Windows 10: Application credentials are not remembered by Windows after update

Discus and support Application credentials are not remembered by Windows after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After the windows update I am facing a irritating issue that my credentialsOutlookO365, Skype, MS-SQL server and other several apps are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Devanand Sivagnanam, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Application credentials are not remembered by Windows after update

Hi,

After the windows update I am facing a irritating issue that my credentialsOutlookO365, Skype, MS-SQL server and other several apps are not stored. The worst is being Outlook 2019, every two hours I have to close and repoen the outlook to make it work and each time I have to enter my account password. When I do restart that's it, all the credentials including chrome where I Signed in using my google were wipeed off, I have to enter for all the app I work. Sometimes it says your account require attention in settings.

I tried few arounds which were floating on the forum but nothing worked out for me.

Update Version : WIndows 10 Version 20H2 - KB4598242.

Application credentials are not remembered by Windows after update 75165767-e4c1-47f8-9599-d36cf2112f4a?upload=true.jpg Application credentials are not remembered by Windows after update 05ac3618-5225-4572-9a8e-8f460fbcb7f9?upload=true.jpg

:)

Devanand Sivagnanam, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Application credentials are not remembered by Windows after update

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Application credentials are not remembered by Windows after update

1. Application credentials are not remembered by Windows after update - Similar Threads - Application credentials are

2. Windows remembers credentials for mapping network drives even when "Remember Credentials"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows remembers credentials for mapping network drives even when "Remember Credentials"...: There must be hundreds of posts complaining about Windows asking for credentials for various reasons: despite the fact that password protected sharing is turned off, for example.I am having the opposite problem. Windows is saving credentials for my network shares and...
  3. windows credentials not updated after clicking save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows credentials not updated after clicking save: When I try to update my password for MicrosoftAccount:user=<username> in windows credentials, it does not seem to be saved. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?...
  4. Remember the admin credentials for a specific executable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remember the admin credentials for a specific executable: Hello,I have one executable which will be installed on client's machine. This exe requires Admin access to perform some of its task.The general user will not have a Admin access everytime, so during its first use if admin allows its access, I want this access to be preserved...
  5. Remember the admin credentials for a specific executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remember the admin credentials for a specific executable: Hello,I have one executable which will be installed on client's machine. This exe requires Admin access to perform some of its task.The general user will not have a Admin access everytime, so during its first use if admin allows its access, I want this access to be preserved...
  6. Remember the admin credentials for a specific executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10, Outlook 2019 and other applications forget credentials after Windows 10 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, Outlook 2019 and other applications forget credentials after Windows 10 update...: Windows 10, Outlook 2019 and other applications forget credentials after Windows 10 update to version 2004. Immediately after I updated my new, simple and perfectly working PC to version 2004 of Windows 10 update in August 2020, I started receiving the notification that I...
  8. Credential Manager Will Not Remember ANY Passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Credential Manager Will Not Remember ANY Passwords: I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro to version 2004 several weeks ago. Starting last week I noticed that credential manager has stopped remembering ALL passwords, including those not associated with Microsoft. I read several threads about this issue, but was unable to find a...
  9. login credential issue after window update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login credential issue after window update: After an Update few minutes ago, I could not log back into my others protected files like MS Excel sheets, True Key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-credential-issue-after-window-update/03bf8586-f40b-44e0-af50-2896bd52636d
  10. Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials: I have a mapped drive point to a static IP address for a server to enable file access when offsite. I am trying to set up a new surface pro 4 using windows 10 pro build 1803 and it keeps asking for credentials everytime i log out and in on the SP4. I mapped it in file...