Windows 10: Application blocked "XtuService.exe" !!!

Discus and support Application blocked "XtuService.exe" !!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few hours ago I scanned the whole system with "windows security" program. - After the scan is complete, the application "" has been blocked. Can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WynCận, Nov 22, 2019.

1. WynCận Win User

Application blocked "XtuService.exe" !!!

A few hours ago I scanned the whole system with "windows security" program.

- After the scan is complete, the application "" has been blocked.

Can you tell me if this application is harmful to my computer? After searching the internet, I found this application is intel. intel extreme tuning utility. Should I remove this application? Thank you!

Application blocked "XtuService.exe" !!! a9c8d65f-cee9-4dba-800a-a0d21348b96c?upload=true.png

:)

WynCận, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Smartscreen blocking an EXE

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any option to save password?
    • Which application are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the shortcut or in File explorer and select Run as administrator check if that helps.
    • Also observe when you type password do you get a prompt for saving password just above Taskbar.

You may also refer the link below and check if that helps.

Smart Screen Filter: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-smartscreen-filter#ie=ie-11

Hope the issue with smart screen blocking exe will resolved. Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Do you receive any error message when you run the .exe installer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

As you have mentioned that you have Kaspersky installed on the computer, it could be that Kaspersky is blocking the installers to run. I suggest you to try disabling Kaspersky and see if that helps. Please follow the steps to disable Kaspersky:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Now, click on Settings.
    3. Click on Additional and then click on
      Self-Defense.
    4. Clear the check box for
      Enable Self-Defense to disable Kaspersky.
    5. If you receive any prompt, click on Continue.

Note: Disabling Antivirus software may open the computer to threats. Make sure to enable it after performing the troubleshooting.

You can also check if the application that you are trying to run is Quarantined by Kaspersky. If the application is Quarantined, restore the application and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Click on More tools.
    3. In the Tools window, click on
      Quarantine
    4. Look for the .exe installer that you are trying to run. If you find the installer, right click on it and select
      Restore to restore it to its original location.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Application blocked "XtuService.exe" !!!

blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Application blocked "XtuService.exe" !!!

1. Application blocked "XtuService.exe" !!! - Similar Threads - Application blocked XtuService

2. XtuService help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XtuService help!: Hi, I have a problem with the following executable *XtuService, it runs in the background always, there are 7-8 processes that consume up to 1 GB of RAM and used the CPU always at a percentage of 10-25%....
  3. XtuService help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XtuService help!: Hi, I have a problem with the following executable *XtuService, it runs in the background always, there are 7-8 processes that consume up to 1 GB of RAM and used the CPU always at a percentage of 10-25%....
  4. How to block an application or EXE to open any URL

How to block an application or EXE to open any URL: Hey,I am having an issue using a program. I cant show the name of that. But Whenever I close that program it sends an open link request to my default browser. I want to stop that from happening. Please give some idea of how to stop an app to send open link requests. If there...
  5. How to block an application or EXE to open any URL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block an application or EXE to open any URL: Hey,I am having an issue using a program. I cant show the name of that. But Whenever I close that program it sends an open link request to my default browser. I want to stop that from happening. Please give some idea of how to stop an app to send open link requests. If there...
  6. How to block an application or EXE to open any URL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Blocked exe file

Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  8. Exe blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...
  9. application blocked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    application blocked: Why did I just get a bunch of notifications saying ApplicationMicrosoftEdgeC has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-blocked/42e7f864-40d8-4295-bdad-b3380184b880
  10. applications blocked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    applications blocked: applications blocked from graphic hardware. Can Microsoft help me to solve ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/applications-blocked/28b4b5cd-93e8-4543-939e-a44cf3c6352b