Windows 10: Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit

Discus and support Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Apple probably calls this a feature...but apparently a lot of users of iTunes for Windows are seeing their CD/DVD drives open the tray every time they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sewing1243, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit

Apple probably calls this a feature...but apparently a lot of users of iTunes for Windows are seeing their CD/DVD drives open the tray every time they exit iTunes for Windows (including me). This started after either a recent Windows 10 update or an iTunes update (or maybe both).

Almost 700 people have indicated they are experiencing the same problem on the Apple support site (I found two posts going back for almost a year), yet not a peep from Apple.

Windows version: Windows 10 64 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.441)

iTunes for Windows version: 12.9.2.6

Does anyone know how to make that stop?

:)

sewing1243, Dec 12, 2018

2. CD/DVD drive (EApple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 12, 2018
  3. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Dec 12, 2018
  4. RLRehm Win User

Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit

1. Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit - Similar Threads - Apple's iTunes opens

2. CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Drive: Cannot get cd/dvd disc drive to be recognised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2738a7b0-563c-46a3-9a31-8aa6ce8c8e7d
  3. Apple CD drive

Apple CD drive: I have just acquired an HP elitebook. I want to use it with my stand alone apple CD drive. I have connected via USB, drive is recognised, but it will not. accept CD's. no problem when connected to my Mac. It will allow me insert 90% of CD and will eject , but won't let me...
  4. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2052dead-0253-46dc-a189-ffe263dd0d15
  5. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  6. File Explorer Randomly Opens The CD-DVD Tray

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Randomly Opens The CD-DVD Tray: I have an OLD Dell OptiPlex 745 (yeah, I know --- hopefully, you guys aren't laughing too hard) with Windows 10 installed, latest updates (06/27/2019), and the whole spiel. For some strange reason, occasionally a File Explorer dialog window pops up requesting a CD be inserted...
  7. CD/DVD tray will not open

CD/DVD tray will not open: Is it possible that this machines doesn't have a tray? I don't see it. Is there an other way to load software? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Andy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-tray-will-not-open/f66fca3f-9772-4984-ab8b-c5922012b944
  8. cd tray not opening

cd tray not opening: I cant get my cd tray to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-tray-not-opening/20eb9a3f-c6d3-461e-9e76-1ebc21a94dca
  9. CD/DVD Drive

CD/DVD Drive: I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not load. I am using Windows 10 however I think it was working for a while after I got Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling and...
  10. No CD/DVD drive

No CD/DVD drive: After installing Microsofts Windows 10 upgrade I have found that it does not see my CD/DVD drive, I did have this problem once before with Windows 7 but was able to download a program from Microsoft called MrFixit.dvd.exe, when I tried running the software it reported that my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i exit itunes my dvd drve opens

2. stop itunes from opening cd on exit

3. how to stop itunes from ejcting the cd when exiting

4. dvd opens when exiting itunes,
  5. how to stop dvd tray from opening when i exit itunes,
  6. close itunes dvd tray opens,
  7. itunes opening cd tray on exit