Windows 10: Application does not open with new build of Windows 10

Discus and support Application does not open with new build of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I have an application that run correctly with the Windows build version 18362 but I update to 18363 and the application does not open anymore.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sergio EymardMiranda, May 3, 2020.

1. Application does not open with new build of Windows 10

Hi!

I have an application that run correctly with the Windows build version 18362 but I update to 18363 and the application does not open anymore.

Does anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advanced!

:)

Sergio EymardMiranda, May 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 3, 2020
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, May 3, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Application does not open with new build of Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Application does not open with new build of Windows 10

1. Application does not open with new build of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Application does open

2. Opening New Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening New Application: Hello, I recently reverted back to windows 10 from 11 due to audio issues that I couldn't resolve.My machine runs much faster, however any time I open a chat window steam/discord or a new chrome browser any for that matter the default selection isn't in the text field. I.E....
  3. Opening New Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening New Application: Hello, I recently reverted back to windows 10 from 11 due to audio issues that I couldn't resolve.My machine runs much faster, however any time I open a chat window steam/discord or a new chrome browser any for that matter the default selection isn't in the text field. I.E....
  4. Windows 10 applications not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 applications not opening: Basically all of the apps in the right that are not highlighted in the screen shot don't open at all can someone please tell me how to make it work eg: photos, microsoft store, weather, mail and so on...
  5. Windows 10 for a new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 for a new build: What is the best format for windows 10 64bit that will be installed in a new build computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-for-a-new-build/38c707da-a2ac-4faf-ab5a-55b2bac1f804
  6. windows 10 new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 new build: I built a new machine and win 10 has not been stable. Event viewer is all software errors. Have re-installed the os but nothing has changed. Is it possible to have gotten a bad install usb stick?...
  7. New Applications Not Opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Applications Not Opening: Laptop: MSI ge62 6qd, 16gb memory, ssd and hdd, 64 bit, Intel i7 processor, Windows 10 Recently I've come across the same issue with two completely different programs where I install them and run them but they don't open. The background process for each shows up in my task...
  8. Excel application does not open!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel application does not open!: Hello, After updating to V. 1809, an application in Excel opens at 5% of the time normally and when it is not, only a blank page is displayed. I enclose some screens where the position from where I start the Excel application is indicated. Thanks for every help. [img]...
  9. Excel application does not open!

in Windows 10 News
    Excel application does not open!: Hello, After updating to V. 1809, an application in Excel opens at 5% of the time normally and when it is not, only a blank page is displayed. I enclose some screens where the position from where I start the Excel application is indicated. Thanks for every help. [img]...
  10. Internet does not work on new build

in Browsers and Email
    Internet does not work on new build: Installed Win 10 technical preview and my Internet Explorer does not work. Message saying :Cannot find Cloud drive". 5660