Windows 10: Application Errors on startup

Discus and support Application Errors on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I received 3 application errors on the login screen after startup: WerFault.exe - Application Error The instruction at 0x00007FFEF8158AC6 referenced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carl7887, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Carl7887 Win User

Application Errors on startup

I received 3 application errors on the login screen after startup:

WerFault.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FFEF8158AC6 referenced memory at 0x00007FF6EF4EA64C. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

sihost.exe - Application Error

The instruction 0x00007FFEF8158AC6 referenced memory at 0x00007FF6EF4EA64C. The memory could not be read.

NVDisplay.Container.exe - Application Error

The exception Privileged instruction. (0xc0000096) occurred in the application at location 0x0000000062B6B5B6.

What is this and how do I fix it?

:)

Carl7887, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Getting an app error on startup.

Hi,

To address your concern on startup application error, you can disable
    7d67b.65e857
    on startup. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on taskbar.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Click Startup tab.
    • Right-click 7d67b.65e857, and then choose Disable.

Let us know how it goes.

Meliton Dec, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Startup Error

Hi Abishek,

Thank you for writing your concern in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you in troubleshooting the issue. With the information that you’ve provided, it looks like there could be some third part conflict or corrupt Windows files which is causing the error.

I suggest you to perform the following method and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Perform Startup Repair. Follow the steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on
      Restart
      from login screen.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Select Advanced Options.

• Select Startup Repair and follow the on screen instructions.
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Application Errors on startup - Similar Threads - Application Errors startup

2. Application Freezing on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Freezing on Startup: Greetings, I'm encountering a frustrating issue where one of my essential applications freezes every time I attempt to launch it. This problem started occurring suddenly without any recent changes to my system. I've tried reinstalling the application and updating my operating...
  3. Application Freezing on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Freezing on Startup: Greetings, I'm encountering a frustrating issue where one of my essential applications freezes every time I attempt to launch it. This problem started occurring suddenly without any recent changes to my system. I've tried reinstalling the application and updating my operating...
  4. Startup application doesn't startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup application doesn't startup: Hi there,I'm wanting Discord to startup when I start my computer. It used to startup and open when I started the computer / logged in. But all of a sudden it never does and I have to manually start it. I have tried running Windows + R then shell:startup and adding the discord...
  5. Startup application doesn't startup

Startup application doesn't startup: Hi there,I'm wanting Discord to startup when I start my computer. It used to startup and open when I started the computer / logged in. But all of a sudden it never does and I have to manually start it. I have tried running Windows + R then shell:startup and adding the discord...
  6. Startup Applications - inconsistency in application representation and removal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Applications - inconsistency in application representation and removal.: Hi Microsoft team,I would like to understand in the Startup Applications what the blank Program files are and how I can identify them to potentially remove them?Alternatively, why the icons for certain applications are not showing?...
  7. Startup Applications - inconsistency in application representation and removal.

Startup Applications - inconsistency in application representation and removal.: Hi Microsoft team,I would like to understand in the Startup Applications what the blank Program files are and how I can identify them to potentially remove them?Alternatively, why the icons for certain applications are not showing?...
  8. Open Applications at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Applications at startup: I want the following applications started automatically as I open my Windows 10 desktopMS OutlookWhatsApp and Your Phone CompanionPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-applications-at-startup/b43d3547-64de-4819-9886-aa12fcd3005c
  9. Settings / applications on startup / suspicious application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings / applications on startup / suspicious application: Hi I wonder why my computer run slow and why my Disc is often 100%. I found out app with suspitious name in application on startup - a turned it off but i wonder what is it. Thank you for your reply. [ATTACH]...
  10. application startup

application startup: When I try to start up an application a box pops up asking for an applicationsttart up passcode. Ho can I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-startup/76531738-f0b0-442b-a775-272cfe746dac