Windows 10: Apple’s ARM Macs won’t let you run Windows 10 through Boot Camp

Discus and support Apple’s ARM Macs won’t let you run Windows 10 through Boot Camp in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Apple’s Boot Camp has been allowing Mac owners to run Windows natively on their devices for several years, but it appears that Boot Camp days are now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 25, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Apple’s ARM Macs won’t let you run Windows 10 through Boot Camp

Apple’s Boot Camp has been allowing Mac owners to run Windows natively on their devices for several years, but it appears that Boot Camp days are now numbered. According to new developer documentation published by Apple, the switch to Apple Silicon will prevent users from running Windows on the Mac via traditional Boot Camp virtualization.

During the annual WWFC keynote, Apple confirmed that the company is planning to move away from using x86 processor and they are going to use their own ARM-powered SoCs for future Macs.

Apple also announced Rosetta 2 to translate code intended for Intel CPUs to make existing apps work on Apple Silicon. Apparently, there are some limitations and Apple won’t be able to translate code intended for Boot Camp, which could prevent users from installing Windows 10 on their Macs.

In a support document, Apple clarified that Rosetta won’t be able to translate x86_64 virtualization apps, which could also prevent virtualization of Windows environments.

It’s worth noting that the limitation applies only to Macs powered by Apple Silicon. The macOS 11 Bir Sur update will still support Book Camp when you install the operating system on Macs with Intel chips. Currently, it appears that Book Camp and Windows 10 virtualization support for upcoming Macs with ARM SoC will be excluded.

During WWDC 2020, Apple showed off Linux running on ARM-based Macs, but that’s because Linux for ARM is already available. While Windows 10 can also run on ARM chips, Microsoft says there’s no official way to install the operating system.

Currently, Windows 10 for ARM is only available for manufacturers such as Samsung, HP, Asus and Dell to pre-install on their hardware.

You won’t be able to use Windows 10 on ARM for ARM-based Macs officially unless Microsoft releases the installation media image of the OS, which is still not available.

The post Apple’s ARM Macs won’t let you run Windows 10 through Boot Camp appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 25, 2020

2. Bluetooth is not working with Boot Camp after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

To enable your Bluetooth, run the Boot Camp Assistant from the Utilities folder on your Mac and install the support software, which includes the latest drivers you need for Bluetooth.

• Check for software updates to make sure OS X, your Mac firmware, and Boot Camp Assistant are
      up to date.

• Run Boot Camp Assistant and install the support software, which includes the latest Boot Camp drivers you need for Bluetooth.
      You can find step-by-step directions at Apple’s Support Site here.
    After reinstalling the drivers, all paired devices from Windows 8.1 should still be paired and usable.

Ravinath P, Jun 25, 2020
  3. No sound on MAC running Windows 10

Hey Dan,

Thanks for installing Windows 10. Check Software update in the Mac App Store, there were some Boot Camp updates released recently. (based on info I found on the apple forum). Hope this helps. Helped one other user on the apple forum with your same symptom.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Apple’s ARM Macs won’t let you run Windows 10 through Boot Camp

Windows on Mac?

Yeah, it's apple's boot camp on their new Intel macs. When Macintosh moved everything to x86, they remembered that Windows runs on x86. And so after some crazy internet people won a contest to boot Windows on a Mac, Macintosh released the "Boot Camp" beta which is alot like the boot loader in Windows XP. Hence, if you buy Windows XP, download Boot Camp beta, and get all sorts of Windows software, you can dual boot XP and Mac and run your XP software on a Mac. That's just too expensive in my opinion...wait for Conroe *Stick Out Tongue Apple’s ARM Macs won’t let you run Windows 10 through Boot Camp :p.

zekrahminator, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Apple’s ARM Macs won’t let you run Windows 10 through Boot Camp

1. Apple’s ARM Macs won’t let you run Windows 10 through Boot Camp - Similar Threads - Apple’s ARM Macs

2. Future of Boot-camp on Apple new MacBook ARM operating system to run Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Future of Boot-camp on Apple new MacBook ARM operating system to run Windows: Does anyone know if MS and or Apple will make boot-camp available on the new Mac Book Pro with ARM operating system so one can run Windows on the new Mac Book Pro.If not Boot-camp is there a workable alternative to run Windows on the Mac?...
  3. Future of Boot-camp on Apple new MacBook ARM operating system to run Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Future of Boot-camp on Apple new MacBook ARM operating system to run Windows: Does anyone know if MS and or Apple will make boot-camp available on the new Mac Book Pro with ARM operating system so one can run Windows on the new Mac Book Pro.If not Boot-camp is there a workable alternative to run Windows on the Mac?...
  4. Window installation on mac using boot camp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window installation on mac using boot camp: I am trying to install windows to my mac using bootcamp. However, after preparing bootcamp pre-installation in mac and restarts, window does not start an installation. Do you have any idea why it doesnt open window installation? I reached to apple service and they told me...
  5. Can you download Boot Camp on Windows to load Mac on Windows?

Can you download Boot Camp on Windows to load Mac on Windows?: I couldn’t find the answer on any other sources, so I decided to ask the entire Microsoft community. Our family is very anti-Apple, and our only Apple device is the first iPad Pro. I feel like a few years ago, it had its own website, and that you could download it on Windows....
  6. Can you download Boot Camp on Windows to load Mac on Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you download Boot Camp on Windows to load Mac on Windows?: I couldn’t find the answer on any other sources, so I decided to ask the entire Microsoft community. Our family is very anti-Apple, and our only Apple device is the first iPad Pro. I feel like a few years ago, it had its own website, and that you could download it on Windows....
  7. Can you download Boot Camp on Windows to load Mac on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Installing Windows 10 through Boot Camp?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 through Boot Camp?: At my screen on the bottom right there is a prompt to activate windows. I got my copy through the boot camp app on a Mac OS Macbook Pro, to switch freely between Windows and Mac. My question: is this method of obtaining Windows dangerous/if not, did it come with a product key...
  9. Windows 10 with Boot Camp - MAC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 with Boot Camp - MAC: Hi, I have downloaded windows 10 onto my Macbook with the help of Boot Camp. It runs great, I can use explorer etc. However, I want to activate my Windows 10 to download some apps, and it will not let me. Is there a way I can activate my windows 10 without a product key?...
  10. Run Apple Mac on Windows10

Run Apple Mac on Windows10: Having searched for how to do this, there are several routes, all very complex and therefore prone to failure when setting up. I remember a few years ago there were (only) two emulators and they were much simpler to use than the ones I just found. Is there a simpler and...