Windows 10: Application closing on its own every 72 hours

Discus and support Application closing on its own every 72 hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Our company users windows 10 PC to run a radio dispatch console application. With out fail every 72 hours our application is closed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jsimpson90, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Application closing on its own every 72 hours

Hello,

Our company users windows 10 PC to run a radio dispatch console application. With out fail every 72 hours our application is closed by windows. No crash report no lock up or anything. It revieves a close message from windows for some reason. We have checked everything with no luck. PCs are running win 10 pro 20h2. All drivers and patches have been confirmed as up to date.

:)

Jsimpson90, Feb 8, 2021

2. Sleep closes applications

Hi Gonzo,

Improper power configuration or outdated BIOS are some of the factors that can prevent the sleep function to work properly. As an initial step to prevent the programs/applications from closing upon wake up, we suggest that you reset
    the power settings to default. To do this follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Preferred plans, click the Change plan settings link for the plan that you're currently using.
    • Click the Restore default settings for this plan link. Click
      Yes if prompted.
    • Click the Save changes button.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

In the event that you encounter the same issue, our next option is to check if
    BIOS is updated. To do this, we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer or check their support site on how to properly update it.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Feb 8, 2021
  3. N97 mini close application

In order to save battery I attempt to close all unneeded applications. Under Options|Show open apps. I see an question mark icon for an open application. When I close this application it momentarily disappears from the list the next time, however, when I
    select Options|Show open apps. it is there again.

How can I forcibly close an ill-behaving application?

theking2---01, Feb 8, 2021
  4. AndreePin Win User

Application closing on its own every 72 hours

WIndows 10 minimizing applications without permission.

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your query, kindly provide the following below:

• Are there any specific apps of which it automatically closes?
    • What are the basic troubleshooting steps you already did?
    In the meantime, what I can suggest is for you to try the instructions on the community provided by
    Jesinta Rozario through this
    link.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Application closing on its own every 72 hours

1. Application closing on its own every 72 hours - Similar Threads - Application closing own

2. Touchpad disables after "ghost" application opens and closes on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad disables after "ghost" application opens and closes on its own: This problem has been occurring for a while, and has happened even after installing fresh Windows 10. The device is a Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen. There is no specific time that this will occur expect that its always within 10 minutes of opening the lid, whether its sleeping...
  3. Touchpad disables after "ghost" application opens and closes on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad disables after "ghost" application opens and closes on its own: This problem has been occurring for a while, and has happened even after installing fresh Windows 10. The device is a Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen. There is no specific time that this will occur expect that its always within 10 minutes of opening the lid, whether its sleeping...
  4. Touchpad disables after "ghost" application opens and closes on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  6. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  7. Windows 10 has an after hours party and opens applications on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has an after hours party and opens applications on its own: Lenovo Yoga 9i 14ITL5Windows 10 Version 21H1Win Features Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0Over the past 2 weeks my Windows 10 install has gone from stable to possessed. The first issue is a random system freeze. I got annoyed lazy and did a windows recovery and reset the pc and...
  8. Windows 10 has an after hours party and opens applications on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 has an after hours party and opens applications on its own: Lenovo Yoga 9i 14ITL5Windows 10 Version 21H1Win Features Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0Over the past 2 weeks my Windows 10 install has gone from stable to possessed. The first issue is a random system freeze. I got annoyed lazy and did a windows recovery and reset the pc and...
  9. windows settings closing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings closing on its own: when i open my settings and click on a category the settings app just closes on itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-closing-on-its-own/f7e242d2-72be-4c4e-90bc-197bd7917709
  10. Windows keeps refreshing on its own every couple of hours.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps refreshing on its own every couple of hours.: For some reason, Windows will keep refreshing on its own at intervals of a couple of hours. This does not affect the functionalities of most programs, but a few older programs are affected. Additionally, I checked to see if this was a result of any programs crashing or...