Windows 10: Application Data 13 levels deep

Discus and support Application Data 13 levels deep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently my C:\ drive lost 3GB. Still haven't figure out why, but whilst searching I came across this strange issue. If I go to c:\users and look in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wobitancrawfodi, May 10, 2020.

1. Application Data 13 levels deep

Recently my C:\ drive lost 3GB. Still haven't figure out why, but whilst searching I came across this strange issue.

If I go to c:\users and look in the All Users hidden folder I will see a folder called Application Data which is a junction to C:\ProgramData. If I cd to that hidden Application Data folder I will see another hidden Application Data junction that again points to C:\ProgramData. And so on until I get to 13 levels of Application Data folders.

If I look at if from the C:\ drive I see a hidden folder called Documents and Settings. In that folder is a hidden folder called All Users which is a symlink to C:\ProgramData. In All Users is a hidden folder called Application Data which points to C:\ProgramData, and so on down 13 levels of Application Data folders.

Eg. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data>

At the 13th level is a folder called Battle.Net. That should be there. If I look at the contents of c:\programdata\battle.net I see files as I would expect.

If I dir from the command line from the above path (13 levels of application data), it says that the Battle.net folder is empty. If I attempt to cd into batlle.net is says the file or folder does not exist.

Perhaps I've hit the maximum length of the path at that point.

So I went back one level and did rd "application data". Then dir /ah. It now says The system cannot find the path specified.

Going back to C:\Users\All Users, the entire path is now gone. Have I just broken Windows?

So, without reinstalling windows how do I resolve this?

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, May 10, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

OneNote REST API now supports application-level permissions

Source: The OneNote REST API now supports application-level permissions - Office Blogs

Brink, May 10, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Microphone connection with Dragon 13 and Windows 10

Hi Michael,

One of the possible cause to this issue is compatibility conflict. Some user reports that the latest version of Dragon 13 doesn't require Compatibility mode in order to run correctly. We suggest turning off Compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Locate Dragon 13 shortcut and right click it.
    • Select Properties from the list.
    • Click on Compatibility tab and locate Run this program in compatibility mode for and uncheck it.
    • Click OK to save the changes and try running the application again.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, May 10, 2020
  4. Application Data 13 levels deep

Remove PUP application from DVD Drive (FApplication Data 13 levels deep :) CDROM

Unfortunately, that's how Disk Clean ends.

If you want to check - run it again to see if there's is anything to clean (look at the size on items in the list - small size means only a bit has accumulated since the last run - large means something wasn't cleaned)
    Disk Clean / extended goes deep, that's why I suggested that you run it first.

I'd say just move on to the next step: cCleaner, since you're in the cleaning phase.

Ok, onward and upward!

Slartybart, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Application Data 13 levels deep

1. Application Data 13 levels deep - Similar Threads - Application Data levels

2. How to copy or move a folder too "deep"19 levels

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy or move a folder too "deep"19 levels: On one Windows 10 computer, I have a folder with 19 levels of subfolders this is a Genealogy file. This folder is functional, opens and closes, etc. The only drawback of the multileveled structure is minimal: somewhere below the 15th level, I cannot rename the file. I'd like...
  3. How to copy or move a folder too "deep"19 levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy or move a folder too "deep"19 levels: On one Windows 10 computer, I have a folder with 19 levels of subfolders this is a Genealogy file. This folder is functional, opens and closes, etc. The only drawback of the multileveled structure is minimal: somewhere below the 15th level, I cannot rename the file. I'd like...
  4. How to copy or move a folder too "deep"19 levels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels: I use the Windows alarm every morning to wake me up and at my normal audio of 20 it just doesn't cut it, so every night I have to turn my volume up all the way and turn down other applications that use audio to keep them at normal levels, however, it seems like having the...
  6. Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels

Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels: I use the Windows alarm every morning to wake me up and at my normal audio of 20 it just doesn't cut it, so every night I have to turn my volume up all the way and turn down other applications that use audio to keep them at normal levels, however, it seems like having the...
  7. Promote Application Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Promote Application Data: What is this folder for? When I opened it, all I found was a string of characters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/promote-application-data/9146ae25-9542-4407-b485-16a3dfef48f0
  8. Promote Application Data

Promote Application Data: What is this folder for? When I opened it, all I found was a string of characters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/promote-application-data/9146ae25-9542-4407-b485-16a3dfef48f0
  9. Printer ink levels data

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer ink levels data: On windows vista I could get a display of my printer's ink levels. I can't find it on windows 10. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ink-levels-data/15c85a34-492a-4d53-a6e8-6dab599785c3
  10. Application Data permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Application Data permissions: I was trying to look at C:\ProgramData\Application Data but got an "access is denied" exception. So I right-clicked and opened Application Data Properties/Security and tried to change the Administrator permissions, but after I checked the box for full permissions and then...