Windows 10: Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do?

Discus and support Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, everyone, i keep having (especially specifically with Krita) the problem that i download the app, but after a while the logo is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by steppenwolftanz, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do?

Hello, everyone,

i keep having (especially specifically with Krita) the problem that i download the app, but after a while the logo is no longer displayed, only a white sheet (see picture). For the most part, the apps still work smoothly, although there are problems with file storage. What does this mean? Why is that? How can it be fixed?

Thanks again!

Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do? 0_big.png

:)

steppenwolftanz, Jul 9, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 9, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do?

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do?

1. Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do? - Similar Threads - Application does appear

2. Search menu application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu application icons do not appear: After the last Windows update, I noticed that some applications do not have their icon in the search menu. It only happens with my account on all PCs. I have already deleted the account and created it again. It happens randomly. Sometimes it appears but then disappears...
  3. Search menu application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search menu application icons do not appear: After the last Windows update, I noticed that some applications do not have their icon in the search menu. It only happens with my account on all PCs. I have already deleted the account and created it again. It happens randomly. Sometimes it appears but then disappears...
  4. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear: I have a problem for three weeks is that the taskbar does not appear the icons ce windows applications as configuration among others, just as I can not open the Windows window neither with the keyboard nor pressing with the mause on it, and the desktop when the system starts...
  5. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear: I have a problem for three weeks is that the taskbar does not appear the icons ce windows applications as configuration among others, just as I can not open the Windows window neither with the keyboard nor pressing with the mause on it, and the desktop when the system starts...
  6. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No icons appear on desktop

No icons appear on desktop: Files don't appear on desktop but do in the desktop folder in the file explorer. The recycle bin icon turned into that gray rectangle at the top of the desktop that stretches the entire width of the screen. Icons don't appear in the desktop icon settings....
  8. No icons appear on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No icons appear on the desktop: When I open Microsoft, the desktop is completely blank. None of the icons or shortcuts appear. When I try to add one, nothing shows up, but it is indicated that the shortcut already exists. How do I get my original desktop back?...
  9. Applications icon do not appear

in Cortana
    Applications icon do not appear: Hey, In the search bar, when you type settings, camera, Microsoft edge, the app icons do not appear. Below are a few screenshots attached. However, for externally downloaded apps like Whatsapp, chrome the icon appears. If I download Netflix from Microsoft store the same...
  10. What does it mean "Stablish as icon application"?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does it mean "Stablish as icon application"?: Greetings guys... Whenever I open Photos app from Windows 10, then right clicking on a picture it does show the option " Stablish as icon application ". It may differ a little bit since I do not have the OS as english language but when I selected such option nothing did...