Windows 10: Application called desktop(a hidden file) on my desktop

Discus and support Application called desktop(a hidden file) on my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello guys, Whenever I switch on my pc, there is a hidden application called desktop (two of them) on my Desktop looking like a white page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MosesRaj, May 27, 2019.

1. MosesRaj Win User

Application called desktop(a hidden file) on my desktop

Application called desktop(a hidden file) on my desktop 185fa010-ff63-426d-9b6a-f7863693a95f?upload=true.png
    Hello guys,

Whenever I switch on my pc, there is a hidden application called desktop (two of them) on my Desktop looking like a white page with a gear symbol on on the bottom left.

Is this a problem or is it supposed to be like that?

I haven't touched them yet, should I leave it the way it is?

I'm really worried this pc is brand new. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank You.

:)

MosesRaj, May 27, 2019

2. File explorer not on desktop! (and other applications deleted too!)

Hi,

It is unusual that programs would disappear after downloading an application.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What exactly is the application that you downloaded?

2. Are you able to locate the "deleted" programs by typing in the name of the applications through the search bar?

Just to make sure you do not have the desktop files set to "hidden", I suggest you to try the steps below and check:

1. Press Windows key + D to go to desktop.

2. Right click on an empty space in the desktop and select "view"

3. Select "show desktop icons".

Check if the icons/programs re-appear after making the changes.

Get back to us with the response.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 27, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 27, 2019
  4. Endi75 Win User

virtual desktops and notifications from hidden desktop

hi

on hidden virtual desktop application
    sometimes shows an error. This error
    pops up on my current virtual desktop.
    Is not that a mistake? Second observation: application
    launches another application on a hidden
    virtual desktop. This application runs on
    my active desktop and interferes with
    work!

Endi75, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Application called desktop(a hidden file) on my desktop - Similar Threads - Application called desktop

2. Desktop shortcut for an application file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut for an application file: I am trying to create a desktop shortcut for "fastdl.app". I know that I can type that in as the URL in various browsers, but, I don't seem to be able to create a shortcut for it. When I type in "fastdl.app" without the quotes in the "Target" box, I get the error message:The...
  3. Desktop shortcut for an application file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut for an application file: I am trying to create a desktop shortcut for "fastdl.app". I know that I can type that in as the URL in various browsers, but, I don't seem to be able to create a shortcut for it. When I type in "fastdl.app" without the quotes in the "Target" box, I get the error message:The...
  4. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  5. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  6. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. .txt file called "debug" is popping on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .txt file called "debug" is popping on desktop: So I have a problem. A file popped in desktop called "debug". I throw it in the bin and empty it by after a boot it pops up again. Here's what it says: [0924/175923.743:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc469] failed to stat report...
  8. Seeing "thumbs.db" and "desktop.ini" files on my desktop. Not showing hidden folders/files...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeing "thumbs.db" and "desktop.ini" files on my desktop. Not showing hidden folders/files...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thefiercekid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itps4t/seeing_thumbsdb_and_desktopini_files_on_my/
  9. There is a file simply called "debug" sitting on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a file simply called "debug" sitting on my desktop.: I am wondering if i should delete this but am worried if this will damage my system. It has been here since March 2018, when i go to its properties, it says it is a .log file and was created through notepad. It has full access security, i have scanned it with McAfee AntiVirus...
  10. Desktop is hidden (Help)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop is hidden (Help): Our cat stepped on the keyboard something from F5 to delete button randomly. The icons were either hidden or deleted or something else and when I try to hold and drag LMB to select multiple apps, the blue square doesn't show up. How do I restore everything back to normal?...