Windows 10: applet wont open on new surface pro with windows 10

Discus and support applet wont open on new surface pro with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I just purchased a surface laptop I have 3 applets that I have downloaded I can open the instruction pages for how to use them but not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Al 665, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Al 665 Win User

applet wont open on new surface pro with windows 10

Hi

I just purchased a surface laptop

I have 3 applets that I have downloaded

I can open the instruction pages for how to use them but not the applets themselves

I get a pop up that says "application cannot be started .Contact the application vendor"

I opened up the details but not being a computer geek its not helping me

I did contact the vendor and they assured me the applet works fine

Thing is, my old laptop which was also windows 10 had the same applets and they worked fine

This is doing my head in!!

Figured someone would know how to sort it otherwise I will have to take it into a tech guy

would appreciate any ideas

:)

Al 665, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2020
  3. New to windows 8 - just got MS surface pro

thx.can u list some interesting or very useful apps?
    packaged apps wih surface pro? which one?
    onenote form appstore?

======
    how to close already opened programs/windows one by one or all at once?

freebird_9924, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. applet wont open on new surface pro with windows 10 - Similar Threads - applet wont open

2. Surface pro 7 Wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7 Wont start: I just did a restart after this mornings update in Win 11 & my Surface Pro will not start. It gets to the lock screen where the small buffer ring by the curser appears then disappears repeatedly. if I put in my access code, it the goes to the desktop but without any icons or...
  3. Surface pro 7 Wont start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 7 Wont start: I just did a restart after this mornings update in Win 11 & my Surface Pro will not start. It gets to the lock screen where the small buffer ring by the curser appears then disappears repeatedly. if I put in my access code, it the goes to the desktop but without any icons or...
  4. Surface Pro wont open expansion portable hardrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro wont open expansion portable hardrive: Hi, my seagate expansion portable drive is recognised by my surface pro however I can not open it. It does not appear as a device or drive when plugged in however is recognised under the other devices setting. Please advise what the issue may be. Thanks Jezza...
  5. Windows 10 applets shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 applets shortcuts: Does anyone have shortcuts to control panel applets in lnk format? Like ms-settings:nightlight redirects to Night Ligtht applet. I need complete package to any setting. submitted by /u/Lucius1213 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro: I just purchased a Surface 7 Pro to upgrade from my Surface 3 with Windows 10 Pro. The Surface 7 Pro has the Windows 10 Home version that I would like to upgrade with Windows 10 Pro but don't know where to find my Product Key. I don't recall purchasing and I believe that my...
  7. New Surface Pro 7

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Surface Pro 7: Hi, I have always been a fan of Microsoft until my surface pro 3 - loved it in the beginning however it always had a bit of a bug now and then with the screen. This eventually got worse and worse by the time i found out what the bug was in the touch screen the surface was out...
  8. Win 10 on a new Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 on a new Surface Pro: I am attempting to install some MP3 files from a USB stick to a folder in My Documents. I have used to "old" copy and paste without success. Have things changed so much? Thank for any help. Rod G...
  9. Mail applet in Control Panel will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail applet in Control Panel will not open: I have Outlook 2016 installed. When I try to open the mail applet in Control Panel nothing happens. I have reinstalled Office twice and this is a fresh Win 10 install. Any ideas how to solve this please? 92064
  10. This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro

in Windows 10 News
    This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro: Microsoft is holding an event on Tuesday, May 23 in Shanghai, China where it will unveil a widely anticipated refresh of its Surface Pro 4 laptop-class Windows 10-powered tablet, known simply as the Surface Pro. But you won’t have to wait until then to check out the new model...