Windows 10: Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon.

Discus and support Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a WPF application which take different command line arguments to start in different modes. I have create two shortcuts for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anshul Goel, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon.

Hello,

I have a WPF application which take different command line arguments to start in different modes. I have create two shortcuts for my application executable taking different arguments and having different shortcut icons which are embedded as Win32 resource in application executable.

The Problem I am facing is that if I run the main application executable (not from shortcut), the icon on the taskbar is being show from what custom one I have choose for the shortcut and its not the one that I have set during application initialization.

Similar behavior I am getting with some other 3rdParty application also. Is this some issue with windows? or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks

Anshul

:)

Anshul Goel, Nov 13, 2018

2. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Nov 13, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon. gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Nov 13, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon.

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

Sometime ago I installed the latest version of GPU-Z, started up my laptop the next day and noticed that the GPU-Z shortcut icon was white, I tried to find the icon in GPU-Z.exe but it said: "GPU-Z.exe contains no icons".
    I hope I the icon will return in the next version.

P4-630, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon.

1. Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon. - Similar Threads - Application exe icon

2. .exe applications are displaying the same icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe applications are displaying the same icon: Once in a while, I meet this bug. Some icons, and the .exe files are displaying one icon of another app. In my current case is the icon of VLC player. After uninstall VLC player, rebuild icon cache, run sfc scan, nothing seemed to work. The only method that worked once was...
  3. .exe applications are displaying the same icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe applications are displaying the same icon: Once in a while, I meet this bug. Some icons, and the .exe files are displaying one icon of another app. In my current case is the icon of VLC player. After uninstall VLC player, rebuild icon cache, run sfc scan, nothing seemed to work. The only method that worked once was...
  4. .exe applications are displaying the same icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes: it looks like this i don't have onedrive so it confuses me why it's here is this a cause for concern ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-checkmarks-on-desktop-icons-but-only-on/929f658c-38ba-4fc1-ba25-bdb8c40bf031
  6. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes: it looks like this i don't have onedrive so it confuses me why it's here is this a cause for concern ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-checkmarks-on-desktop-icons-but-only-on/929f658c-38ba-4fc1-ba25-bdb8c40bf031
  7. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Shortcut Icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcut Icon: I created a custom app icon in procreate and imported it onto my laptop. I converted it to an icon file and the resolution was exactly the same, but when I apply the icon to the short cut the quality is pixilated. When I make the icons smaller it makes it worse. What's...
  9. Network settings being overridden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network settings being overridden: I have Windows 10 Home Vers1909 Build 18363.657 I am trying to access my home network and not suceeding. I have tried all of the suggested tips and tricks to no avail, but one thing really puzzles me. If I open Network & Sharing centre and go to Advanced sharing options...
  10. shortcut icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    shortcut icon: I created a new shortcut icon on my desk top for NOAA weather. The icon works fine, however I want to change the logo that you click on from google to NOAA. I have searched many different how to sites but am unable to do so. Do you have a suggestion? Thank you...