Windows 10: Application aborts unexpectedly

Discus and support Application aborts unexpectedly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a copy of Pinnacle Studio 22 from Corel that I am attempting to run under Windows 10. Selecting the video files to be used in a project is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnDSX, Jun 22, 2019.

1. JohnDSX Win User

Application aborts unexpectedly

I have a copy of Pinnacle Studio 22 from Corel that I am attempting to run under Windows 10.

Selecting the video files to be used in a project is done by clicking on an icon that loads a copy of Windows explorer on top of the application, from which the desired file(s) can be identified and then loaded by drag and drop.

However, as soon as the icon is clicked, the program aborts back to the desktop. Since the process works fine on other PC’s the inference is that the problem must lie with the PC and not the Pinnacle software.

Can anyone suggest what kind of scenario might cause this behavior and what could be done to overcome it?

I have tried Corel customer support without success.

:)

JohnDSX, Jun 22, 2019
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jun 22, 2019
  3. BillN-122 Win User
    tabs and new open windows close unexpectedly

tabs and new open windows close unexpectedly

event viewer shows as error...application error and service control error

Any suggestions for a fix?

BillN-122, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Application aborts unexpectedly

Office applications closes unexpectedly

Hello Leon,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Let me assist you with additional information from here to resolve the issue.

To be able to assist you better, provide us a few more details on the below details.

• Are you using Click-to-Run version or a MSI version of Office?
    • Did you make any recent software changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue specific to any particular Office application? Also, do you receive similar errors while working with other applications?

As an initial recommendation , I suggest you to check if the same issue occurs when logged in to the computer using Safe Mode.

Safe Mode With Networking:

Follow the steps to boot to safe mode with networking:

• Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

• In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

• Click the ‘Boot’ tab.

• Under ‘Boot Options’, select the ‘Safe Boot’ option.

• Choose the type of safe mode by selecting one of the options below the Safe boot check box: Select ‘Network’.

• Click OK and then restart your PC.

Refer below link to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue does not occur in Safe mode, try to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Application aborts unexpectedly

1. Application aborts unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Application aborts unexpectedly

2. MDT : the application returned an unexpected code 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDT : the application returned an unexpected code 2: I use my MDT to deploy image to one PC and When deploy the Dell Command Update software, I got the error code:2.But the software I found has been deployed successfully on this PC....
  3. MDT : the application returned an unexpected code 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MDT : the application returned an unexpected code 2: I use my MDT to deploy image to one PC and When deploy the Dell Command Update software, I got the error code:2.But the software I found has been deployed successfully on this PC....
  4. MDT : the application returned an unexpected code 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. efi aborted rom image is not loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    efi aborted rom image is not loaded: It suddenly showed after i restarted my pc, after i updated my drivers. Then i forced to restart it or override boot it worked and loaded again on windows. But everytime I restart or open my pc it goes to bios and that shows...
  6. efi aborted rom image is not loaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    efi aborted rom image is not loaded: It suddenly showed after i restarted my pc, after i updated my drivers. Then i forced to restart it or override boot it worked and loaded again on windows. But everytime I restart or open my pc it goes to bios and that shows...
  7. File Explorer Just Aborts

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Just Aborts: I am having no success with File Explorer. As the title sez, I try to view folders and files, but File Explorer will appear to be fetching the next query result (files from the selected folder), I get the activity icon turning, I'm waiting,..... and then nothing. All the...
  8. "An unexpected program exception exception 0xe434352 occurred in the application at...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "An unexpected program exception exception 0xe434352 occurred in the application at...: So my laptop ASUS X555L running on windows 10 had been pretty slow for the past couple of days but as of today i started getting the error stated above on the title, the only other thing i know is that it says LocalBridge.exe on the msg that pops up with the error. While i'm...
  9. Help Abortion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help Abortion: When I open file location on help link in program files, it takes me to Documentation and properties shows "C:\Program Files (x86)\borland\interbase\help\ib32.hlp" When I click the link, it takes me to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10 not...
  10. Build 10049 Will Download But Aborts Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10049 Will Download But Aborts Installation: I have build 10041 in different stages on three SSDs. Have had no problems installing updates including new builds in the past. Build 10049 downloads (100%), but installation always aborts - even on one SSD which has an absolutely pristine 10041 - installed with no problems...