Windows 10: Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive

Discus and support Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Not sure if this is Office related, or otherwise due to the faulting module being Windows.UI.FileExplorer.dll I have begun experiencing Application... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by DavidAdamson, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive

Not sure if this is Office related, or otherwise due to the faulting module being Windows.UI.FileExplorer.dll

I have begun experiencing Application Errors from both Word and Outlook on multiple computers when browsing a network drive. This is happening intermittently, but frequently.
    For Word, it can occur when selecting a network drive location to save or open a file, and for Outlook, it is when selecting a file attachment from the network drive. In both instances, the office application closes down. In word, there is no recovery file.

I am running Windows 10 with all latest updates installed. I have installed the latest round of Office 365 updates and the issue is still occurring. eg Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.12325.20144) 32-bit

I have run an online repair for Office, issue is still occurring

Example event logs below:

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.12228.20290, time stamp: 0x5dda2fde
    Faulting module name: Windows.UI.FileExplorer.dll, version: 10.0.18362.449, time stamp: 0x5dac51b9
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000553a
    Faulting process ID: 0x1cf0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b0b86f6df70d
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.FileExplorer.dll
    Report ID: 0a384a25-69ff-41d3-925a-6d85f41f3330
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: WINWORD.EXE, version: 16.0.12228.20290, time stamp: 0x5dda254b
    Faulting module name: Windows.UI.FileExplorer.dll, version: 10.0.18362.449, time stamp: 0x5dac51b9
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000553a
    Faulting process ID: 0x2cd4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b0b54a8e8a57
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.FileExplorer.dll
    Report ID: 7682ffc6-9f54-497a-ab0a-8e153c81a74f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

:)

DavidAdamson, Dec 20, 2019

2. Can't see network drive in Outlook

Hi

I can see it on my File Explorer as a shared network drive under This PC and Quick Access. But when I go into outlook and try to attach a file it does not show in the list of drives. You cannot do this in other Microsoft Applications like Word or Excel
    anyway Can you?

Regards

Colin

ColinSanderson, Dec 20, 2019
  3. PGR
    PGR Win User
    outlook opens word?

If you use a version of Outlook prior to v. 2007, there's a checkbox in one of the preferences tabs which controls this. You can choose Word or Outlook Editor.

V. 2007 no longer includes Outlook Editor, though. It has it's own 'light' verson of Word 2007 built in.

Pete

4. Silverel Win User

Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive

outlook opens word?

Yes it does. *Smile Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive :) Outlook uses word for message composition.

Silverel, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive

1. Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive - Similar Threads - Application Error Word

2. File Explorer of Windows 10 Automatically Closed when Browsing Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer of Windows 10 Automatically Closed when Browsing Network Drive: Hi, we have experienced that File Explorer of Windows 10 automatically closed after a certain time when browsing our drives of file server. I found that this problem would not occur for browsing local drives and OneDrive. May I know what the issue is and how to fix the...
  3. File Explorer of Windows 10 Automatically Closed when Browsing Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer of Windows 10 Automatically Closed when Browsing Network Drive: Hi, we have experienced that File Explorer of Windows 10 automatically closed after a certain time when browsing our drives of file server. I found that this problem would not occur for browsing local drives and OneDrive. May I know what the issue is and how to fix the...
  4. File Explorer of Windows 10 Automatically Closed when Browsing Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. word application

word application: Hi , I've got a problem in my WORD app , it is always appear a message of an error in the application that prevent word from working , and then I am forced to choose " repair now " option or " cancel " , I have tried a lot of ways but it is not working at all !please help me...
  6. Network Browsing, or Not

Network Browsing, or Not: In another thread, Mr. Ed observed that the Windows network browsing service is intentionally disabled in Windows 10. Windows network browsing (My Network Places, Network Neighborhood) is wholly dependent on SMBv1. SMBv1 is not enabled in Windows 10 and therefore Windows...
  7. Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive - Faulting module name:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive - Faulting module name:...: Hi. Recently a number of computers I manage have begun experiencing Application Errors from both Word and Outlook when browsing a network drive. This is happening intermittently, but frequently. For Word, it can occur when selecting a network drive location to save or open a...
  8. Word 2016 Crashes when Browsing for a File in Mail Merge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word 2016 Crashes when Browsing for a File in Mail Merge: I have a user in the organization that is experiencing crashes with Word 2016. She is trying to use the Mail Merge function and gets to Step 3 where she can browse for an existing list. However, when Browse is clicked, Word completely closes and no error message pops up. Any...
  9. Yellow info panel when browsing Network

Yellow info panel when browsing Network: File sharing is turned off. Some network devices and printers might not be visible. Click to change.. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello! I appreciate your help with disabling an annoying...
  10. Intermittent "Not connected to a network" errors while browsing

Intermittent "Not connected to a network" errors while browsing: Hi, new here and have a new windows 10 (factory installed) PC HP desktop computer with Comcast Wifi internet modem and wired Ethernet connection. I don't know much about computers, but I'm having a constant problem that I can't seem to solve. No computer experts close to...