Windows 10: Application/everything crash

Discus and support Application/everything crash in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sorry if this isn't the right thread, I'm new but really struggling with this error/crash that happens on my laptop often! It frequently happens when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jayb2, Dec 14, 2015.

1. jayb2 Win User

Application/everything crash

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, I'm new but really struggling with this error/crash that happens on my laptop often! It frequently happens when I play a game, the game will close automatically and I will be presented with an I/O error message? It closes everything and just makes my computer basically unusable until I manually power it down (I can't access start menu or anything) if anyone could give me an insight on how to fix this I would be so grateful! Thanks in advance!

:)

jayb2, Dec 14, 2015
  2. fpbear Win User

Device Manager crashes while enumerating devices, wmiprvse.exe fault in event log

Yes, this is the only application crashing, and everything else is working perfectly.

fpbear, Dec 14, 2015
  3. N97: Hard Reset (space+bkspace+shift+power) removed SD

And removed everything in Installed applications. A hard reset does not uninstall the standard applications apparently. After that installed Skype and Ovi Maps from the bookmarked Ovi link.

Ovi maps takes about 18sec to disapppear or crash.

theking2---01, Dec 14, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Instead of trying every remedy in the medicine cabinet, I would suggest an in-place upgrade install ( also know as repair install).

Assuming your Windows 10 is activated...............................
    Use one of the following links to download the Windows 10 10586 iso file :
    Media Creation Tool ( MCT )
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

I'll use MCT as an example :
    Download the MCT > run the Tool > select Create installation media for another PC
    That will start downloading the iso file to your computer.
    After that, right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    Installation will begin.
    You have the choice of keeping your settings, files and apps or keeping nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Dec 14, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, if you only have this happen when you're playing the game, it's worth
    a. researching the error message in conjunction with the game
    b. checking if you're using a version of the game compatible with Win 10, and checking for any patches or update.
    c. Looking at the event log (Event viewer).
    If not comfortable with that, Nirsoft has some freeware programs that focus on event log errors.

If the error happens with other programs or in other circumstances as well, then take action appropriate to that situation.

It could also help if you can post the exact error message and game.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Application/everything crash - Similar Threads - Application everything crash

2. Application crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application crashing: Late at night, I wanted to play some random Roblox games to find something to do. So, my PC booted up as usual, everything was normal, until I wanted to open Roblox, it opened, said "Please Wait" which usually occurs when its updating, then says installing Roblox for a...
  3. Application crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application crashing: Late at night, I wanted to play some random Roblox games to find something to do. So, my PC booted up as usual, everything was normal, until I wanted to open Roblox, it opened, said "Please Wait" which usually occurs when its updating, then says installing Roblox for a...
  4. Crashing Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing Applications: Hello, I keep having applications crash on my computer. It started this morning when I did a restart on my computer. I started by trying to launch java Minecraft which kept crashing within 5 seconds of opening the launcher. I uninstalled it and downloaded a new installer,...
  5. Crashing Applications

Crashing Applications: Hello, I keep having applications crash on my computer. It started this morning when I did a restart on my computer. I started by trying to launch java Minecraft which kept crashing within 5 seconds of opening the launcher. I uninstalled it and downloaded a new installer,...
  6. Everything Keeps Crashing

Everything Keeps Crashing: Yesterday I discovered that the search function in the Start bar is broken. When I click it, it opens and hangs for a second in which I cannot type, and then it promptly closes again. I cannot search. I ran the troubleshooter for Windows Search, which recognized that it...
  7. Application crash

Application crash: So i have a 3rd party application that is experiencing crashes on windows 10. It does not display any sort of error but when I got to event viewer-> windows logs -> application. I get the following: Faulting application name: tmwe.exe, version: 16.3.0.73, time stamp:...
  8. Application Crashes

Application Crashes: Hey, so I built my computer about 2 months ago and it was working fine, until one day I got on and it said "display driver failed to start." A simple restart fixed that issue but ever since that day my PC has been weird. Everyday at least once or twice, all my applications...
  9. Everything crashes..

Everything crashes..: So hello guys ! I am new here and my name is Ognjen. So recently I've got a new PC which has awesome parts as well..but there is on problem which makes me angry sometimes..Well when I try to install Malwarebytes program,it closes immediately.When I try to search for some fix...
  10. Application Crashing

Application Crashing: Fault bucket 1955724408958020599, type 5 Event Name: BEX64 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: bad_module_info P2: 0.0.0.0 P3: 00000000 P4: unknown P5: 0.0.0.0 P6: 00000000 P7: 00000253aadb3d45 P8: c0000005 P9: 0000000000000008 P10: Attached files:...