Windows 10: Application displayed off the screen on docked PC

Discus and support Application displayed off the screen on docked PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, one off my domain user has problem. When pc is on docking station. It will go after while using act like there is one virtual desktop open. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jmm82, Aug 9, 2019.

1. jmm82 Win User

Application displayed off the screen on docked PC

Hi,

one off my domain user has problem. When pc is on docking station. It will go after while using act like there is one virtual desktop open. But when i check that there is not vd open. it will open example outlook new mail window some where. I see on toolbar that there is new mail window open but if click that it wont show up. also i only see clock on toolbar not notifications icon etc. only way to get rid of this is that i take computer off from docking station and then but it back. Is there setting that example some software loike outlook will open another vd? or what can do to ger rid of that "feature"?

***Original Title: Win 10 pc act' s like there is virtula desktop open***

:)

jmm82, Aug 9, 2019

2. Display dock as a PC?

I am seriously hesitating between 950XL & Display Dock, Surface, Book, HP E3 and so on. MSFT, stop it! Application displayed off the screen on docked PC :)

I wonder if there is going to be a Display Dock 2 with extra RAM, CPU and storage? Phone is not there yet to replace a full PC, but if combined with extra power from the Dock - why not? And then just a monitor/keyboard/mouse! It would be such a dream! No
    PC at all. I need some Win7 software for work, plus max mobility. Continuum sounds like a step in the right direction.

Anything like this possible (or planned, or exists)?

YuriYakushko, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Lumia 950xl and display dock

Hello Joe,

For us to be able isolate your concern, have you already tried to update the Display Dock? To update the Display Dock connect the Display Dock through the USB Type-C connector. On the phone, navigate to the
    Gadgets app and choose the HD-500 listed on the menu.

Once the app is open choose the ellipsis ('…') at the bottom of the display and click
    Check for updates.

The phone will then take over and download the new firmware and install it to the HD-500 Display Dock. Users are instructed to unplug then the power cord to the Display Dock to refresh the software.

We will be waiting for an update.

Gerald Mal, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Application displayed off the screen on docked PC

screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Application displayed off the screen on docked PC

1. Application displayed off the screen on docked PC - Similar Threads - Application displayed off

2. Screens via docking station is detected, but doesn't display anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screens via docking station is detected, but doesn't display anything: I got my new work pc HP ZBook Fury 16 G10 Mobile Workstation - with Windows 11 and docking station HP USB-C G5 last friday.I have two Dell Ultrawide 34" screens connected to the docking station via mini displayport to displayport. First time I plugged it in, it worked...
  3. Screens via docking station is detected, but doesn't display anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screens via docking station is detected, but doesn't display anything: I got my new work pc HP ZBook Fury 16 G10 Mobile Workstation - with Windows 11 and docking station HP USB-C G5 last friday.I have two Dell Ultrawide 34" screens connected to the docking station via mini displayport to displayport. First time I plugged it in, it worked...
  4. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  5. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  6. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Multiple displays not working with a docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple displays not working with a docking station: I can always connect one monitor at a time, but once I connect a second, both displays go black #3 and #2, #1 and #4 are the laptop screens. What does it mean that #2 is grayed out?...
  8. Applications opening off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications opening off screen: Hello, Do you have, like me, a lot of applications opening off-screen? I do have a dual monitor setup and from times to times an app would launch but not appear on any of my two screens. The application icon is in the task bar and upon cliking it do it's animation but...
  9. Display Settings on Docking Stations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings on Docking Stations: Hi all, My organisation has recently used to Windows 10 and our estate is largely made up of Surface pro 4's, 6's and surface laptop 2's. we use these with the surface docking station with mini display ports to connect to 2 monitors. i have set most of the display...
  10. Windows 10 and Docking Display Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and Docking Display Settings: Hello there, I have a HP EliteBook 840 and a HP 2013 Ultra Slim Docking station. Problem is when i un-dock my laptop the screen stays black, its working in the background but the screen is just black. Can you help please? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro cutting off part of screen in software