Windows 10: Apple’s ‘text replacement’ equivalent in Windows?

Discus and support Apple’s ‘text replacement’ equivalent in Windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use an apple computer at home but have a windows computer at work. With my MacBook I’m able to use “shortcuts” or Text Replacement for repetitive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KangarooProfessional, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Apple’s ‘text replacement’ equivalent in Windows?

I use an apple computer at home but have a windows computer at work. With my MacBook I’m able to use “shortcuts” or Text Replacement for repetitive things I have to type in.

For example, I just type “pq” for “Please let me know if you have any questions.” It saves me so many hours as I’ve already got so many shortcuts memorized.

Is there an equivalent for this in windows that’s built in? I don’t want to have to download an app..

submitted by /u/KangarooProfessional
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KangarooProfessional, Sep 29, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Todd Win User
    Apple Console equivalent in Windows 10

Is there an equivalent to Apple's Console in Windows 10?

As an Apple user of many years I've come to use Console to troubleshoot problems and to occasionally see what's going on with the system in general.
    I'd like to know what Windows is doing when I see the spinning blue circle attached to the pointer.

Also, occasionally I've seen windows pop up then disappear. Is there any way to see what Windows is doing then?

I'm using Windows 10.

4. er0senn1n Win User

Apple’s ‘text replacement’ equivalent in Windows?

Text Editor with Multiple Search Replace lines

Hello All

I am looking for a text editor which will allow me to take multiple lines from one text file (if it helps I also have the information in a spreadsheet) and will then replace then lines in another line of that document.

I am trying to make a list for my books and comics.

<Book Series="{name}" Number="{no.}" Volume="{year}" </Book>
    <Book Series="{name}" Number="{no.}" Volume="{year}" </Book>

For the comics it would need to replace the above format so;

<Book Series="{Batman}" Number="{01}" Volume="{2011}" </Book>

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

er0senn1n, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Apple’s ‘text replacement’ equivalent in Windows?

1. Apple’s ‘text replacement’ equivalent in Windows? - Similar Threads - Apple’s ‘text replacement’

2. I need an ARC Keyboard nanotransreciver or equivalent replacement - where is it for sale?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need an ARC Keyboard nanotransreciver or equivalent replacement - where is it for sale?: I lost my ARC keyboard nanotransceiver and wish to buy a new one, or an alternative replacement from another brand maybe? that will work.Please send me a link to a European webshop where I can order it.Thanks!...
  3. I need an ARC Keyboard nanotransreciver or equivalent replacement - where is it for sale?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need an ARC Keyboard nanotransreciver or equivalent replacement - where is it for sale?: I lost my ARC keyboard nanotransceiver and wish to buy a new one, or an alternative replacement from another brand maybe? that will work.Please send me a link to a European webshop where I can order it.Thanks!...
  4. I need an ARC Keyboard nanotransreciver or equivalent replacement - where is it for sale?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text: My computer randomly replaces the taskbar preview with text. An example is shown:I have no idea why that is. It will show the taskbar preview normally, then after a while, it goes to text. This is really annoying, and I couldn't find a solution. Thank you.P.S. I will try...
  6. Apple Pencil not selecting text after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apple Pencil not selecting text after Windows 10 upgrade: I recently went from a Windows 7 virtual machine for work to a Windows10 VM. I use my iPad Pro to log into my VM and I use my Apple Pencil as my mouse. I used to be able to use the pencil to select text in emails Outlook or select cells in Excel, but I am having difficulty...
  7. what is the Microsoft equivalent of apple QuickTime?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is the Microsoft equivalent of apple QuickTime?: I'm trying to use a Gov PowerPoint the uses "QuickTime" what Microsoft app can I use in place of QuickTime? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-microsoft-equivalent-of-apple/3c87a4fc-324c-4d96-8fb2-22b8150113f2
  8. Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons: This bug occurred to me months ago, but I was too lazy to fix it. So basically, I went into sticky notes. I see the placeholder text, completely normal. I then click in the text box and the text and buttons turn into squares and blocks. Even the [X] button is a block. Same...
  9. Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10: How to: Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10 How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents. You can search to find...
  10. Using windows 10 text replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Using windows 10 text replacement: I want to, for example, type in "ccd" and have it automatically replaced with my credit card number. I've done it before but can't remember how to do it. Thanks, 98261