Windows 10: Apple problem

Discus and support Apple problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this isnt exactly the right place to post this, but Apple support didnt help and not had any response from the apple community forum. So thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Apple problem

I know this isnt exactly the right place to post this, but Apple support didnt help and not had any response from the apple community forum. So thought maybe someone here could help me.

its a long story, but here is the Short version

A few days ago, I lost most of my Safari bookmarks, I made a Backup-using Copytrans Shelbee (CS) then I restored the Safari data from a previous backup and this worked perfectly, all bookmarks returned. But as soon as I enable ICloud and Safari, the only option is MERGE or CANCEL If I chose cancel nothing happens, but MERGE, doesnt do what I would expect it to do as it replaces my bookmarks with the small selection I had at the beginning of this story. ( presumably what is stored on iCloud ) I am able to make full backups via ITunes and CS, but cannot enable iCloud / safari.

I spoke with Apple support, whom didnt seem to know very much, said the way iCloud bookmarks works is my iPad bookmarks go to the cloud and the cloud bookmarks go to my iPad , I dont believe this is correct, he also sent me a guide on safari / bookmarks / iCloud, which didnt help at all. All I need to do is upload my good bookmarks into iCloud,

I hope someone has knowledge of Apple / IPads and the curious way iCloud works ( doesnt work)

thanks in advance

:)

reddwarf4ever, Oct 4, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing.
    Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way to get rid of it is to just reinstall Windows in order to remove that option from the list.

I even re-inserted my iPhone to my machine and uninstalled the drivers from Device Manager under Portable Devices.

Obsolete devices in Autoplay list multiple entries for same - Microsoft Community

Update >> I managed to remove it under Devices and Printers. Looks like it does not work under Device Manager.

win10freak, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Apple problem

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Apple problem

1. Apple problem - Similar Threads - Apple problem

2. Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable: Hi,I have had a problem with my Apple Airpods 2nd gen for the past 6 months or so, my Airpods always connected fine and worked as they should, however around 6 months ago when using a program that updates all of my drivers I encountered an issue, after using this program my...
  3. Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple Airpods sound problem, hands free only - headphones option unavailable: Hi,I have had a problem with my Apple Airpods 2nd gen for the past 6 months or so, my Airpods always connected fine and worked as they should, however around 6 months ago when using a program that updates all of my drivers I encountered an issue, after using this program my...
  4. Apple Cinema Display and Windows 10 PC - Resolution problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Cinema Display and Windows 10 PC - Resolution problems: Hi there!I've would appreciate that much if you could assist in my case:- I've purchased Akasa "DisplayPort to DVI active converter" for Apple Cinema Display 30' M9179 ZM/A using it within Windows 10 PC.- there is a problem changing the PC resolution 1280x800 to full HD or...
  5. Apple Cinema Display and Windows 10 PC - Resolution problems

Apple Cinema Display and Windows 10 PC - Resolution problems: Hi there!I've would appreciate that much if you could assist in my case:- I've purchased Akasa "DisplayPort to DVI active converter" for Apple Cinema Display 30' M9179 ZM/A using it within Windows 10 PC.- there is a problem changing the PC resolution 1280x800 to full HD or...
  6. Apple Cinema Display and Windows 10 PC - Resolution problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why no helpline? Apple has one, why not Microsoft? My problem could be solved already....!...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why no helpline? Apple has one, why not Microsoft? My problem could be solved already....!...: I need to talk to a person to resolve a problem on my son's computer. I have Microsoft Family set-up which works with the Xbox with no issues. My son has just got a Microsoft PC and has been set-up as administrator. I need to change this so that his time limits from Microsoft...
  8. Why no helpline? Apple has one, why not Microsoft? My problem could be solved already....!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why no helpline? Apple has one, why not Microsoft? My problem could be solved already....!...: I need to talk to a person to resolve a problem on my son's computer. I have Microsoft Family set-up which works with the Xbox with no issues. My son has just got a Microsoft PC and has been set-up as administrator. I need to change this so that his time limits from Microsoft...
  9. Why no helpline? Apple has one, why not Microsoft? My problem could be solved already....!...

10. Problem with Apple Airpods 2 sound on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Apple Airpods 2 sound on Windows 10: So, I recently bought apple airpods and tried connecting them to the pc. I managed to do it and the sound isn't bad. The only problem is I can't make them sound STEREO. Everything sounds the same on both airpods and it's kind of annoying. I have Windows 10. Please let me know...