Windows 10: Application access

Discus and support Application access in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have downloaded a few games from the Microsoft store and they work fine as long as I access them from either the Microsoft store or the Game pass... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Alex Lupu, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Alex Lupu Win User

Application access

I have downloaded a few games from the Microsoft store and they work fine as long as I access them from either the Microsoft store or the Game pass app. I am trying to link these video games to my gaming peripherals however when I try to link them, it tells me I don't have the right permissions.

I went into Windows Apps folder where the Microsoft store automatically installed my games to see if I could find the specific application. For example, I searched for Forza Horizon 4 and I found the application in the Windows Apps folder under Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame; however it has a golden lock on it. Whenever I try to take the encryption off I think thats what it is but I'm not sure it says that the parameter is incorrect.

I would like to make these files accessible to me and the gaming software that I use but I haven't been able to do it. Please help.

:)

Alex Lupu, Apr 29, 2020

2. Unable to access Quickbooks application on Windows 10

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are facing an issues with accessing the Qiuckbooks application on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access Quickbooks application?
    • Which version of Quickbooks application are you referring to?

If you are using later versions of the application, I suggest you to install the application in compatibility mode on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the latest version of QuickBooks application of from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the application and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2020
  3. GSquadron Win User
    GPU online application question

I am thinking to create a GPU comparison application which can be accessed online,
    but would love to hear some suggestions and what you would want from such an app.

GSquadron, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Application access

Restraint trafic and applications to access internet with Firewall when connected with Dial Up SAT connexion

Hi,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to block apps and programs from accessing network connection through Windows Firewall:

• Open Control Panel and click System and Security.
    • On the Windows Firewall page, select Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
    • Uncheck the box to the left of the application names to disallow them from accessing network connection.
    • If other programs are not listed, just click Allow another program/app button to add them.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Application access

1. Application access - Similar Threads - Application access

2. Applications are unable to access internet, when connected to my mobile's or other mobile's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications are unable to access internet, when connected to my mobile's or other mobile's...: Hi, My laptop is unable to access the internet from my mobile's hotspot, and also to open Wi-Fi networks. It only connects to my Home's Wi-Fi connection. I tried everything i could , like restarting, resetting the adaptors etc and the problem persists....
  3. Applications are unable to access internet, when connected to my mobile's or other mobile's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications are unable to access internet, when connected to my mobile's or other mobile's...: Hi, My laptop is unable to access the internet from my mobile's hotspot, and also to open Wi-Fi networks. It only connects to my Home's Wi-Fi connection. I tried everything i could , like restarting, resetting the adaptors etc and the problem persists....
  4. Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022: I am experiencing an issue with the Distributed Component Object Model DCOM in a server environment where multiple web applications interact with Microsoft Office documents. Below are the details and steps that led to the problem:Environment:Server OS: Windows Server 2022...
  5. Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022

Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022: I am experiencing an issue with the Distributed Component Object Model DCOM in a server environment where multiple web applications interact with Microsoft Office documents. Below are the details and steps that led to the problem:Environment:Server OS: Windows Server 2022...
  6. Blocked Access to All Apps After Configuring "Run only specified Windows Applications" Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked Access to All Apps After Configuring "Run only specified Windows Applications" Setting: I am encountering an issue with user access permissions on my computer. Specifically, I have set up two user accounts: one as an Administrator and the other as a standard User. The User account is configured to boot using a custom .bat file instead of explorer.exe as the...
  7. Blocked Access to All Apps After Configuring "Run only specified Windows Applications" Setting

Blocked Access to All Apps After Configuring "Run only specified Windows Applications" Setting: I am encountering an issue with user access permissions on my computer. Specifically, I have set up two user accounts: one as an Administrator and the other as a standard User. The User account is configured to boot using a custom .bat file instead of explorer.exe as the...
  8. Blocked Access to All Apps After Configuring "Run only specified Windows Applications" Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.: Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet. The brwosers access Internet well, but other software lost Internet connection. I try many methods but it is useless for now. The hardware was fine, i dont know where the problem....
  10. Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.: Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet. The brwosers access Internet well, but other software lost Internet connection. I try many methods but it is useless for now. The hardware was fine, i dont know where the problem....