Windows 10: Apple TV no longer recognizes my shared folders

Discus and support Apple TV no longer recognizes my shared folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep my movie library on a separate hard drive attached to my Windows 10 laptop. Apple TV no longer attaches to the shared device, where it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mmshipon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. mmshipon Win User

Apple TV no longer recognizes my shared folders

I keep my movie library on a separate hard drive attached to my Windows 10 laptop. Apple TV no longer attaches to the shared device, where it has worked fine (for years) when in Windows 7. I'm using the latest version of iTunes (12.2.2). Any ideas on getting this to work again? Thanks.

:)

mmshipon, Aug 19, 2015

2. My computer no longer recognizes my TV as a second motor. When I switch the cables around, it no longer recognizes my AOC monitor..I use an HDMI cable for both.

Sorry to be so slow responding, I have Parkinson'a Disease as have been busy with rehab.

Win 10 version 1703 Build 15063.540

NO,I can't see how it could be my cables. As I said, both work fine in newer port and both do NOT work in original port.

win 10 insists on automatically updating my machine and usually something go wrong after half of them. So I (ME) didn't change anything, God only knows about Windows.

NO error messages.

Ran trouble shooter for displays; as I said, I tried different cables; I tried set up for 2 displays; I searched the web and tried several "solutions".

Don DeHaven, Aug 19, 2015
  3. My computer no longer recognizes my TV as a second motor. When I switch the cables around, it no longer recognizes my AOC monitor..I use an HDMI cable for both.

I also updated my video drivers (none found better).

Don DeHaven, Aug 19, 2015
  4. mmshipon Win User

I went through sharing tutorial and changed the share settings as they suggested. Now the network shares show as an available item, but Apple TV still doesn't recognize it. It was able to recognize the drive and movies with Windows 7 and when 10 was just installed. It appears one of the updates changed something. Ideas?

mmshipon, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Apple TV no longer recognizes my shared folders - Similar Threads - Apple longer recognizes

2. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  3. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  4. Apple tv app not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple tv app not downloading: I got a new computer recently. It has windows 10 professional xps15. I'm trying to download the apple tv app. however, it won't work. When I click install a message pop-ups that says It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...
  5. Apple tv app not downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple tv app not downloading: I got a new computer recently. It has windows 10 professional xps15. I'm trying to download the apple tv app. however, it won't work. When I click install a message pop-ups that says It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...
  6. Shared Folder on External Drive No Longer Shared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Folder on External Drive No Longer Shared: I shared a folder on external drive. I also have a shared folder on the PC that the external drive is connected to. Twice now I've gone to access the shared folder on the external drive, and it wouldn't connect. So then I would access the PC in question via "\\MyPCName",...
  7. sharing folder, stream videos to my LG smart tv problem

sharing folder, stream videos to my LG smart tv problem: i had windows 10 pro with LG smart tv, i used to watch my movies with my LG smart tv connected to shared folder through my home network. i played my files though my tv didn't need to touch my PC. last week i got new computer with windwos 10 HOME all updates are updated, i...
  8. Sony Bravia TV no longer recognized by windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sony Bravia TV no longer recognized by windows 10: My Sony Bravia was perfectly being recognized by windows 10 until I disconnected the Sony Bravia from the pcs hdmi input. Upon reconnecting the Sony into the pc all of a sudden windows 10 stopped recognizing the Sony tv. The display doesn’t show up anymore. I tried a...
  9. share folder and access from tv

share folder and access from tv: hi, i want to share a folder on my network and have access from my tv. i have set the sharing options like on the images below. then i go to the folder and i give access to everyone, but i cant see the folder from the tv. can anyone help me?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. WD TV No longer connects to shared folders on Windows 10

WD TV No longer connects to shared folders on Windows 10: I own a WD TV Box. I share a folder on my Windows 10 computer that contains recorded television shows. I used to be able to access this folder through the WD TV - BUT now I cannot. If I uninstall Win 10 and go back to Win 8.1 it works fine. I can access the folder I have...