Windows 10: Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

Discus and support Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just bought and installed a new Brother multi-function printer tro replace a broken Canon printer. Installed the drivers and the printer is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chjohans, Oct 29, 2019.

1. chjohans Win User

Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

Just bought and installed a new Brother multi-function printer tro replace a broken Canon printer. Installed the drivers and the printer is working fine. The scanned function works as well.

But when I install "Brother iPrint & Scan", which is a software package that gives you more control of the scanning process, this software will not start. The process just terminates, and I find the following in Event Viewer:

Event 1026, .NET Runtime

Application: Brother iPrint&Scan.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(System.String, System.String, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create()

at Rodem.UI.Wpf.Services.ApplicationAuthenticationService.GetApplicationAuthenticationFile()

at Rodem.UI.Wpf.Services.ApplicationAuthenticationService+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<SetAuthenticationInfo>b__0()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)

at Rodem.UI.Wpf.Services.ApplicationAuthenticationService+<SetAuthenticationInfo>d__9.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)

at Rodem.UI.Wpf.Services.ApplicationAuthenticationService+<MarkAsAuthenticated>d__5.MoveNext()

at Rodem.UI.Core.Services.ApplicationAuthenticator+<Authenticate>d__8.MoveNext()

Exception Info: System.AggregateException

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetResultCore(Boolean)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].get_Result()

at Rodem.UI.Wpf.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at Rodem.UI.Wpf.App.Main()

Event 1000, Application Error

Faulting application name: Brother iPrint&Scan.exe, version: 4.4.0.33, time stamp: 0x5d4cfad9
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.356, time stamp: 0x8c4198ab
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x00113522
    Faulting process id: 0x1eb0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d58ea92f1d9c51
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Brother\iPrint&Scan\Brother iPrint&Scan.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 4834c575-85e7-42d8-b2e4-01a0fd98199d
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Brother's tech support is useless and all they can suggest is to reinstall Windows 10, which I'm not gonna do.

Does anyone have any suggestion re what could be wrong and how to solve this?

:)

chjohans, Oct 29, 2019

2. wireless printing application

There is a free application called iPrint&Scan for Brother Printers. I know nothing about it except you need a Brother Printer.

Brother iPrint&Scan is a free application that lets you print from and scan to your Windows Phone 7 device. Use your local wireless network to connect your Windows Phone 7 device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. For a list of supported models,
    please visit your local Brother website.

Windows 10 Upgrade & Updates for Your Windows 8.1 Mobile Device | Microsoft

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 29, 2019
  3. mb715 Win User
    Scanned documents not appearing on windows 10

Im using” brother iprint & scan light”that shows up on my menu listings

mb715, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

Why doesn't Windows Fax and Scan see my Brother DCP printer/scanner?

I received an error message: "You need a WIA driver to use this device. Please install it from the installation CD or manufacturer's website and try again."

After updating the driver from Brother, I now have an app 'Brother iprint@scan" that allowed me to scan from the Brother. The process above did not work even after installing the new driver. Computers are soo simple and easy to use - or not! Thanks for
    your suggestion.

Gary &amp; me, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

1. Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan - Similar Threads - Application crash Brother

2. Brother iPrint&Scan.exe crashes when saving files to local machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother iPrint&Scan.exe crashes when saving files to local machine: I just wanted to capture this somewhere in case someone else runs into this issue...TLDR: I renamed my user, but not all references to core folders documents, pictures, etc. were updated, causing the tool to crash by not finding and not gracefully handling a folder.Detail:At...
  3. Brother iPrint&Scan.exe crashes when saving files to local machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother iPrint&Scan.exe crashes when saving files to local machine: I just wanted to capture this somewhere in case someone else runs into this issue...TLDR: I renamed my user, but not all references to core folders documents, pictures, etc. were updated, causing the tool to crash by not finding and not gracefully handling a folder.Detail:At...
  4. Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem

Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem: I have a Brother MFC 490CW all-in-one using Windows 11. My unit is malfunctioning in the Scan to Email, Scan to OCR, Scan to Image functions. However, the Scan to File option is working.In comparing the Windows 10 versus Windows 11 software download offerings for this model...
  5. Grant permission to Brother iPrint&Scan software to save to my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Grant permission to Brother iPrint&Scan software to save to my Documents folder: I just setup a new Brother ADS-1250W scanner on my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 64-bit system. I'm using the scanning software Brother iPrint&Scan. I can save scanned files to OneDrive no problem. But when I try to save to my Documents folder, I get this error message:...
  6. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  7. Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan: Just bought and installed a new Brother multi-function printer to replace a broken Canon printer. Installed the full and updated package from their website and the printer is working fine. The scanning function works as well. But when I install the bundled software "Brother...
  8. Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan: Just bought and installed a new Brother multi-function printer tro replace a broken Canon printer. Installed the drivers and the printer is working fine. The scanned function works as well. But when I install "Brother iPrint & Scan", which is a software package that gives...
  9. Windows 10 et Numérisation avec Logiciel "BROTHER iprint&scan light": code erreur 0x80070426.

Windows 10 et Numérisation avec Logiciel "BROTHER iprint&scan light": code erreur 0x80070426.: NOTA: MICROSOFT WORD imprime correctement donc pas de pb de connexion ! MERCI pour votre aide. TRES VIFS Remerciements anticipés https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-et-num%C3%A9risation-avec-logiciel/6939dcf1-df12-4e85-9a57-53588b7c74b3
  10. Scanning on Brother machine to W 10

Scanning on Brother machine to W 10: Cannot link Brother MFC-L8690CDW to PC using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-on-brother-machine-to-w-10/b0b8082d-030a-4cd0-983d-380bba00658e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brother iprint and scan crashing in windows 10