Windows 10: Application closes after few hours of work...

Discus and support Application closes after few hours of work... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated windows 20H2. After a few days, my applications started closing automatically. There was very random errors like out of memory,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Deneshraj S, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Application closes after few hours of work...

I recently updated windows 20H2. After a few days, my applications started closing automatically. There was very random errors like out of memory, localbridge.exe fatal error, and application errors too. WIndows support told me to do sfc /scannow and it ran but no improvements. DISM restorehealth did not even run at the first place. Again they told to clear drive c temporary files and it didn't work. Then they told me to do system recovery, it made apps close automatically without errors shown. Some of the main application closing are browsers Google chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, then microsoft powerpoint. Adobe reader is working fine. Apart from these, i have done full system scan and chkdsk too. No improvements with any of the methods. Please help me with this problem.

:)

Deneshraj S, Jan 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Sleep closes applications

Hi Gonzo,

Improper power configuration or outdated BIOS are some of the factors that can prevent the sleep function to work properly. As an initial step to prevent the programs/applications from closing upon wake up, we suggest that you reset
    the power settings to default. To do this follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Preferred plans, click the Change plan settings link for the plan that you're currently using.
    • Click the Restore default settings for this plan link. Click
      Yes if prompted.
    • Click the Save changes button.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

In the event that you encounter the same issue, our next option is to check if
    BIOS is updated. To do this, we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer or check their support site on how to properly update it.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 23, 2021
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Application closes after few hours of work...

Application to test CPU

I`m looking for an application to test if my CPU is working properly. Any suggestions, guys? *Smile Application closes after few hours of work... :)

WojtasRed, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Application closes after few hours of work...

1. Application closes after few hours of work... - Similar Threads - Application closes few

2. Laptop shuts down after a few hours of the lid staying closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down after a few hours of the lid staying closed: I'm experiencing this issue on two Lenovo laptops running Windows 11; one is running on 23H2 22631.3007.When I close the lid, the laptop behaves as expected. The screen turns off, and the laptop enters sleep mode, with the power button light flashing slowly to indicate that....
  3. Laptop shuts down after a few hours of the lid staying closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down after a few hours of the lid staying closed: I'm experiencing this issue on two Lenovo laptops running Windows 11; one is running on 23H2 22631.3007.When I close the lid, the laptop behaves as expected. The screen turns off, and the laptop enters sleep mode, with the power button light flashing slowly to indicate that....
  4. Laptop shuts down / hibernates after a few hours of the lid staying closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down / hibernates after a few hours of the lid staying closed: I'm experiencing this issue on two Lenovo laptops running Windows 11; one is running on 23H2 22631.3007.When I close the lid, the laptop behaves as expected. The screen turns off, and the laptop enters sleep mode, with the power button light flashing slowly to indicate that....
  5. Laptop shuts down / hibernates after a few hours of the lid staying closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down / hibernates after a few hours of the lid staying closed: I'm experiencing this issue on two Lenovo laptops running Windows 11; one is running on 23H2 22631.3007.When I close the lid, the laptop behaves as expected. The screen turns off, and the laptop enters sleep mode, with the power button light flashing slowly to indicate that....
  6. Applications closes automatically after few seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applications closes automatically after few seconds: I have a problem that closes applications automatically and I have tried everything but nothing works I've tried this but it didn't work. Anybody else have this issue and how can I resolve this? I can't even factory reset my PC because the reset window will close itself...
  7. Applications closes automatically after few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications closes automatically after few seconds: I have a problem that closes applications automatically and I have tried everything but nothing works I've tried this but it didn't work. Anybody else have this issue and how can I resolve this? I can't even factory reset my PC because the reset window will close itself...
  8. Some applications close after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some applications close after a few seconds.: Hello, first of all, I am a first-time user of this subreddit, so sorry if this is in the wrong category or something like that. Also, sorry if I missed some topic that discusses this problem, but I didn't find any, that worked for me. Today, I encountered a problem, where...
  9. Application closing on its own every 72 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application closing on its own every 72 hours: Hello, Our company users windows 10 PC to run a radio dispatch console application. With out fail every 72 hours our application is closed by windows. No crash report no lock up or anything. It revieves a close message from windows for some reason. We have checked...
  10. Memory leak after a few hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak after a few hours: Hey, I have this weird issue with my OS. I have 16GB of RAM and whenever I boot the OS the RAM usage is 14%. After a few hours the memory usage is going to 30%+ although there isn't any program that uses that much. I can't know which program causing this because it...