Windows 10: Application and games

Discus and support Application and games in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; hello, I have two hard drives, one main with operating system, and the second with gamesgame pass for pc and applications. then I had to reinstall my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SebastiánMonsalve, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Application and games

hello, I have two hard drives, one main with operating system, and the second with gamesgame pass for pc and applications.

then I had to reinstall my operating system, the second hard drive has the games and applications still.

¿Is there any way for the xbox app to recognize the games already installed on the other HDD? Or, failing that, how can I delete the folder whitout format the disk where those games are because it doesn't allow deleting them when pressing the delete key

:)

SebastiánMonsalve, Oct 13, 2020

2. Accidentally tagged applications as "Games" in game mode

Hi,

If you accidentally tagged other applications as game in game mode, you can remove or reverse it by following the steps below:

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the game or app and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.

For more information in troubleshooting game DVR, you may check out this
    link

If you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Application/games blocked access to graphics card NVIDIA GTX 750

Please check the games compatibility first and then install it in Compatibility mode. Kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Compatibility troubleshooter

Please run the device troubleshooter by following these steps.

• Go to Control Panel, on the Search Control Panel bar located on the upper-right corner of
      the Control Panel window, type Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting on the results pane.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Look for Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, right-click, and have it Run as administrator.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Select your installer/application.
    • Once done, run the installer/application again.

Step 2: Run in compatibility mode

Since you have the installer, have it run in compatibility mode into an earlier version of Windows.

• Simply right-click on the installer.
    • Select Properties.
    • Navigate to Compatibility tab.
    • Under Compatibility mode, put a check on Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • And then on the drop-down menu, select the corresponding Windows version. We suggest choosing Windows 8/7.
    • Click Apply at the bottom, and then OK.
    • Run the installer/application.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jonas Flo, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Application and games

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Application and games

1. Application and games - Similar Threads - Application games

2. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game: i can run genshin impact just fine as well as other games but for some reason i cant start farlight 84 i tried the command prompt method my driver are up to date i tried the region thing please help screenshot not mine i deleted the game for now...
  3. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game: i can run genshin impact just fine as well as other games but for some reason i cant start farlight 84 i tried the command prompt method my driver are up to date i tried the region thing please help screenshot not mine i deleted the game for now...
  4. Windows 11 some games and applications flickering when pressing left click in them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 some games and applications flickering when pressing left click in them: In some games and applications when i press left click the window flickers white and goes unresponsive but only for a moment. They run fine before and after no issues there only when leftclicking the window flickers.On the taskbar i see the icons look like losing focus and...
  5. Windows 11 some games and applications flickering when pressing left click in them

Windows 11 some games and applications flickering when pressing left click in them: In some games and applications when i press left click the window flickers white and goes unresponsive but only for a moment. They run fine before and after no issues there only when leftclicking the window flickers.On the taskbar i see the icons look like losing focus and...
  6. How is a game application related to this "SearchHost.exe - System Error"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is a game application related to this "SearchHost.exe - System Error"?: Each time I am running World of Warcraft, I am receiving the following error. I have not yet seen this error while using any other application. I have noted that often the game will not start correctly, then this error appears.SearchHost.exe - System ErrorThe system detected...
  7. How is a game application related to this "SearchHost.exe - System Error"?

How is a game application related to this "SearchHost.exe - System Error"?: Each time I am running World of Warcraft, I am receiving the following error. I have not yet seen this error while using any other application. I have noted that often the game will not start correctly, then this error appears.SearchHost.exe - System ErrorThe system detected...
  8. Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.: Hello,Recently I've experienced an issue where the sound from applications takes a while to 'activate' when I'm playing a game. For example when I press my toggle mute button for discord which is running in the background, I dont hear the sound notification of me muting...
  9. Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.

Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.: Hello,Recently I've experienced an issue where the sound from applications takes a while to 'activate' when I'm playing a game. For example when I press my toggle mute button for discord which is running in the background, I dont hear the sound notification of me muting...
  10. How to fix online games and discord not working while other applications are perfectly fine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix online games and discord not working while other applications are perfectly fine...: I have had my custom built pc for a few years with upgrades along the way and I have never had any problems similar to this. After having to fully reset our router my pc hasnt been able to join on discord saying no route or rct connecting, have tried most online suggestions...