in/252fdc8e-44e4-4fc6-8221-960006ee3ec0
  4. Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device: It all started when I tried to connect my iphone to my pc. The Driver wasn't getting installed. When I tried to install it with various means, with and without having iTunes installed, I got "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver for your device" and "One of...
  5. Apple mobile Device USB Driver in Settings .....

Apple mobile Device USB Driver in Settings .....: Apple mobile Device USB Driver in Settings is Missing. I cant remember exactly where it was in the List. All it said was this Device Needs Trouble Shooting. I Clicked on it & selected Remove Device, & a Message Popped up and said Are You Sure you want to delete this...
  6. itune diagnostic "Apple Mobile Device Driver not found."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    itune diagnostic "Apple Mobile Device Driver not found.": I am on Windows 10. I need iTunes to backup my iphone 7. I downloaded iTunes (microsoft store) but my iphone is not recognized. I ran the diagnostic and it is written "Apple Mobile Device Driver not found." I read the apple support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095...
  7. Ways to install Apple Mobile Device Support

Ways to install Apple Mobile Device Support: I'm having this problem for 3 days. I tried to talk to Apple Support but they said i should Microsoft. Anyone here has any solution??[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ways-to-install-apple-mobile-device-support/5ced36b5-79b1-4923-8e6b-7a4e0147a7f1
  8. Apple Mobile Device USB Driver

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver: I need help with getting my laptop, running Windows 10 to recognize my IPod Classic 160gb. It will recognize my IPad through Bluetooth but ITunes won't recognize my IPod Classic (with no Bluetooth, of course!). So far I have done the following: 1. Restarted everything;...
  9. Apple Mobile Device Driver not In Device Manager or Services

Apple Mobile Device Driver not In Device Manager or Services: Win 10 - Ipod classic. I cannot sync my ipod. All the apple help and various links do not help - There is an assumption that the Apple Mobile Services is available either in the USB (device mgr), the program list or the Services section - neither of these are the case for...
  10. apple mobile device service

apple mobile device service: i am trying to hook my iphone 6 up to my windows 10 laptop and it says go to bottom and type service in and apple mobile device service will be there. but its not. and it is nowhere in my computer. how do i get this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. itunes driver download

2. unable to install apple ptp driver

3. installing apple mobile device driver

4. apple mobile device usb driver unable,
  5. apple mobile device usb driver installation