Windows 10: Application Failed to start because no QT Platform could be initialized

Discus and support Application Failed to start because no QT Platform could be initialized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a series of recent Windows updates my Surface displays the following error when we log in OneDrive - This application failed to start because no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StephenDorey1, May 22, 2019.

1. Application Failed to start because no QT Platform could be initialized

After a series of recent Windows updates my Surface displays the following error when we log in

OneDrive - This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I look around the laptop and re-installed OneDrive but the issue still remains. I have search the community and followed the responses given to other suffering the same fate but so far this has not resolved the issue. Looking to know what I should attempt next ?

:)

StephenDorey1, May 22, 2019
  2. lucasio1 Win User

QT platform plugin missing

Hello,

I probably (accidently) deleted my QT platform plugin now I get this warning when widows starts:

"This application failed to start because it could not find or load the QT platform plugin "windows" in**,

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

How do I reinstall the application?

Thanks,

Lucasio

lucasio1, May 22, 2019
  3. Application Failed to start because no QT Platform could be initialized

Qt platform plugin

when ı start google earth, i received this message "this aplication failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows""

atillaaksoy, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Application Failed to start because no QT Platform could be initialized

1. Application Failed to start because no QT Platform could be initialized - Similar Threads - Application Failed start

2. Application Failed to start because no QT Platform could be initialized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Failed to start because no QT Platform could be initialized: After a series of recent Windows updates my Surface displays the following error when we log in OneDrive - This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. I look around the laptop and...
  3. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022): im having this error when i try to open an app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly/e2501a45-528b-4351-8af0-868a3577ea26
  4. QT platform plugin "windows"

in Windows 10 Customization
    QT platform plugin "windows": Hello, I download an app of R (programming language) and at the time of opening this poster appears: "This aplication failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "Windows" reinstalling the application may fix the problem" I try reinstall the app...
  5. Update.exe -This application could not be started

Update.exe -This application could not be started: Two days ago when I started up my Desktop PC I tried to launch Discord an application for talking to people online, however, I received this message. [ATTACH] After reading the error message over I clicked yes and downloaded the .NET Framework file. However, once I tried...
  6. Error message "this application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be...

Error message "this application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be...: I recently downloaded and installed a demo version of Stellar's Data Recovery software to see if I could salvage some files from a malfunctioning USB drive. I ended up finding another solution and never ran the software. I ended up removing it using the Windows uninstall...
  7. Onedrive error because no Qt platform

Onedrive error because no Qt platform: [ATTACH] as picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-error-because-no-qt-platform/f3b7020c-851d-4264-a300-b38ffc1bca03
  8. Finding & loading the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finding & loading the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "".: [ATTACH] The attached message keeps popping up on my screen, I don't know which application supposedly didn't start. Is the message legitimate? What do I need to do to stop the message popping up &, if there is a problem, fix it? Please keep in mind that computer jargon is...
  9. Machines Fail to Start and Initialize

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Machines Fail to Start and Initialize: My Windows 8.1 virtual machines worked fine. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and when I attempt to start the machines I get the error '(machine name)' failed to start. and '(machine name)' could not initialize. The same thing happens when I attempt to create a new virtual...
  10. Explorer.exe The server process could not be started because the...

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe The server process could not be started because the...: Hi, I just upgraded to windows 10 today, and when I try to log in the first message it gives me is a ridiculous long error code, and wont let me do anything. "c:windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is not available....." or something rather. Can't open the start...