Windows 10: "Application Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware" Error, no solutions have worked so far.

Discus and support "Application Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware" Error, no solutions have worked so far. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have scoured every corner of the internet looking for a solution to this problem. There are no definitive solutions or people confirming that a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GurenMikkoi, May 18, 2019.

1. "Application Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware" Error, no solutions have worked so far.

I have scoured every corner of the internet looking for a solution to this problem. There are no definitive solutions or people confirming that a solution has worked. I have tried everything I can find:

1.) Disabling my second monitor

2.) Upgrading to the latest graphics drivers

3.) Deleting and reinstalling graphics drivers

4.) Rolling back to a previous driver version

5.) Performing a clean boot and playing the game with no other programs running

6.) Changed the TdrDelay in the Registry Editor to 20

7.) Changed the TdrDelay in the Registry Editor to 8

This problem has been occuring for months, and happens with *nearly* every game

Games I've tried to play and have crashed:
    Borderlands 1

Borderlands 2

Monster Hunter World

Risk of Rain 2

Satisfactory (Early Access Title)

Smite (a game that I had played many many times in the past)

It isn't just games either, on occasion even non-gaming applications will get the same error:

Google Chrome

Mozilla Firefox

Discord

There is an error popping up in my Event Viewer quite often as well:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I'm at a loss, and any new things I can try would help greatly.

:)

GurenMikkoi, May 18, 2019

2. Application winproj.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

"Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. Application winproj.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware ".

I was facing these error message always while using my Microsoft office applications in my new surface pro 4 windows 10 system.

please give me solution to fix these issue.

thank you

Shamna Junais, May 18, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, May 18, 2019
  4. "Application Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware" Error, no solutions have worked so far.

Application Blocked from accessing Graphic Hardware

Recently I've been experiencing the app blocked from accessing graphic hardware issue with a specific game I play a fair amount. The game seems to work but upon initial starting I would get clear audio but bad or no visuals forcing me to restart the game
    manually by shutting it down from the task manager. I have discovered a simple fix to this problem though, and it lies in the graphics settings for your display.

To fix the issue I've been having I searched up and opened my computer's Events Log, to examine where the error was occurring and get an accurate description. (It gave the same message as the notification, this step may be negligible)….

The next step in my process was to access my computer's system settings (for windows 10 the primary settings for your computer)

Going there, select the display settings and look for a link text that says "Graphics Settings"

Upon clicking on this, you will be presented with a graphics performance preference text and a drop down box that gives the options for a Classic Application or a Universal Application. I didn't fiddle with this at all but there is a browse button below that.

Clicking this browse button I was able to select the application that was being blocked and I set it to always run in high performance mode. thus fixing my issue once I restarted the game in question.

For reference I run an XPS 8930 with an Intel(R) Core i5-8400 CPU with 64 bit Windows 10 and an AMD RX 560 graphics card.

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but a colleague of mine suggested I post my solution to the forums to help others experiencing the same issue.

Lt_Longlegs, May 18, 2019
Thema:

"Application Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware" Error, no solutions have worked so far.

1. "Application Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware" Error, no solutions have worked so far. - Similar Threads - Application Blocked Accessing

2. "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware": These crashes have been going on forever now. They've been in almost any game I play, Halo Infinite, Titanfall 2, Apex legends, Risk of Rain 2 and others. I've tried multiple fixes such as editing my registry, running a system file checker, running the game as Administrator,...
  3. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: Hello, Since 3 days I'm getting a message that says Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. I've tried a lot of things including: Reinstalling Windows 10 Reinstalling drivers Changed TlrDelay Set drivers back to previous version FurMark GPU stress...
  4. Application blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Application blocked from accessing graphics hardware.: I recently started getting the above error message when on Facebook. How do I correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-blocked-from-accessing-graphics/a1afb8ac-549e-4a52-8832-9b6dc42b4a89
  5. Application Blocked from accessing Graphic Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Blocked from accessing Graphic Hardware: Recently I've been experiencing the app blocked from accessing graphic hardware issue with a specific game I play a fair amount. The game seems to work but upon initial starting I would get clear audio but bad or no visuals forcing me to restart the game manually by shutting...
  6. Application Blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Application Blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware: I've recently been experiencing an issue with one of my games being blocked from utilizing the graphics hardware installed on my computer. War Thunder to be exact. Ever since the Newest update for the game came out, that problem has arisen. Upon completing the update, I was...
  7. application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: I know it was here lot times before but with no solution for me. Today (25.7.2018) at about 14:00 everything is normal and smooth. On the evening the same day (18:00) after i start any game or program witch uses my GK i get that error application XXXX has been blocked from...
  8. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 News
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: [ATTACH] Many a time it may so happen that programs on your Windows 10 PC get denied of accessing graphics hardware. The message says that an application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. One of the common scenarios is when [...] This post Application has...
  9. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: Hello everyone, I have just moved from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (clean install, not an upgrade) and am now getting an error when running DirectX 9 games (Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 1,2 and 3), it freezes the game and forces me to end the process, then gives me the titled...
  10. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware [ERROR]

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware [ERROR]: Hello guys. I wouldn't come to bother you with this issue if I haven't searched some other forums before without success. This issue is only happening with one game: Modern Warfare 3 (Steam version). Let me explain: -First I got the "Graphic drivers stop responding...."...