Windows 10: Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

Discus and support Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads" I see now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tomywho005, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

Hello,

When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads"
    I see now my PEB shortcut in a list in this internet explorer window. It is now .JAR and i can't open it

Normally the .EXE is supposed to start the installation... not to open internet explorer...

How to instal my program without going through internet exlporer ?

Tank you

Tom

:)

Tomywho005, Sep 5, 2018

2. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Sep 5, 2018
  3. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Hi,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to try running DISM commands and check if it helps.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a new command line tool that you can use to service a Windows image or prepare a Windows PE image.

Follow the steps to Run DISM Commands:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Refer to the thread mentioned below and see if it brings any difference.

Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead

Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.,

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

1. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE. - Similar Threads - Application EXE doesn't

2. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  3. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  4. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Whenever i open launch some certain applications it opens the windows settings instead of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever i open launch some certain applications it opens the windows settings instead of...: Whenever I try to launch games from launchers like Curseforge, Epic games and Etc. The windows settings app opens instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-open-launch-some-certain-applications/4759d3d4-3ed8-4ac6-ac37-55a1b4f32771
  6. Opening .exe file launches microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening .exe file launches microsoft store: Hi! I was trying to install java last night and after i downloaded the installer and double-clicked on it, the microsoft store opened. And the same happened when i tried to run it as administrator. I was looking for fixes for hours, but nothing i found helped. I checked the...
  7. setting doesn't launch or launches the store instead

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting doesn't launch or launches the store instead: my setting doesn't open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-doesnt-launch-or-launches-the-store/ac1813d7-60b1-47ec-9e41-77d6e03c79c8
  8. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

in Windows 10 Support
    Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.: Hello, When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads" I see now my PEB shortcut in a list in this internet explorer window. It is now .JAR and i can't open it Normally the .EXE is supposed to...
  9. IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE

in Browsers and Email
    IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE: I did a clean install of Windows 10 build 10041 x64. Every time I launch IE from my taskbar it opens a second tab, flashes Go Microsoft.com and then opens the IE Technical Preview page. The welcome to the latest version of IE page. I have set my homepage to just Google, reset...
  10. Chrome instead IE

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome instead IE: Hi all, I have several links created with Internet Explorer. (links are Website and not Url) I now work with chrom. My question is how to ensure that these links are embarking with chrom and not internet explorer Thank you 18770

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exe opens store instead of installing